HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Johnson re-signed for 3 years, $10 million

Old
05-25-2014, 09:15 PM
DFC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
johnson was great palat was on an elite pace at end. Am unsure johnson can get to elite. I would not bet against palat. So figure he gets a couple dollars more.

But as said figured killer johnson and palat get 10 million which is very fair in todays market.

All three had great years and whomever said dont want to see killer panik or aulie?

Aulie's only issue is foot speed but we had multiple guys with that problem. He actually played more solid than others most nights he played. When you dont notice a guy who is playing 7th roll or sixth he is doing his job

I cant say I didnt notice sustr or barberio most of the time they were on ice is a reason for that all I am saying. Don't agree with how we handled aulie but got faith in cooper so will accept it.

Panik played great everyone is not tyjo and palat seeing we are getting spoiled best two guys on team as rookies since toews and kane? So put that into perspective before slamming panik.

Killorn is a 0.5 player. He might be topped off but plays all three zones well. Makes a bad penalty here and there or takes one but other wise he is perfect 3rd line player who can spot on top two lines when needed.

He dealt well with marty mess and dealing with purcell all year honestly.

I dont mind moving any of those names but has to make sense and has to upgrade us for issues we HAVE NOW.

Till someone comes up and beats them down another spot or two? Let them play.

Right now kucherov hasnt dont that connolly hasnt brown hasnt namestnikov and drouin havent.

They got to pay their dues.

P.S. I doubt this is last time hear this nonsense with Stamkos but honestly? IF HE IS DUMB ENOUGH TO GO TO TORONTO HE CAN GO.

That is my stance on that one. They are a mess and even if could get him tavares and another two guys they would still suck till overhaul everything from top to bottom.

Is that bad imho. They have a history of choking big time that builds on a man so they got to do more than stammer to make them a good team a hell of a lot more.

I have people tell me daily they will up the contract to max which in my mind would be like 18 million. I doubt if anyone hits ten before stamkos if they pull that stuff I would think the league would try to get the owner of toronto out of the game. I mean this. Cause than it hurts everyone and is before expansion. They can only do soo much. I figure stamkos gets 8.5 to 10 from us and we move on.

If not if he really wants to go to that mess? GOODBYE
I really think Stamkos is getting >10. From us. With Phaneuf, Kessel, and Clarkson, Toronto won't be able to afford that.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 12:44 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
I really think Stamkos is getting >10. From us. With Phaneuf, Kessel, and Clarkson, Toronto won't be able to afford that.
I am basing the ten on no one getting 8.5 till stamkos gets his deal or over 8.5 Time will tell just think with the canadian dollar and guys like kane and toews coming up and taking good deals it should stay close to where we are right now 7 ish for another two years.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 05:50 AM
angelsil
On Thin Ice

My understanding is that the Stamkos to Toronto stuff is very one-sided. As in Toronto *believes* that Stamkos wants to play for them and that he'll come home just because. I hear this all the time from fans with no real basis other than he grew up here. Well, so did Subban. and Tavares. and a ton of other players I could name. That doesn't mean they'll end up playing on the Leafs.

I'm not at all sure that Stamkos will stay in Tampa if the team isn't competitive the next few seasons, but I highly doubt he'll end up on the Leafs just because it's his hometown. Maybe when he's near the end of his career, but not in a few years.

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 08:46 AM
DFC

Quote:
I am basing the ten on no one getting 8.5 till stamkos gets his deal or over 8.5 Time will tell just think with the canadian dollar and guys like kane and toews coming up and taking good deals it should stay close to where we are right now 7 ish for another two years.
I think Chicago will find a way to give Toews very close to 10.

The Kessel deal really changed what a franchise player will make in the future, because he's seen as a borderline franchise player. In a world where Kessel makes 8, Stamkos makes 10.

Old
05-26-2014, 08:54 AM
ultra63

Unfortunately the broken leg aftereffects may reduce his play by 5-10%. We'll see if he gets another Richard.

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 08:56 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
I think Chicago will find a way to give Toews very close to 10.

The Kessel deal really changed what a franchise player will make in the future, because he's seen as a borderline franchise player. In a world where Kessel makes 8, Stamkos makes 10.
If you noticed no one has went that high this year? Argue wise is a few players with Kessel's pedigree etc.. Just cause Toronto are idiots doesnt make every other GM that way.

I do not see Toews demanding ten myself. That will break up the core. Someone will have to go and if they are still winning think he will play fair or do a bridge till expansion hits so he can get paid then. Kane has to be resigned too so I really believe they do not max out chicago. I would love for them to max them out though cause hate chicago lol.

I have always wondered on stamkos if does a 2-3 year or 5 year deal not a full one so can get the more money when expansion is in?

Subban's deal is gonna dictate a lot not sure who is coming up next year to push the envelope. If toews got ten stamkos could get 12.

Old
05-26-2014, 08:58 AM
robertguess2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
Unfortunately the broken leg aftereffects may reduce his play by 5-10%. We'll see if he gets another Richard.
WAT?

His only issue was in his head. He will begin to trust leg might not even be all of next year but the year after? Ya he will be the best player in the game.

I think this upcoming year he will be close to best player.

2015-2016 he runs away as the best player in the game.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:41 AM
DFC

Quote:
If you noticed no one has went that high this year? Argue wise is a few players with Kessel's pedigree etc.. Just cause Toronto are idiots doesnt make every other GM that way.

