HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIV

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
When did he lose his teeth?

I love Milbury straight up making **** up about Carter being bad defensively. He's been a good/great defensive player for a long time now.
There are LA fans who say he wasn't good defensively until Sutter got their hands on him.

06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Why do people blanket all of us as "wanting to die" if Carter & Richards win another Cup? Good lord, who gives a rat's ass? Why does anyone dwell on that

06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
drownedsailors

Also, even though Quick has looked kinda suckish in the last few games, I think he'll turn it up in the Finals. He's a lot better than what he's shown, Chicago just has his number. I remember last year when LA & CHI faced off Quick sucked in a lot of the games, but he was stone cold in the previous series against San Jose. It's definitely not going to be a cake walk like most NYR fans seem to think.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
Wow, you get on Milbury and then follow it up with straight up lies.
Not that Selke voting is a particularly great measure of defensive acumen, but Carter placed 17th in Selke voting in 08/09. He then placed 24th in 10/11. Clearly the media considered him a pretty great defensive forward.

Between 08-11 Carter only had one year where he was getting more than half of his face-offs in the offensive zone. Over that time period he was generally getting the 2nd toughest minutes for Flyers forwards, except for one year when he faced the hardest opponents.

But please talk out your ass more.

Old
06-01-2014, 11:54 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
That was a ****ing phenomenal series! Credit to the Hawks because I really thought Game 5 was going to be their last. Oddly enough, even though I felt LA was the overall better team in this series, I think Chicago was the better team in game 7.
I agree with this. With the start to the game LA looked like they were on really shaky ground and some other teams probably would have just folded at that point, but overall I think they earned this one. It was a hell of a series either way.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Why do people blanket all of us as "wanting to die" if Carter & Richards win another Cup? Good lord, who gives a rat's ass? Why does anyone dwell on that
I think Carcillo is the only former Flyer I wouldn't enjoy seeing lift a Cup.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:08 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Justin Williams is the most clutch player in NHL history.

06-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think Carcillo is the only former Flyer I wouldn't enjoy seeing lift a Cup.
What about Harry Z, not that the kid is unlikeable, just because he's on the Pens now.

Speaking of other Flyers, aren't Asham's rights still owned by the Rags? Maybe he gets in for a game or two

Old
06-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
What about Harry Z, not that the kid is unlikeable, just because he's on the Pens now.

Speaking of other Flyers, aren't Asham's rights still owned by the Rags? Maybe he gets in for a game or two

I would vomit at every other Pen lifting the Cup and frown at him.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:20 AM
The Couturier Effect

Hmm, looks like Carter was offsides before he scored his goal.

EDIT: BTW not a video, just a screen shot. The play button is kind of deceiving.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:33 AM
The Dream
User Registered

This was a hard conference finals for me. I disliked every team. I wish a team like St. Louis, San Jose or Columbus could have made it farther to give me someone to really root for, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So... lets go kings.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
**** sakes

I dont want to see like cry baby Carter win another cup
as opposed to crybaby MSL getting another Cup.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:58 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

The "DID PHILLY LOSE THE CARTER/RICHARDS TRADES???" crap is never gonna end, especially when we play on NBC.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:04 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
Also, even though Quick has looked kinda suckish in the last few games, I think he'll turn it up in the Finals. He's a lot better than what he's shown, Chicago just has his number. I remember last year when LA & CHI faced off Quick sucked in a lot of the games, but he was stone cold in the previous series against San Jose. It's definitely not going to be a cake walk like most NYR fans seem to think.
so many weird bounces, fortunate bounces for either side. I don't think the goaltending was as bad as the 51 combined goals in the series.
Both Chicago and LA have the heart of a Champion. No matter who would of won tonight will not be an easy out for the Rangers.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic

vCash: 420
Carter, Williams, Patrick Sharp...all i expect to hear about from my co-workers at work tomorrow.

Answer to who did we give up for patrick sharp question which i always get....Matt Ellison, in case you are asked. WTF.

I have great hopes for Voracek and Coots but to comment on the question of losing a trade, i sure as **** wish we had Carter in the first round.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I don't let it bother me anymore. what is done is done.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
Hmm, looks like Carter was offsides before he scored his goal.

EDIT: BTW not a video, just a screen shot. The play button is kind of deceiving.

It doesn't matter

Oduya not attempting to play defense is reason for goal ,, Not gonna blame refs

Old
06-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
The "DID PHILLY LOSE THE CARTER/RICHARDS TRADES???" crap is never gonna end, especially when we play on NBC.

It won't end until we win a Cup. While they're still playing.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:43 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
It doesn't matter

Oduya not attempting to play defense is reason for goal ,, Not gonna blame refs
feel bad for Leddy man. The kid is going to have nightmares all summer.
I didn't see all the games but that was some epic hockey Chicago and LA played.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:09 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
feel bad for Leddy man. The kid is going to have nightmares all summer.
I didn't see all the games but that was some epic hockey Chicago and LA played.
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff

Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job

Old
06-02-2014, 02:17 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Versteeg sucks, I hated that dude when he played here. Thankfully he brought us Gostisbehere though.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Versteeg sucks, I hated that dude when he played here. Thankfully he brought us Gostisbehere though.
Versteeg was good in 2009 and 2010

This version is lazy , incompetent and not likeable

Only consolation is Hawks didn't give up anything of value for him and at 2.2M cap hit for next 2 years he should be moveable

Old
06-02-2014, 02:26 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff
Yeah, what a damn joke. I bet the cushions on your yacht are too big, and your butler stocked the fridge with Poland Spring instead of Figi, too.

Quote:
Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job

Please take your "problems" and leave.

Quote:
Only consolation is Hawks didn't give up anything of value for him and at 2.2M cap hit for next 2 years he should be moveable
Yeah, THAT'S the only consolation...

Old
06-02-2014, 05:16 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Williams isn't polarizing at all nor was his departure. Richards hasn't done much of anything this entire playoff run & very well could get bought out this summer.

I'm honestly not seeing much a suicide watch here this year unless you really really hate Carter.

Personally I find it hilarious that John Stevens could possibly get his second cup ring & platform this into another head coaching job if anything.
I find it hilarious that our ex captain and assistant captain may have two rings to show for in just 3 yrs since departing a city that seriously questioned their drive and devotion.

Meanwhile we are busy barely scraping by and trading away valuable pieces (Bob).

Old
06-02-2014, 06:39 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
I find it hilarious that our ex captain and assistant captain may have two rings to show for in just 3 yrs since departing a city that seriously questioned their drive and devotion.

Meanwhile we are busy barely scraping by and trading away valuable pieces (Bob).
Meh we never know what happens if we keep them. Maybe we keep missing the playoffs.

Closed Thread