HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Gear

Old
06-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
I noticed that too when I bought my Zuccarello tee today. Definitely a brighter red for the lettering

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsly989 View Post
Oh wow, you're right. I bought a St. Louis shirt with the Final logo just today at Modells and yep, the tag inside is Alstyle, and sticker says Reebok. Compared to the other shirts I have, it's definitely a different, more bright (pinkish) color!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG View Post
I noticed that too when I bought my Zuccarello tee today. Definitely a brighter red for the lettering
Yes, that is the name of the inner collar tag! Some of the screen prints also looked a little blurry on the shirt, I'm guessing these were done quickly for production. Is this common though to have another brand's name on the inner collar? Whenever I bought championship merchandise in the past, the inner collar always matched the manufacturer, be it Starter, Majestic, Pro Player, etc.

rangerstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 08:32 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Yes, that is the name of the inner collar tag! Some of the screen prints also looked a little blurry on the shirt, I'm guessing these were done quickly for production. Is this common though to have another brand's name on the inner collar? Whenever I bought championship merchandise in the past, the inner collar always matched the manufacturer, be it Starter, Majestic, Pro Player, etc.
Yeah I've seen it in the past. I remember the Giants Super Bowl champs shirts said Reebok on them (they were still the NFL's merchandise brand at the time) though they were made by that same cheap brand you see on these shirts.

06-03-2014, 08:57 PM
srsly989

Quote:
That makes sense. But I cant really say the quality is bad, it feels just like the other shirts.

srsly989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:50 PM
nhnyr88

Quote:
When I was at the store I could tell something was off about the name and number shirts. Right away I could tell the shade of red was different but that doesn't bother me. They had 2 Zuccarello tees in my size and I bought the second because something about the finals logo didn't look right on the first one. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the Alstyle tag as well. I'm not that picky though and if I only had one Zucc shirt to choose from I would have grabbed that one anyway.

nhnyr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 01:30 AM
pucksoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgminus View Post
That hurt my feelings a little

Anywho hat found and fits, if just barely, at the NHL store. Better still I found a printable coupon for 15% off so it was just under $55 for two (take that eBay!)

Coupon: http://www.cityguideny.com/quickcoupon2.cfm?id=1612
FYI: you don't need to print the coupon if you can pull up the link on your phone. I happened to find the same link online and used it at the NHL store today. They just need to see the code in order to apply it to your order.

For Modell's, you can use this coupon for 15% off your purchase (no need to print, just pull it up on your phone and show them the code):

http://o.rmncdn.com/thumbs/printable...BKZJQO56NM.png

NHL Store had some awesome navy blue player hoodies (kangaroo pocket pullover - Hank, Brass, STL, Mac, Zuc, Kreider, Hags) that they seemed to be unpacking while I was there this evening just before closing. Stanley Cup Final screen hit on the shoulder. $65, but $55 w/ tax after I used the coupon.

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
alright so I have a Drury home jersey(lol), Staal away jersey, Zucc player tee, Avery player tee, Stepan player tee, and Hank player tee.. I'm prob getting another home jersey with the SCF patch on it... thinking Hagelin,Kreider, or even Brassard

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 10:17 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Sorry for this dumb question, but why do the Rangers wear their Stanley Cup Finals patch on their shoulders, not like the way the Kings wear theirs?

Old
06-05-2014, 10:19 AM
LORENZO

Doesn't fit above the "rangers"

LORENZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 10:20 AM
rangerstown
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post
Doesn't fit above the "rangers"
Thanks LORENZO. How come they can't place it around the left breast area?

Old
06-05-2014, 10:25 AM
gmerger37

Quote:
Thanks LORENZO. How come they can't place it around the left breast area?
That's where captain/assistant captain letters go.

gmerger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG View Post
alright so I have a Drury home jersey(lol), Staal away jersey, Zucc player tee, Avery player tee, Stepan player tee, and Hank player tee.. I'm prob getting another home jersey with the SCF patch on it... thinking Hagelin,Kreider, or even Brassard
Me too, but I'd wait until the seasons over and we see who we re-sign. It's possible we could lose some of those guys.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

If anyone in the Watchung, NJ area still wants a locker room ECF hat, Modells on 22 still has a couple left. Just picked one up.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 12:12 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

Was at the Centereach Modells just now. They had tons of everything for anyone out in Suffolk.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

I think conference champion gear is the biggest scam in the world.

If your team wins, it's junk because you can go buy stanley cup champion gear.

If your team loses, are you really going to want to wear the conference champ gear anymore?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 04:29 AM
mike14

sending your money to a Nigerian 'prince' is the biggest scam in the world, buying ECF gear is the same as buying any other sports merch

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:09 AM
thechrisformatNYR

So... when does this stuff go on sale?

thechrisformatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:31 AM
TeamStewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisformatNYR View Post
It was already on sale yesterday at the Modells that I went too. I was pissed because all they had left were smalls and 4x.

TeamStewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:33 AM
TeamStewie

Quote:
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask this since it's been a long time since I've purchased team championship merchandise. I went to my local Modell's to look at the shirts and how come a lot of them have the Reebok logo screen printed on the shirt but the inner collar tag is a different manufacturer, like the brands you see sold at Telco? The locker room t-shirt by Majestic did have the mountain (or whatever that is) logo so those were good, but the ones with the players name and numerals with the Stanley Cup logo on the shoulder were like that. Also, the quality of the screen print didn't look so good, very faded in my opinion as the red appeared more like pink. Is it common for the shirts to have the brands name logos but the brand of the shirt is an unknown company? Can some of you please check on this at your Modell's and tell me if you see the same?

Luckily when I got mine yesterday they had the old style Reebok shirts which were a much brighter blue than the new ones. I really don't care too much about the Stanley Cup logo not being on it.

TeamStewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:00 PM
mookrangers

I have an Eastern Conference locker room hat that I haven't worn, bought at NHL Store but never planned on wearing it was just going to put it away with other collectibles if we won. I doubt anyone is looking for one at this point, but I'm going to take it back to the NHL Store to get my money back. If someone on here wants it for the 32 dollars it cost, let me know

mookrangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:08 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisformatNYR View Post
Yea I went to the Modells at Grand Central yesterday. So pissed I bought an EC Champions T-shirt and SCF program.

Picked up a two shirts for ten bucks, the youth shirts were 5 and got the SCF program for 5 bucks (my second). Also picked up a patch for 7 bucks and a conf. Champions hat for 10.

Everything was on sale. I'm gonna go back next week and see if they got even cheaper. They had show many player shirts for like 25 Bucks, guys like Carcillo, D. Moore, etc. I imagine those won't sell and will be on the sale racks quite soon as well.

There entire store was Rangers basically, at least at the front, with some world cup **** mixed in. I'd imagine that won't last past this week with the finals over.

NYC can go back to ignoring us now.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:16 PM
thechrisformatNYR

Thanks all... since I'm not in NYC, any chance of this stuff going on sale online as well?

thechrisformatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Anyone have any connections in africa to get a rangers stanley cup champions shirt?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Yea I went to the Modells at Grand Central yesterday. So pissed I bought an EC Champions T-shirt and SCF program.

Picked up a two shirts for ten bucks, the youth shirts were 5 and got the SCF program for 5 bucks (my second). Also picked up a patch for 7 bucks and a conf. Champions hat for 10.

Everything was on sale. I'm gonna go back next week and see if they got even cheaper. They had show many player shirts for like 25 Bucks, guys like Carcillo, D. Moore, etc. I imagine those won't sell and will be on the sale racks quite soon as well.

There entire store was Rangers basically, at least at the front, with some world cup **** mixed in. I'd imagine that won't last past this week with the finals over.

NYC can go back to ignoring us now.
Did they have any of the locker room hats? I'd consider getting one if it was on sale just to keep as a collectible.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Anyone have any connections in africa to get a rangers stanley cup champions shirt?
I am close personal friends with Joseph Kony.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote