HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2014, 07:45 AM
  #301
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on which jersey to get. Should I go for a blue home or road white, with or without the Stanley Cup Final patch? Thank you!

rangerstown is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:46 AM
  #302
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on which jersey to get. Should I go for a blue home or road white, with or without the Stanley Cup Final patch? Thank you!
I always love the blues, but that's a personal preference. And at this point, I'd get the SCF patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Speaking of edge. Does anyone know anywhere that has rangers authentics in stock? Having a hard time finding any
In stock, like on the shelves? I don't know most places that carry the actual on-ice jerseys outside of the garden and Cosby's, which is where I get most of my jerseys done anyway.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  #303
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I always love the blues, but that's a personal preference. And at this point, I'd get the SCF patch.



In stock, like on the shelves? I don't know most places that carry the actual on-ice jerseys outside of the garden and Cosby's, which is where I get most of my jerseys done anyway.
I was leaning towards home with Stanely Cup Patch. Would love to get is signed one day! Thanks AHB.

Is Cosby's still the company who letters and numbers the jerseys the players wear today? There are so many customizers out there and I'd like to get the official stitcher. Thanks again!

rangerstown is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:01 AM
  #304
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Sorry for all these questions. Is the authentic jersey the exact same specifications as the pro cut jerseys worn by the players on the ice or are they different in some subtle aspects (like embroidery vs. screen printing) that's usually done to prevent them from being sold as worn by actual players?

rangerstown is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
  #305
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
I was leaning towards home with Stanely Cup Patch. Would love to get is signed one day! Thanks AHB.

Is Cosby's still the company who letters and numbers the jerseys the players wear today? There are so many customizers out there and I'd like to get the official stitcher. Thanks again!
Pretty sure the teams have guys that stitch the jerseys. I could be wrong on that though. I'm almost positive it's not Cosby's haha. They send it off to be stitched, which is how I've had mine done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Sorry for all these questions. Is the authentic jersey the exact same specifications as the pro cut jerseys worn by the players on the ice or are they different in some subtle aspects (like embroidery vs. screen printing) that's usually done to prevent them from being sold as worn by actual players?
Screen printing vs embroidery/stitched is a massive difference. An authentic will certainly be stitched. You can get replica's that are stitched and look WAYYYYY better then screen printing.

Authentics run about 350-400$ but they are identical to what the players where. For example, I won an authentic Lundqvist jersey in some raffle from the Rangers, it was $360 I believe, but has the jersey strap on the inside and the area built in for his shoulder pads.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:22 AM
  #306
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Pretty sure the teams have guys that stitch the jerseys. I could be wrong on that though. I'm almost positive it's not Cosby's haha. They send it off to be stitched, which is how I've had mine done.



Screen printing vs embroidery/stitched is a massive difference. An authentic will certainly be stitched. You can get replica's that are stitched and look WAYYYYY better then screen printing.

Authentics run about 350-400$ but they are identical to what the players where. For example, I won an authentic Lundqvist jersey in some raffle from the Rangers, it was $360 I believe, but has the jersey strap on the inside and the area built in for his shoulder pads.
Thank you AHB. How close is Cosby's work to the ones worn by the players? Do you or another member have a game worn jersey you can do some comparisons with?

The authentic is a little out of my range. But is it common to take a blank premier and customize it with stitched lettering and numerals? Would that look unusual?

Can you post a photo of your Lundqvist authentic, would love to see it! Thanks!

rangerstown is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:47 AM
  #307
BleedinBLUEsince92
Registered User
 
BleedinBLUEsince92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis

BleedinBLUEsince92 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM
  #308
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis

http://www.sportsk.com

you'll have to call. but i know they strip numbers and letters off. they will quote you. you'll send, wait x amount of weeks, and poof. ultimate troll jersey. trading callahan nameplate and number 4 with a 6 and st louis. seriously though, give them a call. they helped me out

GregNYR19 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
  #309
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis
Exclusive Pro Sports, exclusivepro.com can also do it.

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
  #310
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis
Make sure you get a quote. You might just be happier keeping the Cally and buying a new jersey if it's high. I"m not familiar with this process, personally.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
  #311
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Thank you AHB. How close is Cosby's work to the ones worn by the players? Do you or another member have a game worn jersey you can do some comparisons with?

The authentic is a little out of my range. But is it common to take a blank premier and customize it with stitched lettering and numerals? Would that look unusual?

Can you post a photo of your Lundqvist authentic, would love to see it! Thanks!
I can take a picture of both my McD that I had done at Cosby's and the Lundqvist. WOn't get it up here until later though.

It's certainly common to do a blank. I had my McD done as a blank USA and then sent it to be stitched. Doesn't look unusual at all as long as you're getting it done at a legit place.

Cosby's is as real as it gets if you're getting an authentic. Only difference would be size. I usually wear larges, but I"m assuming the players have them sized to their specifications. Could be wrong though.

Some guys have game used gear on here, hopefully they can help out.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 01:51 PM
  #312
BTW8892
Registered User
 
BTW8892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Make sure you get a quote. You might just be happier keeping the Cally and buying a new jersey if it's high. I"m not familiar with this process, personally.
I remember calling up Cosby's last year and they quoted me $90 to take the lettering off, plus another $90 to put the new lettering on. At that point it's just worth buying a brand new jersey.

BTW8892 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 01:56 PM
  #313
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
I remember calling up Cosby's last year and they quoted me $90 to take the lettering off, plus another $90 to put the new lettering on. At that point it's just worth buying a brand new jersey.
Exactly my point. I'm a guy who collects jerseys, so even though I'll never wear my Callahan/Avery/Gaborik/Kovalev jerseys again, I like having them.

Even if you get a steal and only pay like 100, I'd rather just drop the extra 100 for a replica jersey and keep the old one.

Also you can usually re-sell an old one on Ebay for a decent amount. Especially if it's an authentic.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 01:59 PM
  #314
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,593
vCash: 500
Everytime I see this thread get bumped with a new post I click on it thinking someone got an update on the Rangers jersey situation from Shop.NHL.com store

poeman is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:14 PM
  #315
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Everytime I see this thread get bumped with a new post I click on it thinking someone got an update on the Rangers jersey situation from Shop.NHL.com store
I ordered one jersey at 2:30 PM on Saturday and my order was cancelled late this morning. No email yet, but I logged into my account and I can see the status.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:21 PM
  #316
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
I ordered one jersey at 2:30 PM on Saturday and my order was cancelled late this morning. No email yet, but I logged into my account and I can see the status.
your status says cancelled?

poeman is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:23 PM
  #317
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
your status says cancelled?
Says Refunded.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:25 PM
  #318
gmerger37
Registered User
 
gmerger37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
Says Refunded.
according to an nhl customer rep my order placed at 3:38 pm for a girardi jersey is still on, and has not been refunded/cancelled as of right now

just out of curiosity what player did you order?

gmerger37 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
  #319
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Mine still says "new."

AHB is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:31 PM
  #320
Brock Sampson
Registered User
 
Brock Sampson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
I ordered one jersey at 2:30 PM on Saturday and my order was cancelled late this morning. No email yet, but I logged into my account and I can see the status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
your status says cancelled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
Says Refunded.
I ordered a D Moore at about 5 PM on Saturday. My order is still active and my bank statement says "processing." I assume that means the transaction is still alive for now.

Brock Sampson is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
  #321
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Mine still says "new."
likewise

poeman is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:44 PM
  #322
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
according to an nhl customer rep my order placed at 3:38 pm for a girardi jersey is still on, and has not been refunded/cancelled as of right now

just out of curiosity what player did you order?
MSL in XXL. Should not matter which player. They customize to order.
The only thing that should matter would be the jersey size.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 02:52 PM
  #323
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
My order still says New

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 03:13 PM
  #324
NYR27
Registered User
 
NYR27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
yeah mine still says new - a McDonagh Medium ordered at about 11:55 am

just called and they said that they really wont know anything until tomorrow

NYR27 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 03:13 PM
  #325
BTW8892
Registered User
 
BTW8892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
From what I gathered during a Twitter conversation with their account, cancellation notices for the jerseys will be sent out by the end of this week, if not already. They also noted that shipping confirmations/information will be available by the following week.

BTW8892 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.