HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospects Stats/Info/Articles (PLAYOFF STATS)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yeah, but, what about Berglund?
Still don't like him

I'm saving my biggest brag about having Jordan Staal at #1 for June

Old
03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Ola

Quote:
Yeah, but, what about Berglund?
Berglund is IMO a hit or miss type of prospect, there are many who thinks otherwise, but I either think he will be really good, maybe better then Zetterberg, or that he will run into a wall.

Berglund got great size, and moves really well for a player that big, but he also got the gift that he can do everything at a really high tempo, he excells at a really high tempo.

But at the same time, I belive that he must be able to dominate with his skating to get involved enough in the offensive game. And there is a question mark wheter he will be able to do that in the NHL.

Its a thrill to watch him in the AllSwedish league. But its only in situations where he gets the puck on his stick, with speed, facing the other teams net, that he is a outstanding player. He is not the type who comes back and skates the puck out of trouble, or someone who takes a pass standing still and goes from there in the offensive zone. He kind of reminds me of Mike Modano. Now it looks like Modano will be a good skater well into his late 30's, but Modano otherwise is the type of player that once he aren't among the best skaters on the ice, won't be able to contribute much at all, he is not like a Adam Oates who probably can go out there 50 y/o and run a PP.

Berglund needs to get his overall skilllevel to a level where he is dominant in the NHL to really flourish, and if he can do that, only the sky is the limit, if he can't, then I only see him in much smaller roles.

I would love to have Berglund in the organization, but I would think twice about trading Anisimov for him thats for sure. I think AA is a much safer prospect.

When it comes to AA I have no doubt that he would have been a high draft pick if it weren't for the russian-IIHF-NHL thing. Its ridiculos to not say that he is atleast as good as players like Alexeev, Svitov and Co who where drafter really high, or that he would be any worse then a Ryan O'Mara, Lauri Tukonen, Kyle Chipchura or Ryan Kesler, I think he at the same age are noticebly better then thoose picks. Anisimov is defenitly a quality prospect.

Old
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Berglund is IMO a hit or miss type of prospect, there are many who thinks otherwise, but I either think he will be really good, maybe better then Zetterberg, or that he will run into a wall.

Berglund got great size, and moves really well for a player that big, but he also got the gift that he can do everything at a really high tempo, he excells at a really high tempo.

But at the same time, I belive that he must be able to dominate with his skating to get involved enough in the offensive game. And there is a question mark wheter he will be able to do that in the NHL.

Its a thrill to watch him in the AllSwedish league. But its only in situations where he gets the puck on his stick, with speed, facing the other teams net, that he is a outstanding player. He is not the type who comes back and skates the puck out of trouble, or someone who takes a pass standing still and goes from there in the offensive zone. He kind of reminds me of Mike Modano. Now it looks like Modano will be a good skater well into his late 30's, but Modano otherwise is the type of player that once he aren't among the best skaters on the ice, won't be able to contribute much at all, he is not like a Adam Oates who probably can go out there 50 y/o and run a PP.

Berglund needs to get his overall skilllevel to a level where he is dominant in the NHL to really flourish, and if he can do that, only the sky is the limit, if he can't, then I only see him in much smaller roles.

I would love to have Berglund in the organization, but I would think twice about trading Anisimov for him thats for sure. I think AA is a much safer prospect.

When it comes to AA I have no doubt that he would have been a high draft pick if it weren't for the russian-IIHF-NHL thing. Its ridiculos to not say that he is atleast as good as players like Alexeev, Svitov and Co who where drafter really high, or that he would be any worse then a Ryan O'Mara, Lauri Tukonen, Kyle Chipchura or Ryan Kesler, I think he at the same age are noticebly better then thoose picks. Anisimov is defenitly a quality prospect.
Ola, if you remember back to before the draft, I was leading the charge to draft Berglund, and Bluenote would "reprimand" me for my obsession with taking the kid. Just a li'l joke, that's all.

Old
03-23-2007, 06:10 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Ivan Baranka is out for the rest of the season with the injury he suffered last Friday night in Providence

Quote:
The Pack defense has taken a major hit with the loss of two players for the season. Ivan Baranka had thumb surgery Thursday, and Jake Taylor will have shoulder surgery April 2
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Back to back season ending hand injuries for Baranka

Old
03-23-2007, 06:12 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
"Not that you ever wish for injuries, but in one way, I was hoping some of the Hartford players got more of a realistic look," Rangers assistant general manager Don Maloney said. "The Hartford recalls have been tremendous, and it's really a credit to the coaching staff. The depth of the organization has been exposed, in a positive way.

"Girardi is playing like a five-year pro, as steady and reliable as they come. If you give Callahan good ice time, he'll be a productive player. Immonen and Dubinsky have been good, Dawes is waiting his turn again, and Liffiton brought an element that we didn't have, toughness and grit. The quality of the call-ups is better than ever, and I think we're going to have at least a half-dozen guys from Hartford who are going to be regular NHL players in the next year or two, as opposed to short-term fill-ins
."

Old
03-23-2007, 06:15 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
In a classy move, the Rangers included goaltender Stephen Valiquette in the team picture though the decision already had been made to assign him to Hartford immediately after practice to accommodate Kevin Weekes' return to health. Valiquette, recalled from the Wolf Pack when Weekes sustained a sprained quad Feb. 13, started one game for the Rangers, the critical March 3, 3-2 shootout victory over the Blues
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03232007...rry_brooks.htm

Old
03-23-2007, 06:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The NCAA tourny begins today.Both games involving Rangers prospects will shown live on FSNY.Maine and Billy Ryan take on SCSU at 6pm.BU and Kenny Roche tale on MSU at 8:30pm

Old
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ivan Baranka is out for the rest of the season with the injury he suffered last Friday night in Providence

Back to back season ending hand injuries for Baranka
That really sucks.

Old
03-23-2007, 10:17 AM
NYROrtsFan

That really, really sucks regarding Baranka... Hope he starts to hold up better as time goes and makes a nice recovery towards next year.

Old
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Owen Sound beat writer predicted London to knock out OS in five games

Quote:
Overall: This series could be a lot closer than what you'd expect from a one vs. eight matchup.

Owen Sound has a history of pulling off upsets - see Kitchener last season in the first round - and this is a team that should be much better than it's eighth-place finish.

London is the more explosive team and the more consistent of the two but they've got a lot of young players in key positions, which could be risky in the playoffs.

Prediction: London in five
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/web...ports&classif=

Kane&Ganger

Old
03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
He's a two-time world junior gold medalist and was named the world's top junior defenceman at 2006 tournament. He was a first-round pick of the New York Rangers, 12th overall, in 2005. As one of the famous Staal brothers from Thunder Bay, he has appeared in Sports Illustrated and in a TSN SportsCentre commercial.

"He's pretty modest, so when you're hanging around with him, it doesn't really feel like you're around a guy with two gold medals and whatnot," McQuaid says
http://www.thesudburystar.com/webapp...ports&classif=

Old
03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Damn, Baranka going down again with an injury.

Old
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
03/23/2007 Andrew Gallant (G) Hartford ADD Signed to ATO
03/23/2007 Andrew Gallant (G) Hartford Added
Gallant played at Manhattanville which is in Purchase,NY

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=9168&gender=m

Old
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gallant played at Manhattanville which is in Purchase,NY

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=9168&gender=m
Stats:

26GP (19-2-5) .928 save % - 1.91 GAA

Don't go crazy with the stats though, he wasn't even playing in a D1 school.

Old
03-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Stats:

26GP (19-2-5) .928 save % - 1.91 GAA

Don't go crazy with the stats though, he wasn't even playing in a D1 school.
I HAVE actually heard good things about him, mainly intangibles that you'd want to see in a prospect, and wasn't he at our camp not that long ago?

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

At our pick, in the mid teens, I think we have to go with Dana Tyrell or Riley Nash if guys like Sweatt, Petrecki, and a few others are gone. Tyrell's game is just OOZING with potential. Small, cagey, with a nose for the net and a great shot. Same thing with Nash, just that I feel Tyrell is definitely better.

Both have the intangibles the Rangers have been trying to build around, also.

Tyrell is a teammate of Eric Hunter up in Prince George.

Old
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Nich

do you think sutter might be around in the teens? and where is hammll ranked?

Old
03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
do you think sutter might be around in the teens? and where is hammll ranked?
I am NOT a fan of ZH at all. I'd avoid him.

Sutter should be available then, but I just like Tyrell more.

Old
03-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Ola, if you remember back to before the draft, I was leading the charge to draft Berglund, and Bluenote would "reprimand" me for my obsession with taking the kid. Just a li'l joke, that's all.
Actually, he did look good at the WJC this year, so i've calmed my distain for him a bit, but i agree with Ola's post here, he's still a wildcard at this point.

Old
03-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I am NOT a fan of ZH at all. I'd avoid him.

Sutter should be available then, but I just like Tyrell more.
I bet Sutter's stock rises, lots of old school guys doing these picks and they remember the name Sutter & Gillies very well. Those guys will go higher than what people are saying right now.

I don't care for Hamill either.

Old
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
NYROrtsFan

Pack just scored to make it 1 - 0. Goal was scored by Weller but the play was all Dubinsky.

Jessiman has had a couple good chances to score and Korpi is flying.

Old
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
NYROrtsFan

2-0 on a breakaway goal by Dubinsky. Dubinsky just skating with a ton of confidence here... Looks like a level above.

The Pack playing well though. Korpi shows a lot of offensive ability.

Old
03-23-2007, 07:08 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
2-0 on a breakaway goal by Dubinsky. Dubinsky just skating with a ton of confidence here... Looks like a level above.

The AHL must seem like slow motion after the high-intensity stuff he just went through.

Old
03-23-2007, 07:12 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

i love hearing things like this.....

Old
03-23-2007, 07:15 PM
NYROrtsFan

Unfortunately 2-1 now... Degon had a chance to clear but really just gave it away. Tried to make something out of a situation where nothing was there.

Pack are on the penalty kill now too... Interference call i believe on Moore.

Closed Thread