HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Gear

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM
  #76
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
If you have the money to spend and want to celebrate the accomplishment, it isn't throwing it away.
I just dont understand it. What happens if the Rangers win the cup in 2 weeks? Is that ECF shirt ever going to see the light of day again? Or will it just be replaced by an even more expensive Cup Champs shirt?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:03 PM
  #77
asphyXy
Registered User
 
asphyXy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 255
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
This post is hilarious.

I bought a couple, my head is small so it's a little big on me. It's a stretch fit, so unless you have a Goliath head, it should fit fine.
My hat size is 8.5. No stretch fit hat in existence has ever fit me. I have a baseball cap from bighatstore.com. My 94 hat is a dust collector. My demographic seems to be forgotten with this type of gear.

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
  #78
Gardner McKay
Moderator
R.I.P. Parabola
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I just dont understand it. What happens if the Rangers win the cup in 2 weeks? Is that ECF shirt ever going to see the light of day again? Or will it just be replaced by an even more expensive Cup Champs shirt?
It will be added into the rotation. Why do you worry about what every one else does? Worry about yourself. I could careless if I spend $300 on ECF gear and then another $500 on SCF gear (if they win). This is the only sports team I truly care about (Jets and Yankees are way below). Every penny will be damn well spent and every shirt/hat/etc. will be proudly worn.

__________________
--But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last, the promise has been made. --
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
  #79
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
It will be added into the rotation. Why do you worry about what every one else does? Worry about yourself. I could careless if I spend $300 on ECF gear and then another $500 on SCF gear (if they win). This is the only sports team I truly care about (Jets and Yankees are way below). Every penny will be damn well spent and every shirt/hat/etc. will be proudly worn.
The only reason I even approach caring is because your cash will be used as a negotiating pawn by the league and the PA at a later date.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
  #80
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The only reason I even approach caring is because your cash will be used as a negotiating pawn by the league and the PA at a later date.
So you really think by preaching this you're going to make a difference? You know what, I like the stuff I bought. Regardless of if we win the cup or not (in the case of a win, I"ll go on another shopping spree) I'm very happy with the products I purchased.

If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.

This sport is a business, I"m smart enough to understand that. No matter how much they're making, they're entitled to fight for what they think they deserve. While that may effect my enjoyment occasionally, I can live with it. Clearly you're struggling with that.

I save more money then most people on this planet, if I choose to spend 40 bucks on a dumb hat, I'll gladly do so.

This playoff run is something I've never witnessed and won't ever forget. If I want a few mementos who are you to criticize me?

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:25 PM
  #81
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
My hat size is 8.5. No stretch fit hat in existence has ever fit me. I have a baseball cap from bighatstore.com. My 94 hat is a dust collector. My demographic seems to be forgotten with this type of gear.
Is there a billboard demographic.

Sorry I am sure you heard every joke in the book. I have a big head myself but not even close to yours @ 7 3/4. Hang in there, I used to not be able to find sneakers growing up, now they're nothing. With the way kids are getting bigger and bigger, they're going to have 9" hats in the not too distant future.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
  #82
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
My hat size is 8.5. No stretch fit hat in existence has ever fit me. I have a baseball cap from bighatstore.com. My 94 hat is a dust collector. My demographic seems to be forgotten with this type of gear.
Great post. I'll buy that 94' hat off you if you want

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
  #83
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
So you really think by preaching this you're going to make a difference? You know what, I like the stuff I bought. Regardless of if we win the cup or not (in the case of a win, I"ll go on another shopping spree) I'm very happy with the products I purchased.

If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.

This sport is a business, I"m smart enough to understand that. No matter how much they're making, they're entitled to fight for what they think they deserve. While that may effect my enjoyment occasionally, I can live with it. Clearly you're struggling with that.

I save more money then most people on this planet, if I choose to spend 40 bucks on a dumb hat, I'll gladly do so.

This playoff run is something I've never witnessed and won't ever forget. If I want a few mementos who are you to criticize me?
jeez, why the hell do people care so much what other people do? worry about your own freaking business. i bought an EC champions t-shirt and wore it proudly around the city this weekend. got a lot of let's go Rangers cheers too.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:38 PM
  #84
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Not hating on anybody who buys the conference champ stuff, it's just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't wear a conference champ anything if A: They won the cup or B: The lost the cup.
haha.

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:43 PM
  #85
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Not hating on anybody who buys the conference champ stuff, it's just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't wear a conference champ anything if A: They won the cup or B: The lost the cup.
haha.
Personally, I'm really proud of this team. Even if they lose, I'll gladly wear that stuff around with pride.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
  #86
asphyXy
Registered User
 
asphyXy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 255
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Great post. I'll buy that 94' hat off you if you want
Hah. It's serving its purpose at the moment atop my CRT TV. I was seven in 1994, and I never thought I'd outgrow a one size fits all cap. Luckily, I'm more of a T-shirt guy anyway.

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  #87
Gardner McKay
Moderator
R.I.P. Parabola
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The only reason I even approach caring is because your cash will be used as a negotiating pawn by the league and the PA at a later date.
I could give zero ***** about what the league and PA use my cash for. If I buy the merchandise I will do what I please. Not every one is as cynical when it comes to money and as critical of other people as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
So you really think by preaching this you're going to make a difference? You know what, I like the stuff I bought. Regardless of if we win the cup or not (in the case of a win, I"ll go on another shopping spree) I'm very happy with the products I purchased.

If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.

This sport is a business, I"m smart enough to understand that. No matter how much they're making, they're entitled to fight for what they think they deserve. While that may effect my enjoyment occasionally, I can live with it. Clearly you're struggling with that.

I save more money then most people on this planet, if I choose to spend 40 bucks on a dumb hat, I'll gladly do so.

This playoff run is something I've never witnessed and won't ever forget. If I want a few mementos who are you to criticize me?
To the first bolded Perfectly said.


Regarding the second bolded... Exactly. I was 6 years old in 1994. I have very, very few memories of it.

I have a job, I work my ass off for everything I have, travel 5-6 days a week some times, all to make the money I do. If I want to spend $5, $50, or $500 on ECF gear, I will do it and sure as hell don't need unwarranted, cynical, and jaded opinions.



Also, to get back to the main point of the thread. Is there any gear in stock yet?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
  #88
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
The jerks bought all the "new era" hats (I really wanted one.. but not for $80!!!!) and are selling them for insane prices on ebay.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:59 PM
  #89
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
The jerks bought all the "new era" hats (I really wanted one.. but not for $80!!!!) and are selling them for insane prices on ebay.
Dude, NHL.Com has them for 32 bucks.

Google for a fan code for free shipping also.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 01:10 PM
  #90
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.
That makes perfect sense!

Enjoy your shirts.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 01:39 PM
  #91
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That makes perfect sense!

Enjoy your shirts.
Every time you watch, you're helping their ratings, which are used in negotiations. Every time you go to a game, same thing. Every time you buy merch, same thing.

In fact, I'd easily argue that the ratings and the new, lucrative agreements with Rogers & NBC play a significantly more vital part in the discussions.

So complain all you want, but those ratings that you're a part of are probably #2 to attendance. In fact, they may be #1.

It's extremely hypocritical for you to complain about people buying merch in regards to "labor stoppages" while you're sitting in front of your TV, for most of the games.

Don't preach to people about buying stuff until you've literally forfeited the sport as a whole. At that point, I might take your point seriously.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
  #92
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,068
vCash: 500
I really, truly dislike that hat design, but the shirt is real nice.

Having said that, I'm personally gonna hold out for the champions gear.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:44 PM
  #93
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,050
vCash: 500
In 2006 I decided not to buy a NFC championship hat, when the Seahawks made it to the Superbowl. This year I did, and guess what happened?

So, I decided to buy the Rangers Eastern conference championship hat. We'll see what happens.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:55 AM
  #94
Who OwnsDaChiefs
Registered User
 
Who OwnsDaChiefs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone else find the official hat design to be pretty crappy? I have to tilt my head to read part of the design, and it doesn't say "2014" anywhere on the hat. Really diggin the clubhouse shirt though.
I hear you. It's kind of cookie cutter too since the Westen Conf Champs hat is the same. I figured they just slapped the logo on when the teams made it at the end of the game. I remember seeing McDonagh's hat's logo looking like it was peeling off during his locker room interview afte the game.

Who OwnsDaChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 01:06 PM
  #95
LORENZO
Registered User
 
LORENZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: England
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Nhl store has ECC hat worn for the team picture, so don't go paying eBay prices.

LORENZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 02:25 PM
  #96
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
posted this in the jersey thread really need some input here...

I want a Hank home blue cup finals jersey possibly authentic and I just want a regular 3rd jersey of Chris Kreider. I was at Game 4 and 6. They had like 3 or 4 Kreider jerseys both games it seems and one was a white authentic which I didnt want. The other was a home blue one 2 sizes too big. Plus I get 15% off. Off topic but why was there absolutely Barely any Kreider or Hank jerseys throughout MSG the past 2 games. Jesus I was even thinking of just going to MSG tomorrow or Thurs just to buy a jersey lol.

Suggestions? does MSG have the best quality jerseys compared to other websites? Also do they have the best authentic jerseys as well? Or is my best bet ordering from NHL.com,sportsk,coolhockey,icejerseys.. Those are about the only other places I know. Although I never tried the NHL store in the city I think I usually just see authentic havent been there in 2-3 years.

Please guys any help would be greatly appreciated! LETS GO RANGERS!

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 02:35 PM
  #97
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Fyi if anyone is still looking. I Found locker room east champ hats at modell's in Hamilton, nj. Had one left on display but may have more. Good luck

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
  #98
msgminus
Registered User
 
msgminus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
This post is hilarious.

I bought a couple, my head is small so it's a little big on me. It's a stretch fit, so unless you have a Goliath head, it should fit fine.
That hurt my feelings a little

Anywho hat found and fits, if just barely, at the NHL store. Better still I found a printable coupon for 15% off so it was just under $55 for two (take that eBay!)

Coupon: http://www.cityguideny.com/quickcoupon2.cfm?id=1612

msgminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:48 PM
  #99
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask this since it's been a long time since I've purchased team championship merchandise. I went to my local Modell's to look at the shirts and how come a lot of them have the Reebok logo screen printed on the shirt but the inner collar tag is a different manufacturer, like the brands you see sold at Telco? The locker room t-shirt by Majestic did have the mountain (or whatever that is) logo so those were good, but the ones with the players name and numerals with the Stanley Cup logo on the shoulder were like that. Also, the quality of the screen print didn't look so good, very faded in my opinion as the red appeared more like pink. Is it common for the shirts to have the brands name logos but the brand of the shirt is an unknown company? Can some of you please check on this at your Modell's and tell me if you see the same?

rangerstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 07:03 PM
  #100
srsly989
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask this since it's been a long time since I've purchased team championship merchandise. I went to my local Modell's to look at the shirts and how come a lot of them have the Reebok logo screen printed on the shirt but the inner collar tag is a different manufacturer, like the brands you see sold at Telco? The locker room t-shirt by Majestic did have the mountain (or whatever that is) logo so those were good, but the ones with the players name and numerals with the Stanley Cup logo on the shoulder were like that. Also, the quality of the screen print didn't look so good, very faded in my opinion as the red appeared more like pink. Is it common for the shirts to have the brands name logos but the brand of the shirt is an unknown company? Can some of you please check on this at your Modell's and tell me if you see the same?
Oh wow, you're right. I bought a St. Louis shirt with the Final logo just today at Modells and yep, the tag inside is Alstyle, and sticker says Reebok. Compared to the other shirts I have, it's definitely a different, more bright (pinkish) color!

srsly989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.