HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore's hit on Dale Weise - Suspended 2 games - Video in post 177

Old
05-28-2014, 07:13 AM
KingStian

vCash: 500
John Moore's hit on Dale Weise - Suspended 2 games - Video in post 177

NHL Department of Player Safety:

Quote:
Rangers' John Moore faces hearing for hit on Weise

New York Rangers defenseman John Moore will have a hearing Wednesday with the NHL Department of Player Safety for a hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise in the third period of Eastern Conference Final Game 5 on Tuesday.

Moore was assessed a match penalty at 10:41 of the third for his hit that knocked off Weise's helmet. Weise left the game briefly before returning to skate three more shifts.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

Montreal won the game, 7-4 to extend the series to a Game 6 on Thursday at Madison Square Garden.
I fully expect at least one game for Moore, even though I think he never would have gotten a game misconduct if it wasn't for the Weise's helmet flying off on the hit. It was a little late, but not as late as the Prust hit on Stepan which was almost twice as late. I don't think this warrants more than one game, but I expect a suspension since Prust got one.

To me it looks like he is admiring his pass a little to much. He never takes his eyes off it. It was stupid of John Moore to throw that hit, but I still think the Prust hit was worse. If the helmet stays on I think Moore get a minor.

The most annoying thing about the whole incident is that Prust got away with his during the game. Can't blame these refs for the **** up by the crew from game 3 though.

I won't be mad if he gets a game, but I'll be furious if he gets more the Prust.

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Problematique

Should he be suspended, who will come in? Diaz?

Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 07:37 AM
M Gaz
Goalie Killer

vCash: 2946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Should he be suspended, who will come in? Diaz?
I would imagine. He's a helluva lot more useful than Falk. Plus he could help the PP.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Stupid and selfish on Moore's part. Imagine he'll get 2 like Prust. The hit was very similar.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:07 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
NHL Department of Player Safety:

I fully expect at least one game for Moore, even though I think he never would have gotten a game misconduct if it wasn't for the Weise's helmet flying off on the hit. It was a little late, but not as late as the Prust hit on Stepan which was almost twice as late. I don't think this warrants more than one game, but I expect a suspension since Prust got one.

To me it looks like he is admiring his pass a little to much. He never takes his eyes off it. It was stupid of John Moore to throw that hit, but I still think the Prust hit was worse. If the helmet stays on I think Moore get a minor.

The most annoying thing about the whole incident is that Prust got away with his during the game. Can't blame these refs for the **** up by the crew from game 3 though.

I won't be mad if he gets a game, but I'll be furious if he gets more the Prust.

I agree--not as late a hit and no injury--at least that we know. Was blindside and caught him in the head. He could get two games.

To be honest the NHL's Department of Player Safety is so ****ed up. Truthfully they should routinely give hits like this 5 games or more regardless of injury--regardless of regular season or playoffs if they're serious about taking hits like this out of the game. As bad as it was I think Prust's was even worse--so late that really the player has no reason to expect the hit and then there's the injury. It's one thing to say this hit was blindside--sometimes you might be blind to where a hit is coming from but have a good idea that it's coming anyway and can prepare yourself a bit. Whether Prust's was blindside to Stepan I don't know--I don't necessarily agree like some are saying that it wasn't---to add Stepan still had no good reason to expect it two strides after he got rid of the puck. The Habs fans that are aghast at this and who defended Prust's hit are really about as ****ing out to lunch as it's possible to get. All these years of hearing this bs that Habs fans are so hockey wise from this commentator or that--after going through this series--all I can say is ???

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:09 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Definitely suspend him, that was uncalled for and dirty. He should be done for the last 2 of this series.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Suspend him for a game as I believe the extra game Prust got was for player injury. It's the same hit any way you want to slice it.

Thank god Ranger fans aren't whiny ***** like Canadiens fans and we can admit fault.

Miamipuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Derfel*
Makes People Angry

vCash: 128
If it's an in-person hearing, it'll be 5 games or more. Haven't read any where that's it's a phone call...?

Derfel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Algernop Kreider
Ant strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Suspend him for a game as I believe the extra game Prust got was for player injury. It's the same hit any way you want to slice it.

Thank god Ranger fans aren't whiny ***** like Canadiens fans and we can admit fault.
Prust's was the same hit, but literally twice as late. This should get 1 game.

Algernop Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Stupid and selfish on Moore's part. Imagine he'll get 2 like Prust. The hit was very similar.
If the league feels the hit is the same as Prust's, he should get only a game. No history. No injury. And he was penalized on-ice and given a game misconduct.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-28-2014 at 08:56 AM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
If it's an in-person hearing, it'll be 5 games or more. Haven't read any where that's it's a phone call...?
If it's an in-person hearing, it will be because they are both located in New York.

If he gets more than 2 games, you will see smoke coming out of servers somewhere. Not happening.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If the league feels the hit is the same as Prust's, he should get only a game. No history.
Agreed. Regardless, I think Diaz is better then Moore anyway.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:27 AM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

Stupid play. Dont know why he followed through with that hit. High and from the blindside.

He's got no history of this stuff, and there was no apparent injury on the play. I've said in the past that i hate that the injury or non-injury is factored into the suspension, but it is.

I think with that said, it should be 1 game. But i wouldn't be surprised if its 2 or 3. If what they say is true - each game suspension in the playoffs is worth 2 in the regular season then this should be 1 or 2 games. We'll see. The difference is that Moore clearly got his head and Prust didnt. But Stepan required surgery for a broken jaw and Weise seems fine. Again, even though i dont agree with the injury effect on the suspension, I think it evens it out from that perspective. The difference is history of the hitter.

From a Rangers perspective, idiotic play. I think what happened is Moore got too rowdy with his physicality. He absolutely leveled (was it Weise?) in the first period against the turnbuckle and had a few more decent checks after. I think he got over excited and tried to lay down another one but it was bad.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:27 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I really, just don't understand how this is "clear contact to the head" but the Prust hit was "chest principle point of contact with incidental head contact."

For all intents and purposes this is an identical hit in my books. Contact looks identical. Blows my mind that people think differently.

05-28-2014, 08:28 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He'll get a game.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakename View Post
Prust's was the same hit, but literally twice as late. This should get 1 game.
Prust hit was a little later sure. But whether it was .2 or .4 later that's a little too nit picky for my taste.

Miamipuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I really, just don't understand how this is "clear contact to the head" but the Prust hit was "chest principle point of contact with incidental head contact."

For all intents and purposes this is an identical hit in my books. Contact looks identical. Blows my mind that people think differently.
After looking at it I think you're right - with no history it's 1 game

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Derfel*
Makes People Angry

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
If it's an in-person hearing, it will be because they are both located in New York.

If he gets more than 2 games, you will see smoke coming out of servers somewhere. Not happening.
Prust was in New York when he had his phone call - that's the way the league works. Phone call = less than 5 games. In-person hearing = more than 5 games.

Derfel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

He should get one game. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll get two or three.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Zaggs

I think the decision will go like this. "Do you play for Montreal" "No" "4 games".
Just look at the fact there have been no refs huddles after a Ranger has been injured.

Zaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:36 AM
AHB*

Is Weise hurt?

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:37 AM
CharlieCharleschuk

When I was younger that would have been considered an awesome hit.

No injury on the play makes it even better, and on a guy who'd been running Rangers all night long? Why the heck not.

It was literally hundredths of a second after Weise dished the puck and before another Hab took possession. Should fall clearly under Rule 56 stating that:

"The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession."

May be a hit to the head though. Couldn't tell on the angles shown in the vid. Fact that he was cleared to play may indicate no concussion and no hit to the head.

CharlieCharleschuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GuelphStormer

2 games ... he went for the head.

GuelphStormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Imagine if this was the habs board,

"No hit to the head, he clearly threw the helmet off himself"
"Hardly even a penalty, Weise clearly ran him"

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:38 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

I agree.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote