HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Recruiting adults for Winnipeg team

Old
05-28-2014, 08:06 AM
jetsfan23

vCash: 500
Recruiting adults for Winnipeg team

Are you new to playing hockey or have been off the ice or are looking for a new low level hockey team? I am moving back to Winnipeg in June and without a team to play on I have decided to start a new one.

I am a dedicated hockey player who picked up the game as an adult. I love the game and have played one season of organized league in the Central League and one summer in ASHL. I don't want to miss out this year. So if you are a newbie or experienced and want to finally get that team experience send me an email. I'm hoping that once we have enough guys that we can have some practices to work on basic drills (nothing crazy just enough to mesh), so we're not all over the map.

This team will be about having a good time.

Look forward to hearing from people.

jetsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Rookie109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan23 View Post
Are you new to playing hockey or have been off the ice or are looking for a new low level hockey team? I am moving back to Winnipeg in June and without a team to play on I have decided to start a new one.

I am a dedicated hockey player who picked up the game as an adult. I love the game and have played one season of organized league in the Central League and one summer in ASHL. I don't want to miss out this year. So if you are a newbie or experienced and want to finally get that team experience send me an email. I'm hoping that once we have enough guys that we can have some practices to work on basic drills (nothing crazy just enough to mesh), so we're not all over the map.

This team will be about having a good time.

Look forward to hearing from people.
Heh, this sounds just like the team I am putting together right now for the Fall. I am thinking of putting my team at the lowest level at Dakota (Jonathan Towes arena) as it's pretty much $90 cheaper per player vs Canlan for pretty much the exact same thing.

My team is mostly beginners with a few veterans who will train-up the newbies. Even if we don't end up playing together or in the same division or league, we could always get some kick-ass scrimmages and possibly rent some ice during the summer if we have enough guys.

Thoughts?

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:22 AM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

i'm up for renting some ice for some pick up hockey

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Rookie109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorbjorb View Post
i'm up for renting some ice for some pick up hockey
I'll have to look into prices etc.

Old
07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
cutchemist42

Play goalie for a team already but if you're ever looking for a goalie for icetime, I might be able to help out.

cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Rookie109

A friend of mine has booked ice tonight at 9:30 p.m. @ East End Community Club, 517 Pandora Ave E, Transcona, MB R2C 0A5.

This is an informal practice scrimmage with will run for one or two hours, right now it's pretty open for anyone here from Winnipeg who wants to hit the ice tonight.

Pricing is about $15-20 per hour depending on how many players we have that show up (expecting about 12-15).

PM me for a cell# if interested.