HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doc Emerick Calling Ranger Games on VS

Old
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I dont think thats disputable, but he carries the Devils chip-on-the-shoulder for the Rangers too. Maybe he was in awe of being at a home game where all the seats were full.
Nah, I doubt that, he has seen a bigger house fulll with 19,040 for many playoffs games at CAA, including 2 Cup clinchers. That is 840 more people.

So I think him being neutral is unknown to you, since Sam Rosen is hands down a NYR cheerleader. Just my thoughts.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
And Zach Parise knives it over the half-boards along to Travis Zajac, who nudges it to Travis Zajac, and yes, there are two Travis Zajac's out on the ice, one obviously being the real one, the other being an imposter with Travis Zajac paraphanelia on. One of the Zajac has just gotten into a sparring match with Rootin' Tootin' Gunslingin' Yosimite Sam, while Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck have teamed up to beat Sergei Brylin with a mallot. And while of all this is happening, the 800 pound gorilla in the room has just told me to inquire about an investment plan, but hey, he's just the 800 pound gorilla in the room, what does he know? And now it seems my announcer's table has been pitchforked along after it was completely destroyed by the Dudley Boyz who 3D'ed Patrik Elias through it, and while all of this is happening, Chico has enlodged his head in Marty Brodeur's ass, and is having a world of trouble in attempting to remove it. I'm fine, Doc! No trouble here! Sure thing, Chico. And back to the play where a Mack Truck has gotten loose on the ice and has just flattened Cam Janssen. I guess Tomas Kaberle had something to do with this, but no, that truck is being driven by none other than Enrico Ciccone, and now Tony Twist has pulled him out of the truck, and they have ensued in fisticuffs, and there is pandemonium here at Continental.

Ahaha, one of the best posts ever.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Doc is great and his story telling is fantastic. Most of the time when the Devils play the Rangers I watch the Devils feed to hear the honesty and not the cover ups
You sure your a Rangers fan?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
And Zach Parise knives it over the half-boards along to Travis Zajac, who nudges it to Travis Zajac, and yes, there are two Travis Zajac's out on the ice, one obviously being the real one, the other being an imposter with Travis Zajac paraphanelia on. One of the Zajac has just gotten into a sparring match with Rootin' Tootin' Gunslingin' Yosimite Sam, while Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck have teamed up to beat Sergei Brylin with a mallot. And while of all this is happening, the 800 pound gorilla in the room has just told me to inquire about an investment plan, but hey, he's just the 800 pound gorilla in the room, what does he know? And now it seems my announcer's table has been pitchforked along after it was completely destroyed by the Dudley Boyz who 3D'ed Patrik Elias through it, and while all of this is happening, Chico has enlodged his head in Marty Brodeur's ass, and is having a world of trouble in attempting to remove it. I'm fine, Doc! No trouble here! Sure thing, Chico. And back to the play where a Mack Truck has gotten loose on the ice and has just flattened Cam Janssen. I guess Tomas Kaberle had something to do with this, but no, that truck is being driven by none other than Enrico Ciccone, and now Tony Twist has pulled him out of the truck, and they have ensued in fisticuffs, and there is pandemonium here at Continental.
lol thats great...

The only thing you left out was how EXCITED Doc was that his last name Falls between A-M and he can make that call first thing in the morning.

03-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Shadowtron

The only thing that irritates me about Doc is how overboard he gets whenever Marty B. does something, anything.

"Woooooooooooooooooooooow WHAT A SIP BY MARTAN BRODOOOOOOOOOOR!!! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANOTHER ATHLETE SIP FROM A JUICE BOX THE WAY MARTAN BRODEUR HAS DONE RIGHT NOW? WOW! UNBELIEVABLE. I don't think there's ever been a better human being in the history of the human race than Martan Brodeur. He just does it all. Hats off to you, Marty!"

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsOwnYou View Post
Nah, I doubt that, he has seen a bigger house fulll with 19,040 for many playoffs games at CAA, including 2 Cup clinchers. That is 840 more people.
Well thats likely the seed of his , as with all disgruntled Ranger hating Devils fans, misguided pissiness for the NY RANGERS.

Rangers get more attention losing than the NJ Devils ever did winning. I know I know...blah blah blah ...we won more cups... yadda yadda yadda...winnings all that counts blah blah blah... Lou Lamarillo...yadda yadda yadda

Docs biased against the Rangers comes from somewhere. What he just doesnt like their sweaters?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:23 AM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
With Jeanneret a clear #1
I would take Doc over Jeanneret any day of the week. We have to watch the ranger sabre games on mute when I am at college. He is just terrible. Some crap about a cookies give me a break.

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
That was Therrien himself, who asked the PxP guys to change his pronunciation to Michael instead of Michel.
Good thing he isn't in Montreal any more then.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I think that his voice lends to the call. To me it's the package, voice, the milkyness of it, and the actual call itself.

I guess I'm alone in that, but that's OK. I enjoy it and wish our PXP guys would show a bit more emotion when good things happen.

Not sure who it was, but the guy who called the Malik goal in the shoot-out last year I thought did an absolutly great job because he conveyed exactly how I felt when I saw the goal.

I want the PXP guys to show excitement and be different in how they do it as opposed to the Vancouver guy that simply puts a total damper on things when a goal is scored all you hear is "score" simple and bland and boring and I'm like "what's the point in watching this if no one is excited that the team just scored"

It's like the Yankees Radio announcer with his home-run call. I want to feel the excitement coming from the TV. For me it helps the experience.
please tell me youre talking about JD and not Mike Crispino...

Mike is right up there with Al and Stan as 2 of the most annoying tv personalities in the world. Mike is the epitomy of a guy who doesnt know anything about hockey trying to do play by play with someone who does, and looking like a jackass. seriously, did you see the shootout? one of the caps shooters shot the puck and henrik made a kick save to his right, Crispino said it hit the crossbar, another shooter Crispino swore Henrik made a spectacular save, but the shooter shanked a shot well wide.

Crispino then squeals like a little girl when the goal is scored...i mean, come on, at least squeal like a little boy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Funny how Versus and NBC disagrees with all you.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Oh no's! Personal opinion is once again thwarted by television! I guess I better listen up the next time a sports broadcast tells me what I should and shouldn't like.

Seriously, Emerick is good in the overall scheme of things. Better than most, and that's why he is tapped to do these nationally televised broadcasts. That, and his fairly unique way of calling games.

That doesn't mean that everyone has to think he's the greatest thing ever and enjoy how he calls the game. I think he's alright, but some of the things he does annoy me and he's not my favorite play by play guy.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
You must really like Clement, Jones and Engblom.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't care for some of is Doc-isms and I think he gets a bit too excited about routine plays but I don't think he showed any anti-Ranger sentiment.

And for the most part I think he does a good job at keeping any Devil homerism in check when he does games on FSNY. Which is good because Chico has plenty of that.
Good assessment.

"Knifed"?
"Pitchforked"?
"Ladled"?
"Waffleboard"?

He just needs to eat more before games.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I think that guy NBC Pierre 'between the boards' aside from being a dumb@#$ has the most annoying voice of any human being ever.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
When Doc gets excited and strings 15 words together at once, I want to punch babies....

Crispino is equally as annoying, knowing nothing about the game...

They guy who called the Pen's game on the radio annoyed the hell out of me... after Crosby scored he goes "OOOO YOU ANT NOTHING BUT A HOUND DOG, SYDNEY CROSBY WITH A GOAL!!"

W T F is THAT!!!

Seriously, give me Gary Thore and Bill Clement back any day of the week...

I would tell you about how good Sam and JD are, but that would bring my OBVIOUS ranger bias in to the picture and overshadow the fact that I work in TV for a living and listen to on air talent talk all the freaking time....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Jackson Ranger

Put me down in favor of Emerick. I think it's refreshing to hear someone with a unique way of calling a game. I just wonder if he spends all afternoon thinking of all of these lines (how about, "feathers a pass across...").

Also, as far as homers, the worst announcers I ever heard were Gene Hart and I believe Don Earl??? I believe before every period started, Earl would say, "Let's go Flyers and let's go Gene Hart". Talk about openly rooting for the team you're covering?!!

Anyway, Gene Hart was also bad. I mean Bobby Clarke could slash a guys arm off but if they didn't call a penalty when Bill Barber took a dive Greg Louganis would be proud of, he ripped into the refs.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:34 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
If anybody makes me want to yack it's the color commentators: Chico, Jaffe and Micheletti. I know it is their jobs since they work for the team, but all three put such a spin on it for their respective clubs.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
JamesG1221

LOL I got news for everyone. While he may be the most entertaining PxP guy I've ever heard there is only one man who gets a little too hyper over the home team and he's right on the other side of this link..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JEfbyrKnKc0

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
LOL I got news for everyone. While he may be the most entertaining PxP guy I've ever heard there is only one man who gets a little too hyper over the home team and he's right on the other side of this link..

It's like hearing a train wreck, ten times over and over. I don't care how passionate he is, his voice is about annoying and high as they come

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

Quote:
tis the season fa-la-la-la-la-lafontaine

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
As I see it, Emerick's intensity has always been a waste on meaningless, Sunday afternoon games.

However, I cannot think of a better play-by-play announcer with a minute to go in a 1 goal game. Once Doc's delivery actually mirrors the competitiveness of a game, he's fantastic.

But since the season is 82 games long and many of them are absolute stinkers, it's easy to develop an animosity towards Doc Emerick's voice and find it grating.
Emrick during the Stanly Cup Finals last year was absolutely tremendous. Some of the best announcing work I've ever heard.

I absolutely love Emrick... his excitement is incredible. He throws the game in your face, and I love that.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsOwnYou View Post
So I think him being neutral is unknown to you, since Sam Rosen is hands down a NYR cheerleader. Just my thoughts.
If you think Sam is a "hands down NYR cheerleader", then, Chico is undoubtedly a devoted $2.00 ***** who spends his every waking moment, with knee pads, on his knees for Marty and the Devils in general.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
If you think Sam is a "hands down NYR cheerleader", then, Chico is undoubtedly a devoted $2.00 ***** who spends his every waking moment, with knee pads, on his knees for Marty and the Devils in general.
HAHAHAHA yea thats so true.

Name one other color commentator that marvels about how beautiful it is watching Marty , or any goaltender, drink from a water bottle....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

This is why I love Rick Jeanneret...

"AND THIS ONE IS GOING BACK TO WHERE JIMMY HOFFA IS!"

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
I absolutely love Emrick... his excitement is incredible. He throws the game in your face, and I love that.
That is exactly why I DON'T like him. He talks too much, he almost tires me out and makes the game less relaxing. Some of his calls and excitement are great, but a lot of the time he just sounds too busy if that's the right word to use.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote