HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2014, 07:45 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on which jersey to get. Should I go for a blue home or road white, with or without the Stanley Cup Final patch? Thank you!

Old
06-02-2014, 08:46 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on which jersey to get. Should I go for a blue home or road white, with or without the Stanley Cup Final patch? Thank you!
I always love the blues, but that's a personal preference. And at this point, I'd get the SCF patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Speaking of edge. Does anyone know anywhere that has rangers authentics in stock? Having a hard time finding any
In stock, like on the shelves? I don't know most places that carry the actual on-ice jerseys outside of the garden and Cosby's, which is where I get most of my jerseys done anyway.

Old
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I always love the blues, but that's a personal preference. And at this point, I'd get the SCF patch.

In stock, like on the shelves? I don't know most places that carry the actual on-ice jerseys outside of the garden and Cosby's, which is where I get most of my jerseys done anyway.
I was leaning towards home with Stanely Cup Patch. Would love to get is signed one day! Thanks AHB.

Is Cosby's still the company who letters and numbers the jerseys the players wear today? There are so many customizers out there and I'd like to get the official stitcher. Thanks again!

Old
06-02-2014, 09:01 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Sorry for all these questions. Is the authentic jersey the exact same specifications as the pro cut jerseys worn by the players on the ice or are they different in some subtle aspects (like embroidery vs. screen printing) that's usually done to prevent them from being sold as worn by actual players?

Old
06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
AHB

Quote:
I was leaning towards home with Stanely Cup Patch. Would love to get is signed one day! Thanks AHB.

Is Cosby's still the company who letters and numbers the jerseys the players wear today? There are so many customizers out there and I'd like to get the official stitcher. Thanks again!
Pretty sure the teams have guys that stitch the jerseys. I could be wrong on that though. I'm almost positive it's not Cosby's haha. They send it off to be stitched, which is how I've had mine done.

Quote:
Sorry for all these questions. Is the authentic jersey the exact same specifications as the pro cut jerseys worn by the players on the ice or are they different in some subtle aspects (like embroidery vs. screen printing) that's usually done to prevent them from being sold as worn by actual players?
Screen printing vs embroidery/stitched is a massive difference. An authentic will certainly be stitched. You can get replica's that are stitched and look WAYYYYY better then screen printing.

Authentics run about 350-400$ but they are identical to what the players where. For example, I won an authentic Lundqvist jersey in some raffle from the Rangers, it was $360 I believe, but has the jersey strap on the inside and the area built in for his shoulder pads.

Old
06-02-2014, 09:22 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Quote:
Pretty sure the teams have guys that stitch the jerseys. I could be wrong on that though. I'm almost positive it's not Cosby's haha. They send it off to be stitched, which is how I've had mine done.

Screen printing vs embroidery/stitched is a massive difference. An authentic will certainly be stitched. You can get replica's that are stitched and look WAYYYYY better then screen printing.

Authentics run about 350-400$ but they are identical to what the players where. For example, I won an authentic Lundqvist jersey in some raffle from the Rangers, it was $360 I believe, but has the jersey strap on the inside and the area built in for his shoulder pads.
Thank you AHB. How close is Cosby's work to the ones worn by the players? Do you or another member have a game worn jersey you can do some comparisons with?

The authentic is a little out of my range. But is it common to take a blank premier and customize it with stitched lettering and numerals? Would that look unusual?

Can you post a photo of your Lundqvist authentic, would love to see it! Thanks!

Old
06-02-2014, 11:47 AM
BleedinBLUEsince92

For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis

Old
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
For the third time could somebody please help me and tell me where i can get my Callahan jersey stripped and turned into a St. Louis

http://www.sportsk.com

you'll have to call. but i know they strip numbers and letters off. they will quote you. you'll send, wait x amount of weeks, and poof. ultimate troll jersey. trading callahan nameplate and number 4 with a 6 and st louis. seriously though, give them a call. they helped me out

Old
06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Exclusive Pro Sports, exclusivepro.com can also do it.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
AHB

Quote:
Make sure you get a quote. You might just be happier keeping the Cally and buying a new jersey if it's high. I"m not familiar with this process, personally.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
AHB

Quote:
Thank you AHB. How close is Cosby's work to the ones worn by the players? Do you or another member have a game worn jersey you can do some comparisons with?

The authentic is a little out of my range. But is it common to take a blank premier and customize it with stitched lettering and numerals? Would that look unusual?

Can you post a photo of your Lundqvist authentic, would love to see it! Thanks!
I can take a picture of both my McD that I had done at Cosby's and the Lundqvist. WOn't get it up here until later though.

It's certainly common to do a blank. I had my McD done as a blank USA and then sent it to be stitched. Doesn't look unusual at all as long as you're getting it done at a legit place.

Cosby's is as real as it gets if you're getting an authentic. Only difference would be size. I usually wear larges, but I"m assuming the players have them sized to their specifications. Could be wrong though.

Some guys have game used gear on here, hopefully they can help out.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:51 PM
BTW8892

Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
Quote:
Make sure you get a quote. You might just be happier keeping the Cally and buying a new jersey if it's high. I"m not familiar with this process, personally.
I remember calling up Cosby's last year and they quoted me $90 to take the lettering off, plus another $90 to put the new lettering on. At that point it's just worth buying a brand new jersey.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:56 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
I remember calling up Cosby's last year and they quoted me $90 to take the lettering off, plus another $90 to put the new lettering on. At that point it's just worth buying a brand new jersey.
Exactly my point. I'm a guy who collects jerseys, so even though I'll never wear my Callahan/Avery/Gaborik/Kovalev jerseys again, I like having them.

Even if you get a steal and only pay like 100, I'd rather just drop the extra 100 for a replica jersey and keep the old one.

Also you can usually re-sell an old one on Ebay for a decent amount. Especially if it's an authentic.

Old
06-02-2014, 01:59 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Everytime I see this thread get bumped with a new post I click on it thinking someone got an update on the Rangers jersey situation from Shop.NHL.com store

Old
06-02-2014, 02:14 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Everytime I see this thread get bumped with a new post I click on it thinking someone got an update on the Rangers jersey situation from Shop.NHL.com store
I ordered one jersey at 2:30 PM on Saturday and my order was cancelled late this morning. No email yet, but I logged into my account and I can see the status.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:21 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
I ordered one jersey at 2:30 PM on Saturday and my order was cancelled late this morning. No email yet, but I logged into my account and I can see the status.
your status says cancelled?

Old
06-02-2014, 02:23 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Says Refunded.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:25 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Says Refunded.
according to an nhl customer rep my order placed at 3:38 pm for a girardi jersey is still on, and has not been refunded/cancelled as of right now

just out of curiosity what player did you order?

Old
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
AHB

Mine still says "new."

Old
06-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Brock Sampson

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Says Refunded.
I ordered a D Moore at about 5 PM on Saturday. My order is still active and my bank statement says "processing." I assume that means the transaction is still alive for now.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Mine still says "new."
likewise

Old
06-02-2014, 02:44 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
according to an nhl customer rep my order placed at 3:38 pm for a girardi jersey is still on, and has not been refunded/cancelled as of right now

just out of curiosity what player did you order?
MSL in XXL. Should not matter which player. They customize to order.
The only thing that should matter would be the jersey size.

Old
06-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

My order still says New

Old
06-02-2014, 03:13 PM
NYR27

yeah mine still says new - a McDonagh Medium ordered at about 11:55 am

just called and they said that they really wont know anything until tomorrow

Old
06-02-2014, 03:13 PM
BTW8892

Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
From what I gathered during a Twitter conversation with their account, cancellation notices for the jerseys will be sent out by the end of this week, if not already. They also noted that shipping confirmations/information will be available by the following week.

Closed Thread