HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  #101
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
I wish the Flyers had Saad. The kid is an absolute stud.

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:08 AM
  #102
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,422
vCash: 500
It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.

Striiker is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:16 AM
  #103
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 10,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff

Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job
Why do you think we care about all this Chicago minutiae?

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
  #104
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Why do people blanket all of us as "wanting to die" if Carter & Richards win another Cup? Good lord, who gives a rat's ass? Why does anyone dwell on that
I care. Mostly because I understand cause and effect.

Some negative stuff about their character came up as well throughout all these debates. I dislike seeing people I dislike have success. It's normal, really.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  #105
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.
I find myself not always agreeing with you, but this might be the best post you ever made.

Mkoll is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:01 AM
  #106
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,776
vCash: 500
If Richards was playing like he is in LA in Philly, he would be whipping boy #1

RJ8812 is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:26 AM
  #107
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
I like that Sharp is still thrown in the fire as former Flyer. The dude was a Flyers for like a week, 9 years ago.

Hiesenberg is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 09:37 AM
  #108
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff

Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job
I think you've come to the wrong place if you're expecting sympathy lol. Most of the posters on the Flyers board weren't even alive when the Flyers last won a cup. You've got two in the last four years, and look poised to be in the running for at least the next half a decade. Suck it up buttercup.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 10:47 AM
  #109
MickeyMelchiondo
Registered User
 
MickeyMelchiondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
I find it hilarious that our ex captain and assistant captain may have two rings to show for in just 3 yrs since departing a city that seriously questioned their drive and devotion.

Meanwhile we are busy barely scraping by and trading away valuable pieces (Bob).
it really is funny
classic flyers
kinda reminds me of how Keith Primeau was elevated to god-like status here for one playoff run and then quickly faded with the concussion issues while Brindy leads his team to a Cup soon thereafter...

MickeyMelchiondo is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:00 AM
  #110
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMelchiondo View Post
it really is funny
classic flyers
kinda reminds me of how Keith Primeau was elevated to god-like status here for one playoff run and then quickly faded with the concussion issues while Brindy leads his team to a Cup soon thereafter...
Primeau earned every bit of praise that he got in 03-04. Had the Flyers defense not fallen apart with injuries, Primeau would have been the easy favorite for Conn Smythe in a Flyers cup win.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
  #111
MickeyMelchiondo
Registered User
 
MickeyMelchiondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Primeau earned every bit of praise that he got in 03-04. Had the Flyers defense not fallen apart with injuries, Primeau would have been the easy favorite for Conn Smythe in a Flyers cup win.
he absolutely did
he also had 3 incredibly lousy playoffs with the Flyers before that

is just another entry in the cycle of trades we "love" where the piece leaving goes on to glory elsewhere...

MickeyMelchiondo is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
  #112
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I think you've come to the wrong place if you're expecting sympathy lol. Most of the posters on the Flyers board weren't even alive when the Flyers last won a cup. You've got two in the last four years, and look poised to be in the running for at least the next half a decade. Suck it up buttercup.
Seriously. Complaining about your bottom pairing and how you can't compete for the cup when your team badly exposed the allstar duo of Lukas Krajicek and backless Ryan Parent is kind of tasteless.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:37 AM
  #113
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
I care. Mostly because I understand cause and effect.

Some negative stuff about their character came up as well throughout all these debates. I dislike seeing people I dislike have success. It's normal, really.
Questions, only questions. People have questioned Patrick Kane's off-ice ******** but he doesn't get a bad rap because he produced. Richards and Carter produced here (albeit not to the level of Kane) but it didn't seem to matter

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
  #114
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.
You are forgetting the part where Carter is a 200' beast.

I'm not saying they were disaster trades, but imagine if we could have flipped Richards to CBJ for the same return instead, and had Carter, Voracek, and Couturier.

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
  #115
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Meh we never know what happens if we keep them. Maybe we keep missing the playoffs.
I don't get the bold. I completely agree with the rest btw.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:58 AM
  #116
MP92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.
qft. I suppose a 40 year cup drought though will distort people's thought process. Emotion replaces logical thinking. I mean, one of those guys is now a 4th line center. But if he were still here suddenly he'd still be the 60-70 point selke caliber center he was before and we're winning cups...yeah, ok.

It is what it is.

MP92 is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 11:59 AM
  #117
MP92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
You are forgetting the part where Carter is a 200' beast.

I'm not saying they were disaster trades, but imagine if we could have flipped Richards to CBJ for the same return instead, and had Carter, Voracek, and Couturier.
Now this is a fair argument.

MP92 is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM
  #118
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,952
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMelchiondo View Post
it really is funny
classic flyers
kinda reminds me of how Keith Primeau was elevated to god-like status here for one playoff run and then quickly faded with the concussion issues while Brindy leads his team to a Cup soon thereafter...
I hated that trade then and hate that trade now. Brind'Amour should of been a Flyer for life. Should of traded Lindros.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:16 PM
  #119
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
You are forgetting the part where Carter is a 200' beast.

I'm not saying they were disaster trades, but imagine if we could have flipped Richards to CBJ for the same return instead, and had Carter, Voracek, and Couturier.
At the time Richards probably would have brought back more than Voracek+ 8th overall. Didn't Richards play with Nash during the '10 Olympics?

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
  #120
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If Richards was playing like he is in LA in Philly, he would be whipping boy #1
Who's to say he would though? Since leaving he's had at least two concussion which IMO are the reasons for his play. If he wasn't traded he would be playing on a vastly different team, against different opponents (schedule) etc. Your point stands, if he was playing here like he was/is in LA, he get loads of heat from the media and fans here in philly but no one can say with any degree of certainty that he career would have followed the same path in terms of injuries and such.

Regardless, there's a lots of conjecture going on in this thread (as well as a few other) right now, not so much the above but the hypothetical of neither trades going down, or just Richards being moved etc. I mean who's to say Giroux develops into the player he is if he doesn't take on the brunt of the load in 2012? Or maybe Jagr doesn't sign (no room/need) and he doesn't become a sort of mentor for Giroux. Maybe the Flyers don't go through with the build throughvia the draft mentality that started with the acquisition of the 8th overall and B Schenn. Again, so many variables.

The trades were good at the time and still are, we have to move on as a fan base.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:20 PM
  #121
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,952
vCash: 50
I think some haven't moved on because the Flyers have yet to find a legit #2 center since the trades. Could Schenn be that one day? sure but right now the Flyers miss a player like Carter or Richards. hopefully next season Schenn steps up.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:32 PM
  #122
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think some haven't moved on because the Flyers have yet to find a legit #2 center since the trades. Could Schenn be that one day? sure but right now the Flyers miss a player like Carter or Richards. hopefully next season Schenn steps up.
Schenn needs 2C minutes (18+) if he's expected to be a 2C. Right now Couts is getting those minutes and there doesn't seem to be enough to go around. You can't hold him to a standard when he's not being given appropriate opportunities to meet those standards.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
  #123
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 44,765
vCash: 500
Schenn needs to play like a center if he's expected to be a 2C.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:42 PM
  #124
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
Next year Schenn will be the same age as Carter when he broke out

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
  #125
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 33,264
vCash: 230
We all need to move, it was nearly 3 years ago.

__________________
10 feet on the west side is 10 feet on the east side.
Justified is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.