HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doc Emerick Calling Ranger Games on VS

Old
03-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Doc Emerick Calling Ranger Games on VS

I just watched the replay of the game the other night. Does this guy loathe the Rangers or what? It's like he can barely stand saying anything truely complimentary about the NY Rangers team.

Thibeault makes spectacular SAVESSSS! while Lundqvist has pucks "rickochette" off him.

He GUSHES over the 22 first round draft picks playing on the Pens and barely mentions the fine play of Girardi, Pock, Callahan Dubinski etc.

I actually think he calls a great game when one of the teams is not The NY Rangers.

Is this just me or what?

03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I just watched the replay of the game the other night. Does this guy loathe the Rangers or what? It's like he can barely stand saying anything truely complimentary about the NY Rangers team.

Thibeault makes spectacular SAVESSSS! while Lundqvist has pucks "rickochette" off him.

He GUSHES over the 22 first round draft picks playing on the Pens and barely mentions the fine play of Girardi, Pock, Callahan Dubinski etc.

I actually think he calls a great game when one of the teams is not The NY Rangers.

Is this just me or what?
He hates the Rangers, no doubt. And I can't stand listening to games he calls. I have a headache by the end of the night.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
He hates the Rangers, no doubt. And I can't stand listening to games he calls. I have a headache by the end of the night.
You dont like waffleboards?

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Good, I hate him.

Blah and blah cancel out. SORRY THIS IS NOT MATH!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:13 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
The bias he clearly has is seriously annoying.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Cherepanov 71

I dont like when people pitchfork it in.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:15 AM
DontStaal

ooo i hate when he makes that "OH AND WHAT A SAVEEEE" b/s

seems like he's always about to blurt out "BY BRODEUR" after, but recollects himself

i know i'm hating, but it just makes me wanna

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
ooo i hate when he makes that "OH AND WHAT A SAVEEEE" b/s

seems like he's always about to blurt out "BY BRODEUR" after, but recollects himself
lol

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:27 AM
dank

partially i think we are all a lot more sensitive to his idiocy than usual since it is our team, however i can completely agree with the fact that he is a huge idiot..

i am not going to dig through the GDT but i must have commented more on his commentary than the game itself..

the only decent thing he said about the game/us was that he acknowledged when Gary Roberts dove saying, "he's selling it and it looks like they're buying"..

i might have also overreacted and said something along the lines of "i want to rip my ears off or his tongue out" because i couldn't bear to hear him any longer.

oh man does he suck..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the puck is waffleboarded away by lundqvist and pitchforked out of the zone by marek malik, hopped on over to marty who sends to gionta, gionta shovels it to parise who airmails the puck off of the paraphernalia of Thomas pock. pock skips the puck along the board to......

and then the gunshot was heard....inferno....is no more....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

This is, of course, the period of the long change... now with 137 seconds remaining in the third stanza...

paraphernalia is the other great one, but it was already mentioned..

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
the puck is waffleboarded away by lundqvist and pitchforked out of the zone by marek malik, hopped on over to marty who sends to gionta, gionta shovels it to parise who airmails the puck off of the paraphernalia of Thomas pock. pock skips the puck along the board to......

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Missionhockey

Its really a commentators job to be partial towards the home team, or the team that pxp announcer works for. Rosen does it, so does Rose, pretty much every pxp announcer is biased so its not exclusive to Emerick. I think its hard when you get into a routine for about 70 or so games and then have to be completely change your mindset. Give him a break.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Petemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey View Post
Its really a commentators job to be partial towards the home team, or the team that pxp announcer works for. Rosen does it, so does Rose, pretty much every pxp announcer is biased so its not exclusive to Emerick. I think its hard when you get into a routine for about 70 or so games and then have to be completely change your mindset. Give him a break.
yeah but there is a good and bad.

I compare Doc to the guys who do Chicago White Sox games, only not as bad as them.

HOLY **** I HATE THEM.

Doc is only bad sometimes, I find it funny to listen to him, so I don't mind.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

That reminds me of an annoucer this year who said "Thomas Pock, and he pokes it ahead."

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:56 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

And Zach Parise knives it over the half-boards along to Travis Zajac, who nudges it to Travis Zajac, and yes, there are two Travis Zajac's out on the ice, one obviously being the real one, the other being an imposter with Travis Zajac paraphanelia on. One of the Zajac has just gotten into a sparring match with Rootin' Tootin' Gunslingin' Yosimite Sam, while Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck have teamed up to beat Sergei Brylin with a mallot. And while of all this is happening, the 800 pound gorilla in the room has just told me to inquire about an investment plan, but hey, he's just the 800 pound gorilla in the room, what does he know? And now it seems my announcer's table has been pitchforked along after it was completely destroyed by the Dudley Boyz who 3D'ed Patrik Elias through it, and while all of this is happening, Chico has enlodged his head in Marty Brodeur's ass, and is having a world of trouble in attempting to remove it. I'm fine, Doc! No trouble here! Sure thing, Chico. And back to the play where a Mack Truck has gotten loose on the ice and has just flattened Cam Janssen. I guess Tomas Kaberle had something to do with this, but no, that truck is being driven by none other than Enrico Ciccone, and now Tony Twist has pulled him out of the truck, and they have ensued in fisticuffs, and there is pandemonium here at Continental.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:03 AM
schoenfeld
2 Way Contract

Please, us Metro area fans are blessed to have 3 good PXP guys (Nosen, Doc and Rose). If you think Emrick, one of the if not the best PXP guys in the buisness is a horrible commentator, you've never heard any of the idiots from Pittsburgh or the NESN guys.

schoenfeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

This was a VS game and technically the Rangers were the HOME team. I get that he's their guy but it's so obvious he has is NOT a Ranger fan and he GUSHED over the Pens.

Who was the commentator? I sure hope that guy works for Baaston

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:05 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
Please, us Metro area fans are blessed to have 3 good PXP guys (Nosen, Doc and Rose). If you think Emrick, one of the if not the best PXP guys in the buisness is a horrible commentator, you've never heard any of the idiots from Pittsburgh or the NESN guys.
I think this is an accurate post. NESN and Pittsburgh have probably two of the worst crews I have ever heard, and the metro teams have 3 of the best.

I'd rank 'em:

- Howie
- Sam
- Doc

With Jeanneret a clear #1

Old
03-21-2007, 01:06 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
This was a VS game and technically the Rangers were the HOME team. I get that he's their guy but it's so obvious he has is NOT a Ranger fan and he GUSHED over the Pens.

That's Andy Brinkley (Brickley?), who must feel lost without Jack Edwards

Old
03-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:

Oh please, I watched the same game and while he might not be a fan, he wasn't biased against the Rangers either. Fans from teams just have to realize the world isn't taylor made for their team.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Emerick can get annoying but he is a great announcer in my opinion. The other night I was watching the Pens/Senators game on center ice and during the shootout I think it was Vermette who missed the net to end the game and the pens announcer goes "and hes robbed by Fluery". When one is robbed doesnt the puck have to hit the goaltender? Morons.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Pizza

Quote:

Is this just me or what?
NO!!

You would swear he's the home announcer for any team the Rangers are playing. His biased comments are too numerous to even hope to keep track of. My dream is that he announces the game on VS where the Rangers eliminate the Devils from the playoffs. That would be too sweet.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
i honestly dont give a crap about his bias, i mean honestly i dont care about it, but what bugs me to no end is his use of those words previously mentioned, waffleboarded, and pitchforking, i mean, this is hockey, were not at a barn raising....everytime i hear Emerick speak it reminds me of this speech:

Last edited by Inferno: 03-21-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
mucker*

How can you Emerick's biased?

I've never seen or heard anything to suggest, he's as fair as they come and one of the best in sports.

The commentator, Brickly, he's a chowderhead from Boston, he clearly hates New York as does Edwards.

Everyone agree NESN's are some of the worst announcers?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote