HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tootoo suspended 5 games....

Old
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
FissionFire

vCash: 500
People here act like it's breaking news that the "results dictate the severity" in the NHL world. It's always been that way.

Smokey said it right, Simon had the WORST incident but got off the lightest compared to Bertuzzi/McSorley - all because Hollweg didn't get a crushed windpipe or career-threatening concussion.

Should Tootoo have been suspended? Yes, you don't just lash out at people you "think" are going to do things. 1-2 games would have been perfect. You drop the gloves and settle it. That's how hockey in the NHL works. He's an effectivce fighter, but acts too much like a woosified figure-skater when players react to him. 5 games? Excessive, but only happens because Tootoo's punch resulted in an injury.

That being said, glad he'll be out for the Wings game. He's come far too close to causing some serious injuries to my team his season and I'm just trying to get to the playoffs healthy.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
Tootoo is a marginal player with a limited skill set why would Modano even waste his time?
To stand up for his teammate? I don't care who did it, Modano shouldn't be so soft about it. Tootoo was ready to drop 'em. Mikey Mo doesn't have to throw down, but he could always attempt to do with Robidas wanted to do and carry on a conversation with him.

Instead, he looked almost scared of Jordin, which is sad because he has 7-8 inches on the little guy.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
To stand up for his teammate? I don't care who did it, Modano shouldn't be so soft about it. Tootoo was ready to drop 'em. Mikey Mo doesn't have to throw down, but he could always attempt to do with Robidas wanted to do and carry on a conversation with him.

Instead, he looked almost scared of Jordin, which is sad because he has 7-8 inches on the little guy.

Manute Bol has about 11 inches on just about anybody on the planet, but I wouldnt bet any of my money on him in a fight.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
Manute Bol has about 11 inches on just about anybody on the planet, but I wouldnt bet any of my money on him in a fight.
Yeah, that's a stout approach to the argument. Because Modano is built like Manute.

Size is a very valid distinguisher. Tossing out an NBA beanpole does what exactly? You want me to clarify and throw out the 20 extra pounds of body weight Modano is carrying or will you list some fat kid who weighs 350 to 'discount' my argument?

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote