HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

King dethroned!! Habs win 7-4!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2014, 01:14 PM
  #551
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's going to have growing pains..he's a high risk player, Subban and Markov still have shockingly bad games due to their playing style and the former is one of the best blueliners in the game.

I think he has shown he is worth putting up with the bad though, it would be a mistake to be trigger-shy with his usage.
He makes some really intelligent reads sometimes on the ice. At some point last game, Pacioretty came down low to recuperate a puck, but decided to chip it off the boards. I don't know who the hell Pacioretty was expecting to get that chip off the boards, since he's the winger and he should be the outlet option on a play like that. Fortunately for Patches though, Beaulieu exploded from the front of the net to get to that puck before the defenseman and we managed to get out of the zone.

The guy really has a good natural and instinctive feel about what to do and where to be on the ice. That combined to his skills and skating ability will enable him to outweigh his bad plays with many more good plays in general IMO.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:15 PM
  #552
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's some Michel Therrien logic right there.

When you get to choose team canada, the crop you're choosing from is so damn deep that the likelhood of choosing a team that can't win is incredibly low. And just because a team wins doesn't mean every single component on that team is untouchable.
This past Team Canada played one of the best hockey tournaments in the history of the sport... their system was so effective with the players chosen. Team USA who were dominating the rest of the world looked like a Division 2 team against them... the only time I was nervous the whole tournament was against Latvia and that was because of a flash in the pan performance by an unknown goalie.

Steve Yzerman deserves credit for selecting the right mix of size, speed, defensive awareness and talent.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
  #553
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Jon Stewart did a segment on this which was hilarious. You can probably find it on youtube.
yeah, you do know that that was not really a Jon Stewart segment, right?

It's great but someone pieced that together using JS segments and Bruins highlights (or lowlights rather)

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
  #554
Feintastic
Registered User
 
Feintastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Lundqvist is not the king... I dont know where he got that nickname from but he's not king lmao

Ok he's ONE of the best even If perso I always thought he's overated but he does not deserves that title.

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:20 PM
  #555
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's some Michel Therrien logic right there.

When you get to choose team canada, the crop you're choosing from is so damn deep that the likelhood of choosing a team that can't win is incredibly low. And just because a team wins doesn't mean every single component on that team is untouchable.
Yeah except no. If they'd lost, we'd be hearing nothing but how he made all the wrong picks. It's a thankless task basically. I would have taken MSL over Kunitz but I was not privy to the discussions amongst the coaching staff about how they wanted to put the team together and what roles they wanted guys to play. Were you?

That said MSL did not look that great when he did play. Kunitz was hot and cold (mostly cold) but was great in the Gold Medal game.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:21 PM
  #556
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feintastic View Post
Lundqvist is not the king... I dont know where he got that nickname from but he's not king lmao

Ok he's ONE of the best even If perso I always thought he's overated but he does not deserves that title.
How is he overrated? The guy has been the most consistently great goaltender since coming into the league. He has an incredible game 7 record and always bounces back after a bad game. I doubt Montreal will score a lot of goals on him tomorrow night.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM
  #557
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
yeah, you do know that that was not really a Jon Stewart segment, right?

It's great but someone pieced that together using JS segments and Bruins highlights (or lowlights rather)
Yes. I could have been more specific.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
  #558
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
How is he overrated? The guy has been the most consistently great goaltender since coming into the league. He has an incredible game 7 record and always bounces back after a bad game. I doubt Montreal will score a lot of goals on him tomorrow night.
but we will score enough to come back to MTl for game 7

(please please please)

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:37 PM
  #559
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,940
vCash: 883
There is reason to believe there was intent, which differs from the Prust hit.

Moore Big Hit in 1st period:


Weise Revenge Hit in 2nd period (he likely said something to Moore there):


Moore Hit in 3rd period:


These aren't big minute players, they engaged 5 times in their few shifts in the game:
1st period
0.20 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone
11:48 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone

2nd period
8:44 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone
8:55 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone

3rd period
10:41 - PENL - NYR #17 MOORE Match penalty(10 min), Neu. Zone Drawn By: MTL #22 WEISE

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:12 PM
  #560
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,851
vCash: 500
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
League looked at Bourque cross-check and Dorsett head butt but nothing will come of it. No hearings for either player

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:17 PM
  #561
PuckSeparator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Check Republik
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
League looked at Bourque cross-check and Dorsett head butt but nothing will come of it. No hearings for either player
That's fine, wouldn't want them replacing Dorknosett with someone that can play anyway...

PuckSeparator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:18 PM
  #562
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSeparator View Post
That's fine, wouldn't want them replacing Dorknosett with someone that can play anyway...
Diaz can play?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:19 PM
  #563
PuckSeparator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Check Republik
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
There is reason to believe there was intent, which differs from the Prust hit.

Moore Big Hit in 1st period:


Weise Revenge Hit in 2nd period (he likely said something to Moore there):


Moore Hit in 3rd period:


These aren't big minute players, they engaged 5 times in their few shifts in the game:
1st period
0.20 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone
11:48 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone

2nd period
8:44 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone
8:55 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone

3rd period
10:41 - PENL - NYR #17 MOORE Match penalty(10 min), Neu. Zone Drawn By: MTL #22 WEISE
Been saying this since the hit happened. We'll see if Quintal has the guts to use the pre-meditation in his ruling but Moore only makes that hit because it's Weise.

PuckSeparator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:24 PM
  #564
PuckSeparator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Check Republik
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Diaz can play?
He's no Dutch Gretzky that's for sure...

PuckSeparator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:29 PM
  #565
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSeparator View Post
He's no Dutch Gretzky that's for sure...
He's the Swiss Karlsson?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:31 PM
  #566
Lebowski
El Duderino
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
It's a joke it was a 5 min major. And the ref was looking right at it.

Welp, that's just ridiculous.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
  #567
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,385
vCash: 1907
Has Diaz played this series? I just realized he was on the rangers hahahahaha

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
  #568
NHLFutureGuy3
Registered User
 
NHLFutureGuy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Win or lose next game, so happy we are playing hockey at the end of May!

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:54 PM
  #569
BAS7ARD1Z3R
Registered User
 
BAS7ARD1Z3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
"Habs will just not go away. If Rangers lose thursday - this is over. Gut instinct says Habs in 7. Hate so say it. Sometimes the impossible happens, and this is the year it'll probably happen. A Cinderella team going to the finals on a backup goalie... "


i loled when i read that


Last edited by BAS7ARD1Z3R: 05-28-2014 at 03:03 PM.
BAS7ARD1Z3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
  #570
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,940
vCash: 883

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
  #571
Hansman
Registered User
 
Hansman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Would luv to see Tinordi spot in for Cube.

Hansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:38 PM
  #572
overlords
youmyboyblou!
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Are my eyes **** or does it say '******' on his sweater after he eats the mushroom?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:41 PM
  #573
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,711
vCash: 60065
Yup, it's says dou....

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:45 PM
  #574
theschwab13
Registered User
 
theschwab13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been posted...
But no team EVER has made it to the cup finals after playing two game 7's in one playoff. EVER.
Habs vs. Hawks finals??

theschwab13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:51 PM
  #575
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,940
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by theschwab13 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted...
But no team EVER has made it to the cup finals after playing two game 7's in one playoff. EVER.
Habs vs. Hawks finals??
Technically, for the Habs to make the finals they'd have to win 2 straight game 7s.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.