I do not see Toews demanding ten myself. That will break up the core. Someone will have to go and if they are still winning think he will play fair or do a bridge till expansion hits so he can get paid then. Kane has to be resigned too so I really believe they do not max out chicago. I would love for them to max them out though cause hate chicago lol.

I have always wondered on stamkos if does a 2-3 year or 5 year deal not a full one so can get the more money when expansion is in?

Subban's deal is gonna dictate a lot not sure who is coming up next year to push the envelope. If toews got ten stamkos could get 12.
Players haven't signed those kinds of deals yet because the cap went down coming into this season. And yet still players wound up making way, way more than anyone thought they were worth. That trend is going to continue.

Also, Toews is a top 5 player, and you can make the argument that no single player in the league is more important to his team.

Whatever you think of the Kessel deal, it'll be used as a comparable for all future deals. Kessel is a GREAT player. But he's not a top-5 player in the league. He's probably not a top-20 player when you consider defensemen and goalies. And he got 8 million.

Every agent in the league licked his lips when that happened. Kessel is a consistent 30+ goal guy, a huge rarity, but there are guys out there who consistently score 40+. And we happen to have a guy who consistently scores 50. There's no way Stammer's agent doesn't look at Kessel's 8 million and says "We need significantly more than that."

Old
06-03-2014, 04:26 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...worlds/2182679
Quote:
On his new contract: "It's awesome. It's awesome we were able to negotiate so fast, It worked out really well well, hopefully both sides are happy, I for sure am, I can't wait for the future in Tampa. It's something I always wanted to get done so for it to get done so quickly, put my mind at rest and move foward."
Quote:
On his Worlds experience: "It was an awesome experience. It was something that really helped me as a player, it's a completely different kind of competition, playing with different players, you don't have the chemistry you have in a regular season, don't have that time to come together. Fortunately I was wiith a great group of guys. We came up a little short, but I thought the team showed a lot of character. Kept battling the entire time. It was a lot of fun doing that, it was a great experience to meet those guys you play against on a nightly basis and now build friendships with them. Hopefully I get to do that more often."
Quote:
On how the tournament improved his game:"I thought decision making was big, because the ice is so big," Johnson said. "You can't really necessarily play the North American game where you dump and chase and work hard. You have to play a smarter game, a chess match in a way knowing where to dump the puck. You may not even necessarily have the support you would because it's so big and want to spread it out."
Quote:
On facing Lightning G prospect Andrei Vasilevskiy: "He plays extremely well," Johnson said. "He had some really big saves. For a young goalie he was very calm and collected in the net, and had a great tournament. It was funny, after the game we came up to each other and he said, 'See you in Tampa.' I didn't even know he knew English."

Old
06-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Alivesi

three more years of that

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:29 PM
DFC

Bold prediction: Tyjo scores >5 shorties this season, beating last year's mark.

Old
06-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Lightningfan24
Para Para Paradise

Quote:
Bold prediction: Tyjo scores >5 shorties this season, beating last year's mark.
I only saw the most recent one he had was awesome. I just love short handed goals, feel you should get a + 2 rating from scoring one. lol.

Lightningfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Gooch

I just went to this here in my town http://www.frontiericearena.org/HOCKEYFEST.html

Tyler grew up in this area. I had my 6 year old out there for the johnny hockey skills clinic, Tyler was out there with the coaches and fully engaged and leading some of the drills. It was fantastic to get that kind of attention from a current and very good NHL'er... for free. The whole day was devoted to charity in helping local kids afford to be able to play hockey. I was extremely impressed with how he gave his time up for locals here. He made a new fan.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:39 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I just went to this here in my town http://www.frontiericearena.org/HOCKEYFEST.html

Tyler grew up in this area. I had my 6 year old out there for the johnny hockey skills clinic, Tyler was out there with the coaches and fully engaged and leading some of the drills. It was fantastic to get that kind of attention from a current and very good NHL'er... for free. The whole day was devoted to charity in helping local kids afford to be able to play hockey. I was extremely impressed with how he gave his time up for locals here. He made a new fan.

So Brenden Morrow was there too? How did Brenden look there was a scrimmage of some of the retired players etc..?? What was the event or was it just a skills thing?

Old
07-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Gooch

Quote:
So Brenden Morrow was there too? How did Brenden look there was a scrimmage of some of the retired players etc..?? What was the event or was it just a skills thing?
It was an all day thing starting with an open skate, the skills camp, then sticks and pucks for older kids and then after that was the game they were charging for with all the former and current players mentioned. I was there only for the skills clinic for my son. I was thinking about sticking around for the game but they were sold out.

So no, I didnt get to see anyone else there. Though to be honest, being a penguins fan Brendan Morrow evokes bad feelings as it's a reminder of a horrible trade and just overall everything that was wrong with the way the team was managed at both the GM and Coach level.

I think though this might be an every year thing now. Russ Courtnall and Adam Deadmarsh live in this area along with Tyler and they're the ones who really organized this. They seem to be really determined for hockey to take root here in Northern Idaho. They couldve easily of done this in Spokane which is only 30 minutes away at a much roomier facility but they instead did it at this tiny rink where it might hold 200 people at most with folding chairs on every piece of floor space.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote