HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zidlicky

Old
03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Nashville108*

vCash: 500
Zidlicky

He is a catalyst for bad things out there. I think he's reached his potential. I say we resign Vishnevski, keep Zanon out there to be our fundamentally sound defensive minded defenseman, but only long enough for someone in our system right now to get there like Franson etc. but I think we should draft forwards this year.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville108 View Post
He is a catalyst for bad things out there. I think he's reached his potential. I say we resign Vishnevski, keep Zanon out there to be our fundamentally sound defensive minded defenseman, but only long enough for someone in our system right now to get there like Franson etc. but I think we should draft forwards this year.
Zanon isn't exactly fundamentally sound.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I think its safe to say now that Zidlicky is a two way threat ... dangerous in both zones

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Zanon isn't exactly fundamentally sound.
really? He never gets beat, rarely takes a bad penalty, and he gives up his body and plays with 110% effort

Old
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
really? He never gets beat, rarely takes a bad penalty, and he gives up his body and plays with 110% effort
He gets beat OFTEN. He's a great shot blocker, and he occasionally puts on a decent hit, but playing man-on-man, or in situations where it requires hockey sense to predict what the forward is going to do, he suddenly becomes Andy Delmore. I appreciate what he does, but you're making him into something he isn't.

Old
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
vopatsrash

I think Zidlicky can return to form next season, but if Poile was able to dump his contract I wouldn't be disappointed.

Imo, Zidlicky's role on the team for 07-08 will be determined by a) Zidlicky's health/performance in the playoffs creating interest in the Preds or other teams and b) if Suter/Weber are solid in the playoffs, thus fully solidifying them as NHL "veterans" and allowing a guy like Klein to come up next year to replace Zids, thus freeing up more money for the Kariya-Hartnell-Forsberg-Timonen free agencies.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Zids has so much skill, but it seems like everytime I watch a game he makes costly mistakes. Like tonight, he tried to slap it from the point with a duck right in front of him. He blocked the shot and Selanne scored on the 2 on 0.

Although he's improved from last year as far as his physical play goes. Maybe next year he'll improve his vision.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
mmneely932

I've seen a lot of improvement in the last few weeks, he has his speed back on his shot, but he is till making some big mistakes that cost.
I really hope it's just getting used to new baby and new house, maybe he'll get his life settled down and back to the Zids, otherwise I see him getting another new house, somewhere other than Smashville.

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Nashville108*

The Preds should donate 200$ to charity everytime Eli Gold says "Zidlicky....SHOOTS...shot goes wide of the net"

Old
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmneely932 View Post
I've seen a lot of improvement in the last few weeks, he has his speed back on his shot, but he is till making some big mistakes that cost.
I really hope it's just getting used to new baby and new house, maybe he'll get his life settled down and back to the Zids, otherwise I see him getting another new house, somewhere other than Smashville.
Agreed. Zids gets alot of undue heat. Does he mess up? Yes...but it's exaggerated around here given the "everyone needs a whipping boy" clause. He gets ripped apart when he messes up, and no one mentions a word when he makes an incredible pass. These two things happen with similar frequency.

Old
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Agreed. Zids gets alot of undue heat. Does he mess up? Yes...but it's exaggerated around here given the "everyone needs a whipping boy" clause. He gets ripped apart when he messes up, and no one mentions a word when he makes an incredible pass. These two things happen with similar frequency.
I guess. But hey whatever works, remember who the whipping boy was last year, that is having a great year this year?
It starts with a David and ends with a Legwand.

Old
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I guess. But hey whatever works, remember who the whipping boy was last year, that is having a great year this year?
It starts with a David and ends with a Legwand.
Legwand was whipping boy for 5 years, sometimes he deserved it, most of the time he didn't...and part of the reason I stopped posting on the idiotboards over on the Preds site was because pointing out factual, statistical data as to why Legwand was a good player would be met with, 'OH, YOU'RE JUST A HOCKEY GOD, AREN'T YOU, I KNOW WHAT I KNOW, LEGGY SUCKS AND I'VE HEARD HE HATES NASHVILLE.' It was maddening. Whipping boy status usually means nothing.

Except when it was Delmore, but it took some people forever to realize how bad he sucked, anyway.

Old
03-07-2007, 07:13 AM
handtrick

Hate to see Zids out with the "upper body injury" and couldn't tell when it happened.

The silver lining in all this is that will force Trotzy's hand to play Weber on the 1st PP unit, where he belongs, IMO.

I think it was hard for the coaching staff to justify pulling Zids off of it originally, because if he cannot be an assest on the PP, he is just not an assest at all.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
PredDave

This will also force Trotz to play Vishnevski as well...

unless he decides to roll with 5 D-men and 13 forwards!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
SabresEdge

Does Brookbank have any shot of making the team next year?

SabresEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:59 PM
bubbabalue

wow, i was just checking the stats and he was a -5 tonight. he really fell off eh?

bubbabalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbabalue View Post
wow, i was just checking the stats and he was a -5 tonight. he really fell off eh?
our Czechs really showed up uber strong tonight ... Zid taking the sombrero with a -5 +/- ... Erat running into Arnott on a dump in & Vokoun letting in 3 or 4 5 hole goals ... bravo ... bravo ... bravo

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....PzZGEZ/AWMs%3D

Quote:
Trotz said the Predators likely will use a seven-defenseman, 11-forward lineup for Wednesday's game at Vancouver, then decide if a recall is necessary. Trotz might use defenseman Marek Zidlicky as a forward.

"We'll play seven defensemen and we'll get a little creative," Trotz said. "Marek played forward for a couple of years in the Finnish league. So there may be some special-teams situations where he could play some forward."
Although the end of the season is not exactly the time to start experimenting, I would be interested in seeing this happen.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:56 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....PzZGEZ/AWMs%3D

Although the end of the season is not exactly the time to start experimenting, I would be interested in seeing this happen.
trotz must read these boards

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Jarnberg

Not sure what to think about Zidlicky playing forward. He is great along the boards however.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
DocMcKay

Zids used to be one of my favorite Predators.

I don't know how it's possible, but it looks to me that the guy has gotten worse as a player. Defensively he's miserable out there. I get nervous whenever he's on the ice.

Even on the PP, he just doesn't seem to do much right these days

I would love to see the Zidlicky of old start playing again, but I think teams have just figured him out.

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
mmneely932

Z needs to go to the same therapist that the Preds sent TV to when he was having problems in season two, I think it was two. Anyway I remember the interview TV did later about what a great help it was.

Remember Tomas, the puck, it's a BEACHBALL!

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
irisheyes555

be afraid, be very afraid

the tenneesean was reporting that we are going to use suter and zids as forwards rather than call someone up.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...703210443/1028

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
the tenneesean was reporting that we are going to use suter and zids as forwards rather than call someone up.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...703210443/1028
Its not really anything to worry about. Its not like Zidlicky is replacing Sully up front, he'll likely get anywhere from 2-5 minutes of ice-time up front. He's a good skater he can handle it.

I'd be much more worried if it was the other way around and they put a forward back on the point to cover an injury/suspension rather than calling somebody up

Fraserburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:25 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I have a feeling this could be a good thing...and not just because it was my idea