HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions II

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 02:38 PM
beetee15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
He can play all three positions on the ice. He shoots left so he would look nice coming down on the weak side with Giroux. I have liked him for a while and believe we might have been linked to him before but who haven't we been linked to? He also fits in with the age group here, so I don't think Hexy would have a problem trading picks for him or players.

he'd help eliminate Hartnells dumb minor penalties on that first line
52 PIM in about 5 seasons. and 28 goals last year. wow. what would it take?

Old
06-04-2014, 02:40 PM
beetee15

made that just too piss off some rag fans around ny. id like cally but not for anything north of 4.5

Old
06-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
He can play all three positions on the ice. He shoots left so he would look nice coming down on the weak side with Giroux. I have liked him for a while and believe we might have been linked to him before but who haven't we been linked to? He also fits in with the age group here, so I don't think Hexy would have a problem trading picks for him or players.
I realize he is very young, believe me i get that. As someone who has never watched him play and only looked up his stats, why does he warrant 7m/year?

Old
06-04-2014, 02:43 PM
dookie88

Oh look, Prongo has a new man crush. ;D

Trading D for F is the last thing this team should do this summer.

Old
06-04-2014, 02:44 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetee15 View Post

made that just too piss off some rag fans around ny. id like cally but not for anything north of 4.5
Unfortunately Callahan thinks he's worth around 6/7mil a year...his stats don't support that kind of money and I would take him for 4.5mil maybe 5mil a year as well. With St.Louis and Vinny out of TB Cally will probably get his 6+mil a year.

06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
he'd help eliminate Hartnells dumb minor penalties on that first line
52 PIM in about 5 seasons. and 28 goals last year. wow. what would it take?
First, it would take him asking for too much in contract demands. If that happens, it would then take Coburn+ I think with the plus being big. I don't know how big it would have to be but he would probably be traded to the east if he were. We would lose our best defender but then would have two of the top 10 defensive forwards IMO in the league on the team. Both can produce offensively too, especially ROR.

http://www.flyersnation.net/2013/02/...n-oreilly.html

Quote:
Lavoie: "This offer does not appeal to O'Reilly clan is recognized, despite his young age, as a great leader. Compared a lot to Mike Richards or Dustin Brown."

The Avalanche want a draft pick (1st or 2nd), a young prospect, and a young established player.

Lavoie says Couturier is untouchable in the Flyers' eyes.
This was during his hold out. Have to think even with the change of guards here we would still have interest.

06-04-2014, 02:46 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Big fan of his (Callahan) but he seems to be focused on his payday (not blaming him, either) -- prices himself a bit out of what makes fiscal sense for the Flyers at this moment.

Old
06-04-2014, 02:47 PM
beetee15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Unfortunately Callahan thinks he's worth around 6/7mil a year...his stats don't support that kind of money and I would take him for 4.5mil maybe 5mil a year as well. With St.Louis and Vinny out of TB Cally will probably get his 6+mil a year.
im not too sure Cally wants to stay in Tampa.. who knows tho, i have a feeling he will be back in the metro

Old
06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
im not too sure Cally wants to stay in Tampa.. who knows tho, i have a feeling he will be back in the metro
If he gets his payday he'll stay.

Old
06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
beetee15

cally may be valuable against the rangers, and with the new playoff format i see the flyers/rangers playing eachother ALOT in the first round for the next few season. Former rags always played well against them.. like betts and even zherdev lol

Old
06-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
I realize he is very young, believe me i get that. As someone who has never watched him play and only looked up his stats, why does he warrant 7m/year?
It's mostly about his contract right now. His qualifying offer has to be 6.5 which was done on purpose by Calgary to help in their attempt Colorado wouldn't match. He probably is seeking north of that number. 64 points this year while only having 2 penalty mins and being a great defensive forward could get him that money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Oh look, Prongo has a new man crush. ;D

Trading D for F is the last thing this team should do this summer.
Hey now, I have always liked him and was very interested when he was holding out. Apparently the Flyers were too with reports from very good sources in the media. I wouldn't be surprised if he does hit the rumor mill, the Flyers would be front and center trying for him.

Old
06-04-2014, 02:51 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
cally may be valuable against the rangers, and with the new playoff format i see the flyers/rangers playing eachother ALOT in the first round for the next few season. Former rags always played well against them.. like betts and even zherdev lol
Can't see the Flyers paying Callahan big, not without unloading Vinny or Hartnell or both. Their NMC and NTC makes moving these guys very difficult.

Old
06-04-2014, 03:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
Big fan of his (Callahan) but he seems to be focused on his payday (not blaming him, either) -- prices himself a bit out of what makes fiscal sense for the Flyers at this moment.
The Rangers offered him a pretty good contract prior to the trade. I can't remember the exact number but it wasn't that far off from his asking price (I think it was a couple $100K short). He's probably kicking himself that he didn't accept it now because I doubt he gets that good an offer this summer.

He'll still get a good contract but nearly as good as that one. I'm thinking it will be somewhere around $5M/5 years. I like him but we're pretty deep at RW so there's really no need for him. He's 30 years old & plays a rough style with that small body of his so personally I would stay away because of that as well.

Old
06-04-2014, 03:02 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
His name was connected to Buffalo during the season. But I'm not sure if that was legitimate or just an easy connection since he's from Rochester, NY.

Old
06-04-2014, 03:18 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He'll still get a good contract but nearly as good as that one. I'm thinking it will be somewhere around $5M/5 years. I like him but we're pretty deep at RW so there's really no need for him. He's 30 years old & plays a rough style with that small body of his so personally I would stay away because of that as well.
Yeah same here. I worry about his style of play as well coupled with his age. If I were him, I'd be looking for that last payday to close out the career. We need LW depth not so much RW. I'm sure the Flyers will consider the case, but I don't see it making too much sense to pursue.

Old
06-04-2014, 03:19 PM
beetee15

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
His name was connected to Buffalo during the season. But I'm not sure if that was legitimate or just an easy connection since he's from Rochester, NY.
unless he really is ALL about the money I dont think he goes from a playoff team to an organization thats in a complete re-build

Old
06-04-2014, 03:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
unless he really is ALL about the money I dont think he goes from a playoff team to an organization thats in a complete re-build
Buffalo seems to want to bring in good veteran's for all these young kids there unlike Edmonton so I wouldn't rule it out. I also don't think they're going to be that bad for too long. I expect them to be very aggressive next offseason after the draft.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

I wonder what a player like Marc Methot might get on the market next year? He is someone I would love to acquire from the Sens or shoot for him in UFA

Old
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM
kolankosf

I'd love to pick up Richards again if he gets bought out by LA.... But I'm sure there would be a lot more teams willing to throw a lot more money and term at him than the Flyers would. Getting Richards would necessitate the trade of B schenn and likely Vinny. This would also force Laughton to the fourth line for years to come if he were to C. As much as I'd like to see this lineup, I doubt it would happen and we'd have to run D on the cheap:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Laughton - Richards - Simmonds
Akeson - Couturier - Read
Raffl - Lecavalier - Hall

Streit - Coburn
MacD - Schenn
Alt - Hagg
Lauridsen

Mason
Emery/Heeter/Montoya

Although, you could probably get some other decent pieces on the FA market like Ian White who's still young, RH shot and played a ton of games.

Although Jaden Schwartz or ROR sounds nice, same with Michael Grabner or Carl Hagelin

Old
06-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolankosf View Post
I'd love to pick up Richards again if he gets bought out by LA.... But I'm sure there would be a lot more teams willing to throw a lot more money and term at him than the Flyers would. Getting Richards would necessitate the trade of B schenn and likely Vinny. This would also force Laughton to the fourth line for years to come if he were to C. As much as I'd like to see this lineup, I doubt it would happen and we'd have to run D on the cheap:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Laughton - Richards - Simmonds
Akeson - Couturier - Read
Raffl - Lecavalier - Hall

Streit - Coburn
MacD - Schenn
Alt - Hagg
Lauridsen

Mason
Emery/Heeter/Montoya

Although, you could probably get some other decent pieces on the FA market like Ian White who's still young, RH shot and played a ton of games.

Although Jaden Schwartz or ROR sounds nice, same with Michael Grabner or Carl Hagelin
Have you watched Richards much this year? He is not a top 6 option anymore

He would be better slotted in Vinny's #4 spot

Old
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
hockeyfreak7

I honestly wouldn't mind bringing Richards back if the price is low enough. As in, not even above 3.5m.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Couturier-Read
Hartnell-Richards-Simmonds
Rasmussen-Laughton-Raffl

Sign me up. He'd be playing some real easy minutes, and would just have to focus on the simple things (which he can still be good at).

Old
06-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Get back Richards and get rid of Schenn? The Schenn hate is at an all time high level of stupidity. Schenn going anywhere for other than an overpayment would be a mistake...

This'll tickle Beefs spidey senses.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Have you watched Richards much this year? He is not a top 6 option anymore

He would be better slotted in Vinny's #4 spot
Its true. Richards has no impact on the game whatsoever. I would rather play a young guy who is cheaper and has a better future.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:47 PM
The Rage Kage

And how does getting Richards match what hextall said in saying he wants to stay young right now?

Old
06-04-2014, 05:48 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind bringing Richards back if the price is low enough. As in, not even above 3.5m.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Couturier-Read
Hartnell-Richards-Simmonds
Rasmussen-Laughton-Raffl

Sign me up. He'd be playing some real easy minutes, and would just have to focus on the simple things (which he can still be good at).

Not half bad.

Closed Thread