HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIV

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Bryz4shiz

vCash: 500
I wish the Flyers had Saad. The kid is an absolute stud.

Old
06-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.

Old
06-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff

Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job
Why do you think we care about all this Chicago minutiae?

Old
06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Why do people blanket all of us as "wanting to die" if Carter & Richards win another Cup? Good lord, who gives a rat's ass? Why does anyone dwell on that
I care. Mostly because I understand cause and effect.

Some negative stuff about their character came up as well throughout all these debates. I dislike seeing people I dislike have success. It's normal, really.

Old
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It's funny that there are still people stupid enough to question those trades when we got back far more than we lost. If you question the trades based on what the players did after they left, and as a team not individually, then you're an idiot. The Kings aren't winning cups because Richards and Carter are carrying them to victory, it's because they are solid pieces on a solid team. I wouldn't offer what we received for either player to get either of them back, not even close. People who say that they wish they had Carter in the 1st round must be forgetting something kinda important, if we have him then we don't have Voracek and Couturier... who are absolutely more important to this team than Carter would be. Swap them out and you have a better goal scorer and then you're crying that we need better defense. The reason people keep going on about this is the media aren't smart enough to write decent stories so they have to keep bringing up old **** over and over.
I find myself not always agreeing with you, but this might be the best post you ever made.

Old
06-02-2014, 09:01 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

If Richards was playing like he is in LA in Philly, he would be whipping boy #1

Old
06-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Hiesenberg

I like that Sharp is still thrown in the fire as former Flyer. The dude was a Flyers for like a week, 9 years ago.

Old
06-02-2014, 09:37 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That kid is dead to me (Not for the end of tonight)

3rd straight year he played terrible in playoffs and refuses to play puck when he has a opponent coming at him along boards

He makes Oduya look like a warrior (And Oduya is softer then Charmin)

Great skater with tons of offensive upside but a complete liability on ice come playoff time. Cant compete for cup when you cant trust your bottom pair and major reason you cant trust that pair is because of kid

Bryan Berard 2.0 as far as I am concerned ,, So freaking fed up with kid being soft

Look at hits guys like Kruger takes going all out for puck (He was destroyed game 6) and then watch Leddy do his best to avoid any contact and lose battle for puck. Sick of it ,,, Like the kid and its great to see him carry puck up ice but enough is enough

Versteeg , Leddy and Rozy should be gone in trades at draft. Steeger was a joke in playoffs and Rozy is showing his age. Handzus and Khabby can hang em up ,, Thanks for memories but both had nothing in tank this year. Raanta can go back to Finland as well ,, Crawford needs an actual #2 so he can enjoy a night off without fear of having to come in for this bum

Hawks aren't doing anything with core (And justifiable as they nearly made finals again) but the depth this year was not good beyond Saad/Shaw/Smith/Kruger and its time for kids to learn on job

No reason Teravainen shouldn't have been given chance to run with #2C spot when it was clear Handzus was finished since drop of puck to start year. There is no reason Teravainen shouldn't be on roster from day 1 next year. If Hawks don't plan to have him in role next year then they better damn well trade for a #2C option because the #2C issue was embarrassing to watch this year

Shaw is not viable top 6 C , Kruger is blackhole offensively , Regin is 4th liner and Handzus is done. Yet that is what Hawks rolled with in playoff

Damn joke to watch unfold ,, If your not gonna play Sharp at C (Q for some reason wont since 1st cup) then get a real damn center who is permanent fix or let the Finnish Wonder run with it and learn on job
I think you've come to the wrong place if you're expecting sympathy lol. Most of the posters on the Flyers board weren't even alive when the Flyers last won a cup. You've got two in the last four years, and look poised to be in the running for at least the next half a decade. Suck it up buttercup.

Old
06-02-2014, 10:47 AM
MickeyMelchiondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
I find it hilarious that our ex captain and assistant captain may have two rings to show for in just 3 yrs since departing a city that seriously questioned their drive and devotion.

Meanwhile we are busy barely scraping by and trading away valuable pieces (Bob).
it really is funny
classic flyers
kinda reminds me of how Keith Primeau was elevated to god-like status here for one playoff run and then quickly faded with the concussion issues while Brindy leads his team to a Cup soon thereafter...

Old
06-02-2014, 11:00 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMelchiondo View Post
it really is funny
classic flyers
kinda reminds me of how Keith Primeau was elevated to god-like status here for one playoff run and then quickly faded with the concussion issues while Brindy leads his team to a Cup soon thereafter...
Primeau earned every bit of praise that he got in 03-04. Had the Flyers defense not fallen apart with injuries, Primeau would have been the easy favorite for Conn Smythe in a Flyers cup win.

Old
06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
MickeyMelchiondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Primeau earned every bit of praise that he got in 03-04. Had the Flyers defense not fallen apart with injuries, Primeau would have been the easy favorite for Conn Smythe in a Flyers cup win.
he absolutely did
he also had 3 incredibly lousy playoffs with the Flyers before that

is just another entry in the cycle of trades we "love" where the piece leaving goes on to glory elsewhere...

Old
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I think you've come to the wrong place if you're expecting sympathy lol. Most of the posters on the Flyers board weren't even alive when the Flyers last won a cup. You've got two in the last four years, and look poised to be in the running for at least the next half a decade. Suck it up buttercup.
Seriously. Complaining about your bottom pairing and how you can't compete for the cup when your team badly exposed the allstar duo of Lukas Krajicek and backless Ryan Parent is kind of tasteless.

Old
06-02-2014, 11:37 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
I care. Mostly because I understand cause and effect.

Some negative stuff about their character came up as well throughout all these debates. I dislike seeing people I dislike have success. It's normal, really.
Questions, only questions. People have questioned Patrick Kane's off-ice ******** but he doesn't get a bad rap because he produced. Richards and Carter produced here (albeit not to the level of Kane) but it didn't seem to matter

Old
06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
You are forgetting the part where Carter is a 200' beast.

I'm not saying they were disaster trades, but imagine if we could have flipped Richards to CBJ for the same return instead, and had Carter, Voracek, and Couturier.

Old
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Meh we never know what happens if we keep them. Maybe we keep missing the playoffs.
I don't get the bold. I completely agree with the rest btw.

Old
06-02-2014, 11:58 AM
MP92

Quote:
qft. I suppose a 40 year cup drought though will distort people's thought process. Emotion replaces logical thinking. I mean, one of those guys is now a 4th line center. But if he were still here suddenly he'd still be the 60-70 point selke caliber center he was before and we're winning cups...yeah, ok.

It is what it is.

Old
06-02-2014, 11:59 AM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post

I'm not saying they were disaster trades, but imagine if we could have flipped Richards to CBJ for the same return instead, and had Carter, Voracek, and Couturier.
Now this is a fair argument.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMelchiondo View Post
it really is funny
classic flyers
I hated that trade then and hate that trade now. Brind'Amour should of been a Flyer for life. Should of traded Lindros.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post

At the time Richards probably would have brought back more than Voracek+ 8th overall. Didn't Richards play with Nash during the '10 Olympics?

Old
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If Richards was playing like he is in LA in Philly, he would be whipping boy #1
Who's to say he would though? Since leaving he's had at least two concussion which IMO are the reasons for his play. If he wasn't traded he would be playing on a vastly different team, against different opponents (schedule) etc. Your point stands, if he was playing here like he was/is in LA, he get loads of heat from the media and fans here in philly but no one can say with any degree of certainty that he career would have followed the same path in terms of injuries and such.

Regardless, there's a lots of conjecture going on in this thread (as well as a few other) right now, not so much the above but the hypothetical of neither trades going down, or just Richards being moved etc. I mean who's to say Giroux develops into the player he is if he doesn't take on the brunt of the load in 2012? Or maybe Jagr doesn't sign (no room/need) and he doesn't become a sort of mentor for Giroux. Maybe the Flyers don't go through with the build throughvia the draft mentality that started with the acquisition of the 8th overall and B Schenn. Again, so many variables.

The trades were good at the time and still are, we have to move on as a fan base.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I think some haven't moved on because the Flyers have yet to find a legit #2 center since the trades. Could Schenn be that one day? sure but right now the Flyers miss a player like Carter or Richards. hopefully next season Schenn steps up.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:32 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think some haven't moved on because the Flyers have yet to find a legit #2 center since the trades. Could Schenn be that one day? sure but right now the Flyers miss a player like Carter or Richards. hopefully next season Schenn steps up.
Schenn needs 2C minutes (18+) if he's expected to be a 2C. Right now Couts is getting those minutes and there doesn't seem to be enough to go around. You can't hold him to a standard when he's not being given appropriate opportunities to meet those standards.

Old
06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Schenn needs to play like a center if he's expected to be a 2C.

06-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Bryz4shiz

Next year Schenn will be the same age as Carter when he broke out

Old
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
We all need to move, it was nearly 3 years ago.