HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

King dethroned!! Habs win 7-4!!

Old
05-27-2014, 11:52 PM
sliceOFtrance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 Bad Request View Post
This song?

Le but, from Loco Locass.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
allez monteral - loco locass

thanks!

sliceOFtrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
A friend just sent this to me. Thought I'd share it.

Quote:

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
how was the crowd live?
Insane, I don't think I've ever seen it this loud. I was yelling at the top of my lungs and still couldn't hear myself. On the other hand, you could here a coin drop when the rags tied it. At 4-1 the Habs looked way too comfortable, pk playing around near the blue line really pissed everyone off, he should have been focusing on shooting more, looks like he got a message from MT because that's exactly what he did on his next shifts.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
A friend just sent this to me. Thought I'd share it.
Haha... good one!

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:59 PM
SpeedyPotato

I really don't know what happens in game 6, I really feel like the habs are the better, deeper team here, but without Carey, I'm not as confident as I was against Boston in games 6 and 7. One guy really stands out to me though... Galchenyuk. He's been shifty and assertive, creating chances when he gets the puck, he's added even more depth to the team with his comeback and he looks fresh and rested, I think his comeback is huge for the team!!!! I believe, but there is no margin for error. If the habs can avoid playing with fire and return to the style that made them so successful vs Tampa and Boston, I honestly don't see how the rangers can beat them, but again, no margin for error... If only they had woken up earlier in this series GO HABS GO

SpeedyPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
Insane, I don't think I've ever seen it this loud. I was yelling at the top of my lungs and still couldn't hear myself. On the other hand, you could here a coin drop when the rags tied it. At 4-1 the Habs looked way too comfortable, pk playing around near the blue line really pissed everyone off, he should have been focusing on shooting more, looks like he got a message from MT because that's exactly what he did on his next shifts.
Yeah, I noted they started getting too fancy. I think they just got carried away with the emotion once they were up 4-1. Hopefully they'll play as intense but remain focused and just keep things simple on Thursday.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:00 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Yihs6S0Ac

go pk go

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Anyone notice Subban had 31 min of ice time.

Where are Therrien's haters?
Well doesn't this show that they were right in saying Therrien should use him more? That's what they've been wanting all year. More ice time, more trust, more responsibilities, didn't he win the Norris?...

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Anyone notice Subban had 31 min of ice time.

Where are Therrien's haters?
Subban had 30min and 25 sec. with 9min. and 40s of that on the power play. If we have 4 min. of powerplay instead, Subban is down to around 26-27 min.

Therrien is just not managing his bench much. He had to take a time out because Markov and Subban were completely gassed at one point.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Yeah, I noted they started getting too fancy. I think they just got carried away with the emotion once they were up 4-1. Hopefully they'll play as intense but remain focused and just keep things simple on Thursday.
This whole series has been about ugly goals, both goalies have given some pretty nasty rebounds, why try to get fancy, the rangers are so fast they capitalize everytime we get cocky. Makes me think that maybe this series would have been different with Price, not by a huge margin for the previous game but this one would have ended very differently with price. In hindsight Toks has done everything we expect of him. Just shows how much Price's rebound control is miles ahead of king Henry's.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:09 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
They replayed a dozen times during the game, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to find it.
I also think it's a pretty natural reaction. Don't you have a little delay when a friend fake punches you? It's not like it was a 2 seconds delay.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Nynja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Subban had 30min and 25 sec. with 9min. and 40s of that on the power play. If we have 4 min. of powerplay instead, Subban is down to around 26-27 min.

Therrien is just not managing his bench much. He had to take a time out because Markov and Subban were completely gassed at one point.
Off an icing call, near the end of the game...most coaches with the lead use their time out in those scenarios if it pops up.

Nynja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:10 AM
FinnHab

Rags fans are almost reaching bruins fans level anti habs-rampant on their board. Too funny.

Next Game. Just Win!

Go Habs Go!

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

I don't necessarily want to see Subban out there 30 minutes a night, every night. I don't think it'd be wise to use him in such a way, because his play style doesn't allow him to play that many minutes. What I want is for Therrien to trust him in defensive duties as well, because PK proved that he could excel in them under Martin. In fact, he's probably our 2nd or 3rd best PKer on the team, yet Therrien never used him in such situations. Nor when it's time to protect the lead late in the game.

He changed that a bit during the playoffs by using him more in those situations, but I just don't know why he didn't do that all season long. If you want him to grow as a player and a leader, you need to give him the opportunities to develop his game. Sure, you can shelter him a bit if the team has 5 or 6 powerplays in a game, but otherwise, give him the chance to grow.

Now, what I'm curious about is how outsiders will look at him now that he's been the most used defenseman of all the teams left in the playoffs and arguably the best defenseman in the playoffs as a whole.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
Off an icing call, near the end of the game...most coaches with the lead use their time out in those scenarios if it pops up.
Yes, I know, but that one was quite something. The coach should at least try to avoid streching his players' reserves like that.

Of course Therrien is playing tighter and giving more TOI to his best players. But I still don't see how this bench is managed either at the micro-level (i.e. within one period) or at the macro-level (i.e. over the season).

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I don't necessarily want to see Subban out there 30 minutes a night, every night. I don't think it'd be wise to use him in such a way, because his play style doesn't allow him to play that many minutes. What I want is for Therrien to trust him in defensive duties as well, because PK proved that he could excel in them under Martin. In fact, he's probably our 2nd or 3rd best PKer on the team, yet Therrien never used him in such situations. Nor when it's time to protect the lead late in the game.

He changed that a bit during the playoffs by using him more in those situations, but I just don't know why he didn't do that all season long. If you want him to grow as a player and a leader, you need to give him the opportunities to develop his game. Sure, you can shelter him a bit if the team has 5 or 6 powerplays in a game, but otherwise, give him the chance to grow.

Now, what I'm curious about is how outsiders will look at him now that he's been the most used defenseman of all the teams left in the playoffs and arguably the best defenseman in the playoffs as a whole.
Hey Big, I really don't think PK gives a damn about how he's perceived, as long as the team continues winning, that's the true mark of being a Hab, Teamwork!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:26 AM
FF de Mars

High quality hope

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
This whole series has been about ugly goals, both goalies have given some pretty nasty rebounds, why try to get fancy, the rangers are so fast they capitalize everytime we get cocky. Makes me think that maybe this series would have been different with Price, not by a huge margin for the previous game but this one would have ended very differently with price. In hindsight Toks has done everything we expect of him. Just shows how much Price's rebound control is miles ahead of king Henry's.
it's crazy if there had been no letdown and team actually showed up for game 1 and lundqvist didn't stand on his head in game 2 and Chucky didn't hit the post last game if if if

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:29 AM
S Bah

I met this guy at the Rock Music Express Awards yrs ago and his big song was Don't try to lay no Boogie Woogie on the King of Rock N Roll. He failed badly teamwork is best and scr** the rest!

Old
05-28-2014, 12:29 AM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Anything to avoid talking about the Habs after a win... here's a magic show.
LOL! So true!

Allez Monteal!

It

Isn't

Over

Yet!

GO HABS GO!

Emelin out for Beaulieu was shocking to me, and I loved it.

Bournival, Weise and weaver were fantastic as well.

Eller/Bourque really took control

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:36 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
LOL! So true!

Allez Monteal!

It

Isn't

Over

Yet!

GO HABS GO!

Emelin out for Beaulieu was shocking to me, and I loved it.

Bournival, Weise and weaver were fantastic as well.

Eller/Bourque really took control

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Les Habitants sont la, no one wins a game it's a whole team effort, from the Owners all the way down to the stars and the FANS!!!!!!

Old
05-28-2014, 12:42 AM
S Bah

Jesus Price!!!! I can't take the BS, I hear about the goalies, give credit to all of the players that scored entertaining while battling, I'll bet 10-1 that they are sorer tonight than some of my scraps, which I still feel now at 59 -60 Crossover!

Old
05-28-2014, 12:47 AM
S Bah

Finally the Captain speaks, McGuire interviewing the gutsy little Mutha, Gionta no brag, just the way we always stick together and never give up!!!!!:ha ndclap: Bergevin knows of what he speaks, never pontificating, just does what's best for the TEAM!!!!!! I'm getting the feeling it's coming down to the best of 7, Chicago vs the Montreal, original Six in a Tug of War for the Ages!!!!

Last edited by S Bah: 05-28-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

So that BS call on Bork at the end. Will it warrant him a suspension? I'm lost..

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Vanek was MUCH better today. He needs to produce if we are going to pull this off, but he showed a pulse. Good possession metrics, actually looked engaged out there, best game of the series for him by far.
He still can't move, but I was also encouraged by his improved play in this physically crippled state. He looked good out there with Danny B, even had a few looks on his natural side.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote