HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Optimistic Thread : Let's be real Fans!

Old
05-26-2014, 06:57 PM

vCash: 500
We'll win the next 3 games. We are the team that deserves to be destroyed by the Kings in the Finals.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 07:22 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
We'll win the next 3 games. We are the team that deserves to be destroyed by the Kings in the Finals.
Only for Carey Price to come back and beat the Kings single handily.......wouldn't that be a story.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 07:40 PM
HabsandSmokies

The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it. Guess not only are we done but the western team is done too. Getting ahead of themselves a little I think (I think Kreider should lift it first. he did his best to get us out of the playoffs)

HabsandSmokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Guilliam

Bump

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Being optimistic doesn't do **** when you're not the one playing. God damn, I wish people would sometimes understand a few things in life...

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Guilliam

And *****ing and whining and bashing every player does what exactly? Except to depressing the hell out of everybody reading these boards...

At least being optimistic and having a positive demeanor breeds positivity around you.

I apologize for how tacky this sounds, but it is true.

Last edited by Guilliam: 05-28-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
And *****ing and whining and bashing every player does what exactly? Except to depressing the hell out of everybody reading these boards...

At least being optimistic and having a positive demeanor breeds positivity around you.

I apologize for how tacky this sounds, but it is true.
Striking contrast between the comments made in the game 4 thread and the game 5 thread.

In game 4, guys are taking personal shots at the players and the team, while in the game 5 thread, the talk is about lundqvist being solved, and the how awesome the habs are.

The truth is that lundqvist is not solved, and he usually responds very well to a mediocre outing. The truth is that the habs are not gutless pukes, but a team that is trying hard to get the job done. The truth is that these two teams were very evenly matched going in, and the price injury gives the rangers the edge.

The polarizing talk from one day to the next around here can be nauseating.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsandSmokies View Post
The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it. Guess not only are we done but the western team is done too. Getting ahead of themselves a little I think (I think Kreider should lift it first. he did his best to get us out of the playoffs)
If you want to be a troll suggest Doughty or Carter

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Striking contrast between the comments made in the game 4 thread and the game 5 thread.

In game 4, guys are taking personal shots at the players and the team, while in the game 5 thread, the talk is about lundqvist being solved, and the how awesome the habs are.

The truth is that lundqvist is not solved, and he usually responds very well to a mediocre outing. The truth is that the habs are not gutless pukes, but a team that is trying hard to get the job done. The truth is that these two teams were very evenly matched going in, and the price injury gives the rangers the edge.

The polarizing talk from one day to the next around here can be nauseating.
Yeah I agree with this, but at same time these threads aren't cathering to the same posters.

After a loss, you see the pessimists, DD haters (the DD thread got popped back on top for some reason), the 'I told you so' crowd. After a win, the fanboys (myself included), the vindicative 'I told you so' but positive way crowd, and the bandwagonners mostly post and the haters stay quiet.

That said, no matter what happens I think that us, Habs fans, can be proud of what this team has accomplished. Not an easy task getting past the Bruins and competing hard without their no1 goalie.

But I still predict a summer full of DD bashing (moar size size size !!!11) and MB 2nd guessing. Nothing ever pleases all Habs fans. For myself, I've been a negative nancy for years now, since around 2000 when the team was just atrocious, but now I've changed my attitude toward this team and management. They brought hope back. Next few years this team will be improved big time, all the dead wood gone, all the young talent entering their prime.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsandSmokies View Post
The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it.
The only cup they're going to lift is the one in their jockstraps and they'll find out it has more room than when they started the series with us.

We got this. (TM)

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote