HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Like OMG the Wild are killing hockey!!!!!

Old
03-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Karl

vCash: 500
Like OMG the Wild are killing hockey!!!!!

We have heard it and will keep on hearing it as long as Lemaire is our coach.

"God the Wild are so boring" "Lemaire is single handily killing hockey."
"Well looks like it is going to be another clutch and grab trap fest by the Wild."

Do you you find this annoying or do you just laugh at it. For me it depends, sometimes i think it is funny and other times I get annoyed. Especially if the same fans team implies the trap as well. Personally I fell some use it as a crutch to explain why they lost to the Wild. "Damn Wild played so boring it put our guys to sleep."

Devils fans get this crap all the time. You can put your two cents in as well.

Bottom line get over it people, no hockey is "boring"

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Wild Thing

I think it has a lot of value, in that as soon as I see someone say it I know that they're a 12-year old fanboy who doesn't know jack**** about hockey and is usually a sore loser as well, and therefore I don't need to waste any time taking anything they say seriously.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
vitogor

It only bothers me when somebody says that after a really good game, only because their team got beat. Today, there was somebody on the Avs board who said something like: "Another boring Wild game, and the refs were helping them too". A few replies later, the same poster admitted that he didn't watch the game. This kind of stuff irritates me. I didn't reply to that, because I don't like trolling other teams' boards, but come on. I thought it was a very good game, with lots of scoring chances both ways.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
I agree that hockey is never boring

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Bardo Thodol*

I don't know how anyone can honestly still say Minnesota is a boring team. I mean, no offense, but your offense shines brighter than your defense and goalie. Also, Gaborik has to be one of the scariest players in the NHL anytime he's on the ice.

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Canucks19*

I found last year to be really boring to watch Wild and Canucks games... im not sure if it was the Wild's fault or the Canucks, but sometimes i avoided to watch those games and just come and watch the last 5 minutes. The Wild this season are a bit different, i think the addition of Demitra and him playing with Gabby is quite exciting, I find Gaborik an exciting player, but i find Lemaire's style is what is holding Gaborik back from scoring more. Just my personal opinion, I think Gaborik would easily have 90 points by now (also if he didn't get injured) if he was not playing for Lemaire. I am not saying Lemaire is a bad coach, I just think certain players can excel to their maximum potential in his system. The Wild overall now are not a boring team, when you look through the lineup, they have some exciting players to watch, I do feel that the Wild need to improve on Defense, and that will be a factor for them come Playoff time, Nummelin will be useless because there is no shootout, and from games i've seen him play he is not that great.

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

With the Sabres having recently played you guys, and seeing you on the East coast these days, few remarks...

- as a Sabre fan I do experience a slight level of... frustration? half way through the game when playing Minny... But also when playing NJ or Florida

- you play a game that suits you the best... Wild started out with a weak roster with Lemaire as coach, old habits die hard, and why should they, when they yield results

- trap or no trap, your D allows very few rebounds. Respect.

- Gaborik and Rolston get me out of my seat most of the time, especially Gaborik. He could've killed the Sabres the other day on his own

- it's "that" part of the season, when points are at a premium, everyone's edgy, you get frustrated if you lose points etc. Fans react different ways...

Best of luck to you in the playoffs.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:21 AM
EbencoyE

Of course there's such a thing as boring hockey.

Ever go down to the local rink and see some 50+ year olds playing beer league?

Not saying the Wild are that bad, but all the trap playing teams aren't as entertaining. No doubt about that.

EbencoyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Welcome to our club.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I agree that hockey is never boring
I remember sitting with my Dad in the upper deck at the Met watching the North Stars. We had the section all to ourselves. The No Stars were so dull that the li'l tykes playing between periods got more cheers than the actual game. The only other moments that were worthwhile were when when Basil McCrae would cross the blueline with the puck and do his patented headfake-left, headfake-right, drop-the-gloves & beat the crap out of the D-man maneuver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks19 View Post
I found last year to be really boring to watch Wild and Canucks games... im not sure if it was the Wild's fault or the Canucks, but sometimes i avoided to watch those games and just come and watch the last 5 minutes. The Wild this season are a bit different, i think the addition of Demitra and him playing with Gabby is quite exciting, I find Gaborik an exciting player, but i find Lemaire's style is what is holding Gaborik back from scoring more. Just my personal opinion, I think Gaborik would easily have 90 points by now (also if he didn't get injured) if he was not playing for Lemaire. I am not saying Lemaire is a bad coach, I just think certain players can excel to their maximum potential in his system. The Wild overall now are not a boring team, when you look through the lineup, they have some exciting players to watch, I do feel that the Wild need to improve on Defense, and that will be a factor for them come Playoff time, Nummelin will be useless because there is no shootout, and from games i've seen him play he is not that great.
Yea ... the Nuck-Wild games last year were dull.

The only thing holding Gabbie back from scoring at a 1.25PPG clip is he's so fast, so quick that he has a tendency to shred his own groin. Now that he knows without any doubt that he must train relentlessly 365 days a year and warm up more thoroughly, I think he'll play a full season next year. Then I think 100 points are possible.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Keetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Of course there's such a thing as boring hockey.

Ever go down to the local rink and see some 50+ year olds playing beer league?
Um Sorry but thats hockey too Babe! At least they are doing what they love, and most of those guys are in better shape than most 20 somethings!

Sure they don't have the wow me skills everytime they touch the puck, but the passion's there, and the love of the game. Whats sweeter than that?

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Lux Aurumque*

The Wild were fairly boring in the past, but they have Marian-freaking-Gaborik, there's no way in hell he can be considered boring. They've been fairly exciting to watch this season, and I've REALLY enjoyed Canucks vs. Wild games.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Welcome to the club.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:47 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Welcome to the club.
I think the Wild fans and the Devils fans should unite. Maybe together we can finally achieve our ultimate goal- killing hockey completely. Think of the awesomeness that the Wild-Devils Stanley Cup Finals would bring, all the whining on these boards would be hilarious.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 02:02 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
The wild are reasonable to watch this season. Much better than many of their previous seasons when they really were in the worst of the worst group when it came to providing excitement.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:06 PM
The Big E

Isn't it amazing what talent will do?

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
I think the Wild fans and the Devils fans should unite. Maybe together we can finally achieve our ultimate goal- killing hockey completely. Think of the awesomeness that the Wild-Devils Stanley Cup Finals would bring, all the whining on these boards would be hilarious.
Haha!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Welcome to the club.
you're not only a client, but the president.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
MJCULE

the wild arent, the trap is, and thats only to fake fans. i love hockey either way

MJCULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Kneecaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
The Wild were fairly boring in the past, but they have Marian-freaking-Gaborik, there's no way in hell he can be considered boring. They've been fairly exciting to watch this season, and I've REALLY enjoyed Canucks vs. Wild games.
The team is more than just Gabby this year. There is more talent and chemistry. They play faster and move the puck more. Doesn't seem very boring to me.

Kneecaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

Now that you have Gaborik back, it's not as boring. That stretch through November/December was brutal. Almost as bad as Dallas games when they lost Modano, Morrow, Lindros and all their top players and all they did was trap, trap, trap to win. It was painful to watch.

Trap hockey is not boring if it's your team that's doing it. Vancouver is often accused of being a trap team too. Vancouver uses it (like every team, don't think any team doesn't use it to some degree) in key situations, often late in the 3rd on a 1 goal lead. I don't like that, because all it takes is for a single mistake and the other team will be pelting you with pucks from the blue line or goal mouth scramble to make it a tie game. Vancouver has come back many times that way, but we've also given up leads that way.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 02:58 PM
ceber

I'd rather watch a 1-2-2 than the 1-4 I've seen *some* teams using this year.. blech.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote