HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

View Poll Results: What will Tinordi become?
Top 2 6 3.37%
Top 4 58 32.58%
Top 6 89 50.00%
Scratch/Ahl player 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Something I've noticed about Emelin is that he has a very hard time skating backward and pivoting. Don't know if this would improve if he plays LD.
He has a hard time skating forward also. He's simply not a good skater. Thankfully he brings other things to the table.

Old
05-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Camio

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I doubt they trade Tinordi, if they do they are incredibly dumb.
I doubt they'll either. It just doesnt make sense, especially considering adding another entry-level player in the lineup will only mean more cap flexibility.

Trading Tinordi could make sense if the Habs had an embarrassement of riches on the blueline and had some key spots to fill. With Markov aging, with the current situation, you'd have Beaulieu-Tinordi-Weaver playing in the 5-6-7th spots next year, assuming Bouillon and Murray dont come back.

Dealing Tinordi makes no sense. Unless at the deadline, they can add a key element. Even that, I'd be against. Its not like the Habs are 1 player away from the Cup.

Old
05-18-2014, 08:34 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If Emelin gets put on left side he becomes much more effective. Emelin's best hits always come from the left side and he won't need to pivot against speedy wongers since he will be in his natural position. Swap Emelin with Beaulieu moved to right side. Nate is much more mobile and can handle the transition better.
He'll still need to pivot if they shift him. And that won't change whether he's on the right or left side. Emelin is a great skater technically. He's very fluid, his pivots are seamless and he doesn't seem to favor one side versus the other. But, he doesn't have the greatest top speed and his acceleration is mediocre. Basically, only his stick placement is different going from one side to the other and I don't expect that this affects his ability to keep up (or not) with opposing wingers. It might affect his ability to deliver checks to the best of his ability, but that's not the problem here.

Old
05-18-2014, 09:49 AM
yianik

So what seems obvious over the last number of years in the play-offs is speed is very important , maybe most important, but if you do not have good size and physical play you will lose. I am not forgetting skill, that goes without question .

Tinordi may not have a good offensive skill set but he is 6 foot 6, and clearly is developing a mean, crease clearing, hard hitting, defensive D man game and, he is quite mobile for a guy his size. Think if he develops into a Gorges but who is much bigger and can hit, would that be good ? Having a huge guy like that is needed by everyone, having a guy like that who can skate is invaluable and fits in with our speed identity.

You do not trade a guy like this except in a package where you are adding to get something even better, like a big 2 way defenceman. You do not trade this guy for multiple pieces and I don't see what you would get one for one to make it interesting for us, but depends on the return as always.

-

Old
05-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Tinordi needs to play AND he needs to be a regular next season. No doubt.

I'm preaching for more toughness in our team, but i hate Emelin. Yes, he hits hard, but that's it. He's slow, probably the lowest hockey IQ of all our defenceman, always make mental cramps, etc.

Old
05-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Schooner Guy

Tinordi is in the team's plans. Size, high-end character and a bit of skill. He'll be a 25 minute per game defenseman for years.

Old
05-18-2014, 10:08 AM
qwerty123

Size is good, but you need speed too. Kinda like Kreider...

Big and slow like Murray and Emelin is bad. You get to hit those slower players but once you play very fast forwards, you look like a joke. Kinda like Chara.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:43 PM
habsfanatics*

Too many knee-jerk reactions in here. Emelin is fine, the habs came out flat and ill-prepared after playing with so much emotion to beat the B's. It was a hard game to get up for, beating the B's was the Habs Stanley Cup to many. Just need to re-focus and treat every game like an elimination game. Even as a fan I have a hard time disliking the NYR, it is what it is. We got spanked and will be much better next game. This is what was needed to get our emotion in it. If getting spanked won't light a fire, perhaps we're just not good enough.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:14 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Serious knee jerking here.

Boullion is a faster skater then Emelin and Tinordi. Do you want him in instead?

The team didn't show up at all. Can't pin the loss on 1 guy especially when he stopped a clear chance in the 1st period.

What does Markov bring exactly? He's slower then Emelin. Pinch's at the wrong times.

Its a team effort. If only one guy shows up, they won't beat anyone.

Old
05-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Mr. Hab

I can't wait to see J.Tinordi play an entire season (82 games). It should happen next season (or at worst...he will play 40-60 games next season and be more ready for a complete 2015 playoffs).

And I don't want J.Tinordi feeling like he has to protect/fight all the time (and risk injury to his wrist, knuckles, hand, head injury/concussions, elbow,etc).

Who can we get next year to shut players up so we can play hockey?
(John Scott? Kassian? Bordeleau? Who??!! I really hope Bergevin takes care of this so we can avoid getting bullied and injured when winning and playing hockey, but I think Bergevin understand this since he went to get Murray and Parros...and J.Tinordi, White, Prust, Moen don't hurt either in the toughness/grit department, but I don't want them fighting so often...they need to play hockey).

Murray:
one more season (30-40 games...especially VS teams like the Bruins an Leafs which have many psycho bullies, criminals on ice). I trust that Murray will get in better shape for 2015...lose 10lbs and still be tough (and maybe a tad less slower!). 82 games is a long season...we need to protect as many of our players as possible so as to go into the playoffs...as healthy/fresh as possible. I don't want our players to ever be vulnerable to more and more injuries/bullying...I want to minimize this with 1-2 regular season ''policemen'' since the NHL is a ****ing joke in punishing criminals on ice.

Old
05-18-2014, 11:41 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

I think it is time to part ways with Emelin if the price is right, Tinordi can bring the same physical element but with better skating.

Old
05-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricerStopDaPuck View Post
I think it is time to part ways with Emelin if the price is right, Tinordi can bring the same physical element but with better skating.
I'm wrong or crazy or just angry, but...I wish Emelin wasn't so slow in slowing down Kreider or being ahead of the play...why the **** was Kreider ahead of everyone...Emelin and Markov have to be more aware of Rangers' speed for **** sakes.

Emelin looked so slow and lazy on the play when Kreider crashed into our Price. As a dman you just cannot let that happen. Cannot let opposing players gain so much speed and go in alone to perhaps crash into our Price. Gotta protect Price...gotta.

Other than that...Emelin has been surprisingly solid VS Tampa and Bos.

Emelin has to stay for D-depth (D-depth is so important to protect us against injuries), unless a team offers us a deal we cannot refuse!

Gorges - PK Subban
Markov???? - Emelin
Beaulieu/Tinordi - Weaver
J.Tinordi
Murray (for protection VS BIG teams)

Go D-Depth Go!!

Old
06-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Tyson

Tinordi, top 4 in 2014-15...book it

Old
06-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Captain Saku

Gorges
Markov
Beaulieu
Emelin
Tinordi

All lefties. One one of them has to go/traded for a RH top 4 defenseman.

Old
06-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Gorges
Markov
Beaulieu
Emelin
Tinordi

All lefties. One one of them has to go/traded for a RH top 4 defenseman.
Gorges for Bieksa? Somebody suggested us going out for him recently and it makes some sense.

Not sure where Vancouver's head's at on rebuilding but they might like a younger blueliner. Downside is Bieksa's usually hurt...

Old
06-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Gorges for Bieksa? Somebody suggested us going out for him recently and it makes some sense.

Not sure where Vancouver's head's at on rebuilding but they might like a younger blueliner. Downside is Bieksa's usually hurt...
Benning is on record of saying that he really likes the canucks core. Bieksa is the heart of that core.

I would imagine that gorges is not near enough to get bieksa out of Vancouver. I would be doing cartwheels if that ever happened.

Old
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Benning is on record of saying that he really likes the canucks core. Bieksa is the heart of that core.

I would imagine that gorges is not near enough to get bieksa out of Vancouver. I would be doing cartwheels if that ever happened.
It would definitely have to be Gorges +

Old
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It would definitely have to be Gorges +
He is solid defensively for sure, hard for me to see him traded.

Old
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
DAChampion

Between Weaver, Gorges, Tinordi, Emelin.... somebody has to go.

Old
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Between Weaver, Gorges, Tinordi, Emelin.... somebody has to go.
Could be a trade...dman for dman, or...Bergevin will know that injuries happen, so D-Depth is crucial...the more the better, imo. And...Weaver is not a Hab unless he re-signs (I hope he does or we get a Niskanen instead of Markov, or Fayne instead of Weaver?,etc).

But, please...no more cheerleaders that will not play/win for us when really needed (Drewiskie, Budaj... of course I could be wrong about Drewiskie since I didn't get a chance to watch him often...not physical for his size/height though is a no-no, imo).

p.s.: Jarred Tinordi will be a monster playoff warrior for us one day...you keep him the way we should have kept McDonagh. I've been waiting so so long for a 6'7 huge warrior like Tinordi...I hope he's a Hab for a long long time. Trading him would be the end of the world for me.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-01-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old
06-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Draft

I don't see any issue with him staying in the AHL. He needs to be stone-cold defensively if he wants to see playing time in the NHL. He's not skilled or intimidating enough at this point to make a significant contribution in those areas. He needs to be a shutdown defenceman who can move the puck out of his zone and he struggled with that this year when he was called up.

Don't see any issues letting him bulk up a little, work on his offensive/passing game, and becoming more experienced in the AHL. Doesn't need to be rushed and we don't NEED him right now.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Habbadasher

I do not see anything wrong with Beaulieu and Tinordi platooning on the third pairing.

You never trade a guy like Tinordi.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:02 AM
24rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I don't see any issue with him staying in the AHL. He needs to be stone-cold defensively if he wants to see playing time in the NHL. He's not skilled or intimidating enough at this point to make a significant contribution in those areas. He needs to be a shutdown defenceman who can move the puck out of his zone and he struggled with that this year when he was called up.

Don't see any issues letting him bulk up a little, work on his offensive/passing game, and becoming more experienced in the AHL. Doesn't need to be rushed and we don't NEED him right now.
This

Old
06-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I do not see anything wrong with Beaulieu and Tinordi platooning on the third pairing.

You never trade a guy like Tinordi.
Why not?

Old
06-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Why not?
Size, speed, and physicality. Every team needs a shut-down guy like him.

Of course if the return is outrageous, sure, but that rarely happens.

Closed Thread