HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next two forward Rangers prospect to stick

Old
03-20-2007, 04:29 PM
pyattrocks*

vCash: 500
Next two forward Rangers prospect to stick

I think even more than Dubinsky or Dawes I would have to go with Korpikoski and Pyatt. If Renney sticks as coach these two guys fit the exact type of player he loves. He loved Pyatt at the start of the year. He is a complete player and can kill penalties.. They love Korpikoski. He works so hard, skates well and can play defense and kill penalties as well. To me these are Renney types of players.

pyattrocks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Nich

1 to 2 years away.......korpedo needs time to develop his offense, and pyatt still hasn't played in the pros....so please learn patience....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
shoothepuck

Tom hasn't shown much inkling to use youth, unless he's forced into it.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
I still say you're wrong.

They gave Callahan and Dubinsky time in the AHL. They progressed. Then Shoenfeld said, now do it again, only this time the opposition will be targeting you, and they learned how to play under those conditions. And thats not even a full season of what they could/should be learning.

I'm not sure why people dont get that even when a player is playing well in the minors, he still has ALOT to learn, especially in his first pro year. We've been hurt bad by injuries and are forced to call up kids who are still learning. The fact that they have played well is a testament to the process.

Look at our results so far, they don't lie.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
eco's bones

It is possible that Korpikoski could make the team out of training camp. The question then would be where would he fit in? At present he would seem to slot into a 3rd and or 4th line wing getting average game time somewhere between 8 to 12 minutes and being used primarily as a checker energy player. I'm not sure that would be the best way for him to reach his total potential but it might not hurt him either. That will be a coaching/organizational decision. As for Pyatt I like him a lot but think he's almost certainly going to start next season in Hartford.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Nich

korpedo has the puck control down...he needs to break out those offensive skills...that won't happen playing 12 minutes a game with the likes of orts or someone like that....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
nyr7andcounting

Eventually I think Korpikoski, Callahan, and Dubinsky are the best bets to play at least a couple years in an NYR uni. Tough to pick just two of them. But they are the best and the closest to the NHL.

Staal would be next.

And Montoya but I think he'll be traded or still be in the AHL at this time next year.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

They gave Callahan and Dubinsky time in the AHL. They progressed. Then Shoenfeld said, now do it again, only this time the opposition will be targeting you, and they learned how to play under those conditions. And thats not even a full season of what they could/should be learning.

I'm not sure why people dont get that even when a player is playing well in the minors, he still has ALOT to learn, especially in his first pro year. We've been hurt bad by injuries and are forced to call up kids who are still learning. The fact that they have played well is a testament to the process.

I would agree with both you and Pyatt. I would say that when Renney finds a player he likes, he uses him. Lundquist, Betts, Hollweg, Hossa and Girardi are examples. Prucha to a lesser extent. All the prospects in our system are for the most part at the begining of their professional development, having recently concluded junior development. Big difference between the two.

But of all these prospects I would have to say that Pyatt stands out as a type of player the Rangers seem to be targeting in their draft strategy. He could wind up playing on every line for the Rangers at some point in the future. He was the #1 center for Canada at the WJC. When I watch him, he's one of the more relentless players I've ever seen. Constantly moving with very good skating ability. He gives his opponents little time or space to operate and he can make plays with the puck when he gets it. He gets his nose dirty and has a good level of grit. Not that he's a fighter, but he is absolutely a battler for the puck. He is the kind of guy I could see driving Sydney crazy in a year or less. One of the big reasons we could easily justify trading for Avery.

Many have said it and I'll repeat it. This guy was a steal.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Richter35

i have a strong feeling montoya will be brought in to back up lundy next year to see if hes the real deal - if weekes returns i think that would be a big mistake. as for forwards sticking, i think callahan may be a regular next year if he keeps this level of play up, prob on the 3rd line.. dubinsky is still a year away. in fact i see staal becoming a regular before he does, we need a solid anchor on the blueline while i feel that the rangers will look toward signing an FA center this summer, putting dubinsky's full time arrival after the departure of nylander. thats if anisimov doesnt get ahead of him by that point.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
ihatenewjersey

i have a friend who works for the saginaw spirit and says pyatt is doing great. which is good news for all of us.....

here is an article he wrote

http://www.saginawspirit.com/ss/home...25729D0002527F

Last edited by ihatenewjersey: 03-20-2007 at 06:09 PM.
ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting View Post
Eventually I think Korpikoski, Callahan, and Dubinsky are the best bets to play at least a couple years in an NYR uni. Tough to pick just two of them. But they are the best and the closest to the NHL.

Staal would be next.

And Montoya but I think he'll be traded or still be in the AHL at this time next year.
Staal will be next, I think.

But don't count out Korpikoski. To be honest, skill wise I think he would do better then Callahan in the role he is now, Lauri is faster then Ryan, a bit bigger, and got great intensity.

But I everyone in the organization acknowledge how big it would be if Koprikoski could really get gooing offensivly, and the best bet for that to happend is probably in the AHL.

Lauri have again been streaky this season, I thought he would be able to keep up the hotstreak he had there for awhile in the AHL, but he have cooled down some again.

Though, I wouldn't at all be suprised if it comes soon, he is just so good in the AHL, he just needs to be more consistant.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
i have a strong feeling montoya will be brought in to back up lundy next year to see if hes the real deal - if weekes returns i think that would be a big mistake. as for forwards sticking, i think callahan may be a regular next year if he keeps this level of play up, prob on the 3rd line.. dubinsky is still a year away. in fact i see staal becoming a regular before he does, we need a solid anchor on the blueline while i feel that the rangers will look toward signing an FA center this summer, putting dubinsky's full time arrival after the departure of nylander. thats if anisimov doesnt get ahead of him by that point.
Yeah, though I wonder how many games its ideal to use Lundqvist in. Especially if we start to struggle.

I mean, having Montoya here won't be great if Lundqvist have to play 65 games...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

very well said...couldn't have said it better myself ...

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

but they also cut Prucha's ice time when things dont go well. When Orr gets more ice time than Prucha in a game where there was not alot of fights. something is wrong.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
NYROrtsFan

Orr got ice time because he was a part of a line that shut down the Crosby line... That is the only reason. And VERY legitimate considering they have shut down every top line they've faced without taking many penalties at all. Outside of the bogus ones they seem to call on Hollweg.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I think the reason the Korpedo hasn't been one of the call-ups has more to do with the Rangers actually have a development strategy their 1st-round draft pick (shock! horror! surprise!) than because they feel he can't play 4th-line minutes in the NHL.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
eco's bones

There's Staal but actually I'm thinking Baranka is very close also. Montoya should be the backup next year. Girardi for sure. We might be a younger team again next year. A number of guys turning pro are very intriguing. Pyatt, Russell, Dupont, Sauer are all guys I'm really excited about.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
You know, in all honsetly, How much abuse is Renney ging to take, Young player are prospects unless they the sure fire can't miss like Malkin, Crosby ETC.....
Most young players develop in the minors and when they get an opening because of a veteran getting hurt they get there shot to prove themselves to try & stick around.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
There's Staal but actually I'm thinking Baranka is very close also. Montoya should be the backup next year. Girardi for sure. We might be a younger team again next year. A number of guys turning pro are very intriguing. Pyatt, Russell, Dupont, Sauer are all guys I'm really excited about.

The guy I wanna see up for a hard look is sangunettei.
whats his status?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Dawes and Jessiman

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:05 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
The guy I wanna see up for a hard look is sangunettei.
whats his status?
well he is eligiable (because his junior team was eliminzted) play with either the pack or rangers right now, but seeing as he's one of the rawest prospects in the organization I doubt they've even considered bringing him up to broadway (and why should they?) He might get signed to an a temp contract in hartford, but I wouldn't wager anything beyond that.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Dawes and Jessiman
Dawes possibly, but there are a lot of guys closer to the big club than Jessiman at the moment.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:50 PM
nickrOck

the more important question is if any of our youngsters make the team outta camp who's spot are they taking..

we have isbister (doubt he comes back), ortmeyer, shanny and strudwick (doubt he comes back aswell) as UFA's.

we have avery, hollweg, hossa, rachunek, orr, pock as RFA's.

out of the above, i can only really see a possibility of 3 players not being here if pock is not retained along with strudwick and isbister.

we have weekes as a ufa so unless he comes back super cheap he's more then likely not coming back. and if they give him anywhere near what he made the last 2 years they're nuts.! so maybe montoya comes up as a backup (kinda doubt it) maybe valliquette stays (eehh not sure on that one)..

that is not calculating the possibility of off season trades and such..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:45 AM
True Blue

Stick when? In two years?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote