HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2014, 03:06 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
I would like to play some pickup basketball with some of these guys in my driveway so I can assess them myself...by the way this is sarcasm.

Old
05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
How much would it take to move up from 3 to 1? Thad, a couple second round picks?
For example, say Cleveland likes two players equally and could get one of them at #3 and pick up Thad, I think they would do it. It's hard to say because trades at the top are rare.

In 1993 it cost the Warriors 3 first round picks to swap their #3 pick with the Magic's #1 pick. However, Webber was a better prospect than anyone in this class, and there was no debate he was the best prospect in his class, so the price for the Sixers wouldn't be as steep.

IMO, I'm fine with choosing between two of Exum/Embiid/Wigigins/Parker at #3. All of them have flaws but ultimately they all have perennial all-star potential. It would be hard to mess this draft up.

Old
05-24-2014, 12:16 PM
FLYguy3911

Embiid Workout video. Unreal. Anyone who generalizes this guy as a project hasn't seen him play. So Smooth.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

One of the Cavs or the Bucks will take Embiid. Book it. That work-out video is very impressive.

So it's either Wiggins or Parker for us.

Old
05-25-2014, 04:33 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
One of the Cavs or the Bucks will take Embiid. Book it. That work-out video is very impressive.

So it's either Wiggins or Parker for us.
Probably Parker, but I don't if we are basing our judgements off of a work-out video Parker was pretty impressive too.

Old
05-29-2014, 09:45 AM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Parker..the next Shawn Bradley?

I'm scared.....

Last mormon was a bust...

Quote:
IF YOU DON'T think Jabari Parker was destined for stardom, just go back to when he got his first five college scholarship offers for basketball. At the time, Parker was a 6-1 guard. In the fifth grade.

Always ahead of his time on the basketball court, Parker has proven to be that way in many other areas also. He is a devout Mormon and a faithful son. And come June 26, he may be a Philadelphia 76er.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...SXthKDjME1J.99

Old
05-29-2014, 09:57 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

A guy like that in Utah would be a huge draw.

Old
05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
I'm scared.....

Last mormon was a bust...
Who was the last Mormon? I can't even think of one

Old
05-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Who was the last Mormon? I can't even think of one

Old
05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I remember when he was drafted they showed footage of him playing baseball to show what an athlete he was.....

Unfortunately this is what we had to experience

Old
05-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Insulin

Jeff Goodman from ESPN just posted a mock based on what he has heard from executives and his other sources in the league. This is what he thinks the teams are going to do based on what he has heard so far, NOT what he would do.

1.) Cleveland-Embiid if they like what they see with his back/medicals
2.) Milwaukee-Parker because he is more NBA ready
3.) Philadelphia-Wiggins
10.) Philadelphia-Staukas because he's a shooter

Old
05-29-2014, 04:40 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Embiid or Wiggins? KU coach Bill Self discusses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
Jeff Goodman from ESPN just posted a mock based on what he has heard from executives and his other sources in the league. This is what he thinks the teams are going to do based on what he has heard so far, NOT what he would do.

3.) Philadelphia-Wiggins
So confusing!

Quote:
"Never had a better kid here. Never had a more polite kid. Never had a better teammate. A really sweet kid," Self said. "Sometimes too nice. We would have liked to have seen maybe some of that alpha dog in him more often. We did see it at times but not consistently like he could have."

Wiggins averaged 17.1 points a game last season but didn't erupt until Embiid was sidelined. He scored 41 points against West Virginia and 30 against Oklahoma State in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. But in the NCAA tournament loss to Stanford, Wiggins scored only four points on 1-for-6 shooting.

Remember, Wiggins doesn't turn 20 until next February. So he has time to develop into The Man -- assuming developing that trait is possible.

"I think it's good to have it in you, without question," Self said. "But I do think it can be improved on."

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...self-discusses

Old
05-29-2014, 04:47 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:

3.) Philadelphia-Wiggins
I like Nik Stauskas. I think the way he not only shoots but passes well could do well as a SG.

Noel
Wiggins
Young
Stauskas
MCW

Dont know if we would win a ton of games this year, but should in a few years.

BUT this is a Philly team. Stuff I want happening never happens.

Old
05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

3.) Philadelphia-Wiggins
I hate putting stock into these things. The draft is still a month away.

Old
05-30-2014, 03:26 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I like Nik Stauskas. I think the way he not only shoots but passes well could do well as a SG.

Noel
Wiggins
Young
Stauskas
MCW

Dont know if we would win a ton of games this year, but should in a few years.

BUT this is a Philly team. Stuff I want happening never happens.
I'd rather have Gary Harris at 10. Stauskas is definitely useful but he seems more like someone that you want coming off the bench to provide offense and spacing. Harris on the other hand does a lot of things well including shoot 3's and play good defense, he's just a little undersized and doesn't have a particular standout skill like Stauskas does with his shooting. Harris I could see being a solid starter and with the state the Sixers are in now I think you need to start building on some starting pieces before looking at rotational guys.

If the Sixers are lucky enough to have Wiggins fall to them I wouldn't hate it if they took McDermott at 10 either. Guy knows how to shoot and having a big man that can stretch the floor will be critical with MCW and Noel (and Wiggins for that matter) both liabilities when it comes to shooting.

Old
05-30-2014, 08:21 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I'd rather have Gary Harris at 10. Stauskas is definitely useful but he seems more like someone that you want coming off the bench to provide offense and spacing. Harris on the other hand does a lot of things well including shoot 3's and play good defense, he's just a little undersized and doesn't have a particular standout skill like Stauskas does with his shooting. Harris I could see being a solid starter and with the state the Sixers are in now I think you need to start building on some starting pieces before looking at rotational guys.

If the Sixers are lucky enough to have Wiggins fall to them I wouldn't hate it if they took McDermott at 10 either. Guy knows how to shoot and having a big man that can stretch the floor will be critical with MCW and Noel (and Wiggins for that matter) both liabilities when it comes to shooting.
I think you're underselling Stauskas a bit. He improved so much this season. His ball handling made him more than just a role player, so much so that there have been talks of him playing some point at the next level. He's a shade under 6'7 and he's starting to grow into his body as he matures. He's not great on the defensive end now, but he's a decent enough athlete that he should be able to use his size well enough to defend a second tier wing.

Harris is a solid prospect, but I would be kind of disappointed if he were the pick at 10. Not much upside. He just doesn't seem like a Hinkie guy. The measurements at the combine are going to hurt his stock a bit. He's a good defender, but you wonder how good he will be at the next level without great length. He looks like a guy that would be better suited guarding point guards rather than wing players. Streaky shooter. Good not great athlete.

If you can get a good feel on his commitment of playing in the NBA, Saric would be a hard guy to pass up for me. That kid has a lot of tools to work with. Smart, 6'10, plays like a point guard, improving shot. I think he would complement Noel so well. Even if you have to stash him in Europe for a year it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Old
05-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
I remember when he was drafted they showed footage of him playing baseball to show what an athlete he was.....

Unfortunately this is what we had to experience

nothing beat this. I was at this game and the whole place was screaming "eddie eddie" all game in his first game in philly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmqGQ93qW-U&feature=kp

Old
05-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I hate putting stock into these things. The draft is still a month away.

i think the top 2 picks are already set.

Old
05-30-2014, 09:22 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Am I the only one who wants Parker?

Old
05-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i didn't at first but after seeing that workout and seeing his measurements yeah i want him. Gonna be a great half court scorer

Old
05-30-2014, 09:47 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
No. But Wiggins does fit the system we use better than Parker. From our perspective it makes sense to choose the player with higher potential, and that would be Wiggins. Either one of them and I will be happy.

Old
05-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
No. But Wiggins does fit the system we use better than Parker. From our perspective it makes sense to choose the player with higher potential, and that would be Wiggins. Either one of them and I will be happy.
do you think the sixers would not sign lebron cause he doesn't fit the system? THe players make the system not the coaches.

Old
05-30-2014, 09:52 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
i think the top 2 picks are already set.
I don't. The last two times Cleveland had the first pick, no one knew who they were going to take until the night of the draft (and last year when Stern announced it at the podium). I could see Milwaukee going with any of the top 4 guys really (and if you believe Ford, Exum IS in the conversation). I want Wiggins but its a little early to be penciling him into lineups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
i didn't at first but after seeing that workout and seeing his measurements yeah i want him. Gonna be a great half court scorer
That 2 minute workout video that was edited and put out by his agent swayed your opinion of him? I know he can score against air, but I have serious questions about his defense. He's a tweener on the defensive end. There's also questions of his ability to play against NBA caliber defense (Syracuse ate him up). I don't really worry about his weight, Brett Brown will get him into shape. I'm not a Jabari hater, I just prefer the other 3 guys. I'll take a chance on the upside.

Old
05-30-2014, 09:53 PM
RussianRocket10

Looking like it's possibly a Spurs vs Heat final to the surprise of........nobody

Old
05-30-2014, 09:58 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Looking like it's possibly a Spurs vs Heat final to the surprise of........nobody
Cake walk for Miami. I think OKC forces game 7, but I can easily see San Antonio taking Miami this year.

Closed Thread