HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2014, 05:06 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
I dont think anyone has recieved a shipping confirmation yet...Only a purchase order confirmation from NHL.com

They should limit the orders to about 2 per customer if they want to get it out to as many people as possible rather then first come,first served...If someone buys 10x jerseys only to resell and they get it over someone like me who got a personal custom jersey and a Henrik one...That would be a poor decision.

I will email them saying I will never do business with them again if I dont get the jersey

Old
06-01-2014, 05:15 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Did anyone respond to the customer care email this morning? And did they respond back?

Old
06-01-2014, 05:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Except again, let's be honest, with the original prices/profit margin on these things it would benefit the NHL to honor a lot of these orders anyway. Think about how many people wouldn't have bought these jerseys without the reduced price. The NHL still makes a considerable amount of money here, and then can sell them at a normal price from here out. I know for a fact my brother and I wouldn't have bought jerseys if they weren't up for $70. I'm sure there's so many other people who feel the same way. Simple economics brother.

Plus, by setting a precedent and sending out $13 jerseys to Islanders fans, how are you NOT going to follow it up and do the same when the mistake happens again but for a more popular team?

I'm sure resident lawyer Jonathan could confirm/deny this, but aren't there also potential legal issues in a company setting a price, confirming the order, and then not sending out said orders?
They are not obligated to fill any order. End of story. That said, they have to manage their image and honoring a mistake is never bad in that department.

Old
06-01-2014, 05:41 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
I'm sure resident lawyer Jonathan could confirm/deny this, but aren't there also potential legal issues in a company setting a price, confirming the order, and then not sending out said orders?
I'm only about to start my third year of law school, but no, there is nothing illegal because most of these sites have small print either on the site, or on the check-out e-mail concerning mistaken pricing or "while supplies last."

That would pretty much cover their ass. But if I remember correctly from my first year contracts class there are also other legal stuff that they could use to weasel their way around the issue, I forget what it's called though but most advertising isn't a binding contract that you could enforce in court. Websites with an item and a price, I am pretty sure, is considered such an ad.

This post has reminded me how much studying for the bar is gonna suck next year, thank god the rangers decided to make their run this summer.

Old
06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
BlessThisMess11

3. Accuracy of Information. FRGN attempts to include information in the Web Site that is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information in the Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to whether any information in the Web Site is complete, accurate or current. For example, products included in the Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated in the Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.

https://help-nhl.custhelp.com/app/an...etail/a_id/305

Old
06-01-2014, 05:54 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

ALL THE SPECULATION! We won't know anything soild until Tuesday.

Old
06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
NewYorkRanger

How do the new reebok jerseys fit compare to the old CCM ones from 10 years ago? Same sizing? I just measured my old Gretzky, and it is larger than the measurements for a Reebok small??

Old
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
BleedinBLUEsince92

Anyone know where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis?

Old
06-01-2014, 06:31 PM
LORENZO

Wow, I go away for the weekend and come back to this chaos, feel like I've missed out on a bargain, although looks like not everyone will be receiving their jerseys.

Old
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Never got the e-mail about orders being cancelled... hoping mine went through!

Old
06-01-2014, 07:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Never got the e-mail about orders being cancelled... hoping mine went through!
The orders weren't cancelled. lol

Old
06-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The orders weren't cancelled. lol
Didnt see the e-mails some got from nhl.com?

Old
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Didnt see the e-mails some got from nhl.com?
Yeah, I expect everyone will get theirs.

Old
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Yeah, I expect everyone will get theirs.
Hope so, but it does not seem like they will send all of them out.
Anyways, what i was trying to say was that i mever got that mail from them saying they will only honor the wrongly priced jerseys for merch in stock

Old
06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
I'm only about to start my third year of law school, but no, there is nothing illegal because most of these sites have small print either on the site, or on the check-out e-mail concerning mistaken pricing or "while supplies last."

That would pretty much cover their ass. But if I remember correctly from my first year contracts class there are also other legal stuff that they could use to weasel their way around the issue, I forget what it's called though but most advertising isn't a binding contract that you could enforce in court. Websites with an item and a price, I am pretty sure, is considered such an ad.

This post has reminded me how much studying for the bar is gonna suck next year, thank god the rangers decided to make their run this summer.
If you went to the NHL store and saw a price tag that said $63.33 and brought it the the register they could say sorry that's not right. If they ring you up, you pay, and leave, they're stuck. Online transactions are a little trickier. Many sites do have catch-alls that say while supplies last or not responsible for misprints. However, even absent that, if the price is clearly a mistake (as it was here), they can still get out of it. Bunch of contract law principals.

The bar isn't THAT bad (I took NY and NJ in 2011), but good luck. Don't be one of the people that goes insane studying.

Old
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
If you went to the NHL store and saw a price tag that said $63.33 and brought it the the register they could say sorry that's not right. If they ring you up, you pay, and leave, they're stuck. Online transactions are a little trickier. Many sites do have catch-alls that say while supplies last or not responsible for misprints. However, even absent that, if the price is clearly a mistake (as it was here), they can still get out of it. Bunch of contract law principals.

The bar isn't THAT bad (I took NY and NJ in 2011), but good luck. Don't be one of the people that goes insane studying.
Better to over study then to under study.

Old
06-01-2014, 09:37 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

According to Rovell, the NHL is only making $4 on every one of those $64 jerseys.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/with_replies

06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Supplies obviously lasted because they are on sale again but for three times the price

Old
06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
According to Rovell, the NHL is only making $4 on every one of those $64 jerseys.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/with_replies
He also said they're honoring all orders. Wish I had ordered 2.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:03 PM
gmerger37

He said they are honoring their entire inventory till they sell out or did I miss another tweet that said all orders will go through?

Old
06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
He said they are honoring their entire inventory till they sell out or did I miss another tweet that said all orders will go through?
Since the item is back in stock it's safe to say that all orders will be filled.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:10 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Since the item is back in stock it's safe to say that all orders will be filled.
Ahh gotcha. Thanks!

Old
06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Yeah I get my jerseys from sportsk, nhl.com jerseys are atrocious. Press on iron on crap. Sportsk they sew and stitch the jerseys. I paid 200 it'll be here in 2 weeks.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Teflon Sather View Post
Yeah I get my jerseys from sportsk, nhl.com jerseys are atrocious. Press on iron on crap. Sportsk they sew and stitch the jerseys. I paid 200 it'll be here in 2 weeks.
For 3 times the price it better be better. And you're still talking premiere. At that price point I pay up and go EDGE. But for a few Jacksons these will do just fine for kicking back in.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
mike14

Speaking of edge. Does anyone know anywhere that has rangers authentics in stock? Having a hard time finding any

Closed Thread