HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Orr, Dolan, Renney and Sather

Old
03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Orr, Dolan, Renney and Sather

Quote:
Both Gagne and Upshall scored in that 5-3 Flyers win on Feb. 17, which was notable not only for the Shanahan injury, but the cheap and rough shots that some Flyers (Fedoruk, Eager, Richards, Picard) laid on Rangers starting soon after the puck dropped.

So Colton Orr, who did not dress that game, surely will tomorrow.

After that game, Garden chairman James Dolan apparently blew a gasket and lambasted both GM Glen Sather and coach Tom Renney for not dressing Orr, according to two persons familiar with the issue. "He said, 'What the bleep is going on here?'' according to one person who asked not to be identified.

Since then, Orr has played in all 15 games.
-From Zipays blog

Found this kind of interesting. Didn't think Dolan got his nose dirty at all with this team?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Nich

wow, i a ma fan

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Even if he was right in this case, Dolan is still a

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-20-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I am surprised he knows who Orr is.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:25 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
He probably thinks Orr has a relation to Bobby Orr and thats why he needs to be in the line-up.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I'm not. I think he follows the team enough to have a discussion about them and at least know of all the players. It really wouldn't make sense otherwise.

And I agree with Dolan (as I think we all do) on this one. Orr should've been dressed and it was ludicrous that he wasn't.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
dank

probably asked that in reference to no cheesey fries, and coincedentally there was Orr in the lineup..

nothing big here..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Balej20*

I'm stunned. I didn't think he paid any attention to that "other" team in the Garden.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I'm stunned. I didn't think he paid any attention to that "other" team in the Garden.
I honestly think you'd be surprised with how much he knows about the team. There's no way he's as clueless as some of you guys think.

Old
03-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
-From Zipays blog

Found this kind of interesting. Didn't think Dolan got his nose dirty at all with this team?

I had no idea either. You almost never hear his name mentioned in that light with the team. Either way, thanks for posting Ola...love to see stuff like that.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I honestly think you'd be surprised with how much he knows about the team. There's no way he's as clueless as some of you guys think.
It's not that I think he's clueless...I just think he doesn't care.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Dolan just gained a Fan here. Mr Dolan thank you for noticing the kid needs to play and stand up for the team. I will repay you every month by over paying on my cable bill

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
It's not that I think he's clueless...I just think he doesn't care.
I don't think so. I think he cares. I think he's pissed that his team didn't make him any money in the last decade from the playoffs.

Old
03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
NYROrtsFan

Doesn't sound like Dolan to blast Sather... Especially in that manner. Dolan loves him. I honestly think Renney just seen what happened and is a smart guy... He learned his lesson. It made little sense to not have a guy like Orr in the lineup and the Rangers paid...

If the Flyers were fighting for a playoff spot, then i can understand it a bit more. But the Flyers dont care about that and have other motivations... When you play a team that doesnt have anything to lose and has a LOT of tough guys willing to goon it up, then you have to protect that.

Orr will play and we will see something completely different this time around. Fedoruk isnt willing to go running around knowing that Orr could end what is left of his face. There was no threat last time...

Orr beats anyone on that team in a fight easily and Orr usually makes guys pay in fights. They better be willing to take a heck of a shot.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Orr and Fedoruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Doesn't sound like Dolan to blast Sather... Especially in that manner. Dolan loves him. I honestly think Renney just seen what happened and is a smart guy... He learned his lesson. It made little sense to not have a guy like Orr in the lineup and the Rangers paid...

If the Flyers were fighting for a playoff spot, then i can understand it a bit more. But the Flyers dont care about that and have other motivations... When you play a team that doesnt have anything to lose and has a LOT of tough guys willing to goon it up, then you have to protect that.

Orr will play and we will see something completely different this time around. Fedoruk isnt willing to go running around knowing that Orr could end what is left of his face. There was no threat last time...

Orr beats anyone on that team in a fight easily and Orr usually makes guys pay in fights. They better be willing to take a heck of a shot.

I agree totally that Colton Orr has power in the right hand, but for Fridge...he's been doing the deed for a longer time at this level than Orr has. He is every nit of the fighter that Colton Orr is, so definately don't count that guy out of any fight. Even if he hasen't come back to form since the Boogard fight, Fedoruk is still one of the better fighters in the game, and he too has alot fo power in those hands. Either way, I would imagine if they are both intommorrow we'll get treated to a good one!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
NYROrtsFan

Fridge is pretty good. At times earlier in his career he looked like he could be very good. That said, Orr has big time power and broken plenty of other faces. Fridge has proven on a couple of occasions that he's prone to getting his face broke. After a couple times, that has to be on Fedoruk's mind.... His career at this point could be in jeopardy.

I agree though, good chance for some good fights.

Old
03-20-2007, 09:42 PM
E-Train

Fedoruk will not be pulling the same crap, don't think that nothing fighter Eager will either. Really wanted to see Liffiton take care of that punk.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 09:52 PM
frozenrubber

Wow...what a surprising, and frankly, misguided support of Dolan here.

It's simple, regardless of your opinion on Orr, or his effectiveness as a deterrent, I PRAY that Orr's inclusion in the lineup has NOTHING to do w/ Dolan's input.

While playing 15 straight games is probably more of a direct result of forward injuries, James Dolan is the last man I want having any say over the Rangers lineup.

Dolan's input on this and all Ranger teams should end w/ signing paychecks.

Should he have interest in the team? Yes. Be passionate about the team? Yes. Have a definitive call on signings, team play, lineups, lunch menus...ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I don't care about any hockey insight from James Dolan, no matter how popular the idea may be. James Dolan only job is to give Glen Sather (or whatever management team) the full resources of MSG/Cablevision to put together the best program. That's it.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
He's right about Orr having to be in there against Philly. Especially when they can throw 2 enforcers at you in Fedoruk and Eager. And you always have guys like Gauthier and Hatcher to worry about.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:20 PM
NYROrtsFan

With Hatcher and Gauthier, the best they can do is either lay some hits on them or lay hits on other Philly players... Thankfully we have guys like Hollweg, Avery, and whoever else for that.

Rangers are a much tougher team now because of all of the moves... Things will be much better off and they can physically handle anyone in the league in my opinion.

Old
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
kovalev27hf

you guys really think a guy who spends MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars on the NYR organization doesn't know who he's signing his paychecks too??!?! lol. you're surprised that he was PISSED when he either saw or heard about the flyers taking BLATANT RUNS and CHEAPSHOTS at his million dollar investments? the guy knows his business as big a moron as he is. i'm actually glad to hear it

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:36 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
-From Zipays blog

Funny even Dolan can see the obvious.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:59 PM
2Leetch_94

You aren't kidding about overpaying on your cable bill. Why thank you James, now all Ranger fans who have Cablevision can send out their cable bills with a smile on their face.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:12 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
He probably thinks Orr has a relation to Bobby Orr and thats why he needs to be in the line-up.
Winner. These were my thoughts.

Then he's going to follow it up with a "we're giving Glen ONE calendar year to 'right-the-ship' and if he doesn't, as much as I love the guy, he's going to be let go"

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:19 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I don't think so. I think he cares. I think he's pissed that his team didn't make him any money in the last decade from the playoffs.
I'm not trying to disagree with you Jon by anymeans but then why would he stand by and watch both the Knicks and Rangers suffer like they have?

In regards to the Knicks, I don't follow basketball all that much at all, but didn't Isiah just get an extension? That just blows my mind, as much as I follow basketball, I understand how big of a wreck they are.....what gives? (again honest question, not a sarcastic remark)

I understand him wanting his way as if they (the garden teams) are doing great so is he, so I'm not dumb to think he's completely clueless but he's never seemed that intuned with the Rangers org.

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote