HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How great would it be to go deep into May?

Old
03-21-2007, 08:25 PM
rangerjoe

vCash: 500
How great would it be to go deep into May?

Man oh man, it's been 10 freakin years since we went deep into the playoffs...and if we hadn't lost so many key defensive players every round back in '97, we would have went to the Cup Final.

If we get into the playoffs this season, and get back the guys who are out right now, I think we can do some damage. I think we match up pretty well against the current top 3 teams in the Conference, and we match up well against Pittsburgh should they win the division.

What do you guys think?

RangerJoe

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
The Thomas J.*

I agree had we not lost the checking line of Flatley, Berg & Eastwood we woulkd have at least gone 7 with the Flyers.

Karpotsov's situation with his Mom dying and flying back & forth to Russia hurt as well.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Synergy27

It would be great, and while I agree with alot of what you are saying in theory, I have to take issue with the timing. I am glad the Rangers took care of business tonight, but beating a tired and injury decimated Flyers team is not much of an accomplishment. Save this thread for after the weekend is over.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:49 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
It would be great, and while I agree with alot of what you are saying in theory, I have to take issue with the timing. I am glad the Rangers took care of business tonight, but beating a tired and injury decimated Flyers team is not much of an accomplishment. Save this thread for after the weekend is over.
But how often have they played a Columbus or Philadelphia and played a game that made the other goaltender look like Hasek? It's about time they had some comfortable wins against teams that they are supposed to beat.

If this team can finish 6th and play Atlanta, I think they can beat Atlanta in 6 and challenge in the second round. If they're 7th or 8th, I still think they're going to lose the series...maybe not a pathetic showing like last year, but I still think they're going to lose. Ottawa/Pitt/NJ/Buffalo are just better than the Rangers, that's it. Let's just hope to get in first....

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
But how often have they played a Columbus or Philadelphia and played a game that made the other goaltender look like Hasek? It's about time they had some comfortable wins against teams that they are supposed to beat.

If this team can finish 6th and play Atlanta, I think they can beat Atlanta in 6 and challenge in the second round. If they're 7th or 8th, I still think they're going to lose the series...maybe not a pathetic showing like last year, but I still think they're going to lose. Ottawa/Pitt/NJ/Buffalo are just better than the Rangers, that's it. Let's just hope to get in first....
Well they won't play Pitt or Ottawa, I don't think. If they make I think they will play either NJ or Buf or Atlanta. NJ we outplayed them almost every game this season and a few bounces go their and way and we lose. Buff killed us the first game, then the next three we played them tought and it went to OT every time. But back then the team was MUCH different than it is now. Both would be interesting series'. If they played Atlanta I think the Rangers could definetly beat them

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote