Quick had one of his easiest nights of this year's playoffs. The only silver lining was that he was still fighting off pucks despite a not so heavy workload. Get to him in Game 2 and this could still be a series.
This one will be over quickly if the team doesn't get their heads out of you know where.
Everyone is going to make Girardi into a scapegoat but they shouldn't. Yeah, he ****ed that OT but all 3 goals - I believe - were the result of someone making a boneheaded play.
Also, you can't hang your head too high when the opposition gets 20 shots in the 3rd to your 3.
Just overall dumb play making. Why are they making so many stupid hard passes from the side to the crease or close-by when I don't think we scored a goal that way in these playoffs? Just the dumb standing around and waiting for the puck to get to a player, which allowed a Kings player to cause havoc.
Girardi can go **** off back to Canada and take Staal with him, disgusting performance from both. It's the ****ing cup, play like it! Wouldn't be opposed to dealing Staal and giving some of his UFA money to Stralman, he'll be substantially less and if the difference is being able to sign Moore or Boyle, it might be worth it.
What does the country of birth have to do with anything?
Girardi and Staal had me worried damn near all game. Seriously. Was settled down way more by even Klein and especially Stralman.
We stopped skating. We stopped shooting. Pierre even said AV was yelling at them to skate and they just NEVER did, but on HIS behalf he should've really stapled Stepan and Richards' ***** to the bench and continued playing the guys who were flying and trying. Unbelievable how they sat back and pissed this game away. More unbelivable still was how they had chances to come back but never did, and continued to make just AWFUL giveaways time and time again.
But let's all just blame the ice and forget that we were outshot by almost a 2:1 ratio, didn't even bother showing up in the third period, sucked ass on the powerplay again, and completely fumbled any rare opportunities that we did have to score.
No. It's all because of the ice.
The power play moved the puck really well and had some good chances. The Kings PP was 1000000x worse.
(1) Stepan checking his twitter account, paying some bills, reading the news, then deciding to turn the puck over; or
(2) Watching Nash have 2-3 feet on a defender, stop, wheel backwards on a 3-1 and lose the puck; or
(3) Watching richards blast weak slapper after weak slapper at the high point on the powerplay with no real scoring threat, not to mention just watching him muck through the ice all game 4-5 strides behind EVERY OTHER PLAYER ON THE ICE; or
(4) Watching staal do whatever it is he is doing on the ice. It's painful; or
(5) Watching girardi belly flop and cough the puck up for a 3-0 against hank.
If this is what we can expect for the next week or so LA sweeps us, plain and simple.