HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Reorder the 1991 first round

Old
03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superpie View Post
I wish the Sharks would of picked Forsberg, Neids, Kovlalev...but they drafted Faloon....Feel bad for the Isles too they drafted Scott Lachance
Faloon had a great offensive gift, but the problem was that SJ brought him up right away and did not allow him to spend a year in the minor in order to work on his defensive side of his game. Drew Remenda always said that his greatest regret when he was an assistant coach with the Sharks is that they rushed Faloon to the big club and that really hurt his chances to be a truly great player.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Atlas

Pat Peake was to be a terrific NHL 1st line player. Probably as a right winger that scored around 35 goals a year. He played his heart out but got himself injured in a host of ways. It was a good draft pick that didn't work out for the team or the player. His career pretty well ended when he tried to beat a D man to an icing and turned his foot into macaroni. I have a lot of respect for that kid and we're all sorry it didn't work out for him in D.C.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:15 AM
bigsick

1 QUE Lindros
2 SJ Niedermayer
3 NJ (TOR) Forsberg
4 NYI Naslund
5 WPG Kovalev
6 PHA Peake
7 VAN Rolston
8 MIN Murray
9 HFD Rucinsky
10 DET Boucher
11 NJ Lapointe
12 EDM McAmmond
13 BUF Mativichuk
14 WAS Ward
15 NYR Falloon
16 PGH Lachance
17 MTL Poulin
18 BOS Wright
19 CGY Stojanov
20 EDM (LA) Halverson
21 WAS (STL) Sunblad
22 CHI Bilodeau

The injuries to Lindros and Peak never happened. I seen that some lists include Palffy, so if he was on this list, id put him after Forsberg, without a doubt ahead of Naslund.

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:18 AM
bigsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
Pat Peake was to be a terrific NHL 1st line player. Probably as a right winger that scored around 35 goals a year. He played his heart out but got himself injured in a host of ways. It was a good draft pick that didn't work out for the team or the player. His career pretty well ended when he tried to beat a D man to an icing and turned his foot into macaroni. I have a lot of respect for that kid and we're all sorry it didn't work out for him in D.C.
ya man for sure about peake, i was doing up my list as you posted that and exactly, I was a pens fan back in the day and that Peake was sure impressive. I remember when his career pretty much ended. Too bad, he would have been a good one.

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Le Golie

Falloon still finished third in scoring this season in the North Central Senior Hockey League.

In fact, if the Foxwarren Falcons edge out the Roblin Northstars for the title this year I'd put Falloon ahead of Lachance.

http://www.crossroadsthisweek.com/nc...s/playoffs.htm

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124 View Post
12 EDM: Alexei Kovalev
I realize many will be surprised at how far he's dropped, but the fact of the matter is is that Kovalev hasn't done much without Jagr at the NHL level. He is much more of a product of Jagr/Lemieux, and as great as a compliment as he was to them, we can now certainly tell that he was the weak link of the line.
If I remember correctly, Kovalev only spend one year with Jagr and Lemieux on the same team, and that was 2000/01. He was part of the second line together with Straka and Lang, and those three played the powerplays with Jagr and Lemieux, but apart from that he never really played with them.

Jagr and Lemieux usually played with guys like Jan Hrdina or later on Kevin Stevens.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

Thanks for the participation, everyone! (Even if some, ahem, started throwing guys like Palffy and Zhitnik into the mix when they weren't eligible for this little game ).

Some interesting stories to note:

- Top 4, with a bit of variation, seems to have a consensus in Forsberg, Niedermayer, Lindros and Näslund.

- In most drafts, Quebec ends up with Forsberg anyway, and as several have noted, this may have actually hurt the team what with the opportunity cost of trading Lindros

- a number of drafts have Rolston ending up on Vancouver -- he's a Canuck-killer, ironically -- and a number have Kovalev ending up on Vancouver, where he was incessantly rumored to be going while Petr Nedved sat out in 1993-94

- a couple of the drafts have the Isles' pick, Lachance, going to the Rangers, which is just kinda funny for the NYI/NYR thing.

Jyrki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Stephen

1 QUE Eric Lindros
2 SJ Peter Forsberg
3 NJ (TOR) Scott Niedermayer
4 NYI Ziggy Palffy
5 WPG Markus Naslund
6 PHA Alexei Kovalev
7 VAN Alexei Zhitnik
8 MIN Brian Rolston
9 HFD Ray Whitney
10 DET Glen Murray
11 NJ Michael Nylander
12 EDM Jozef Stumpel
13 BUF Dimitri Yushkevich
14 WAS Martin Lapointe
15 NYR Richard Matvichuk
16 PGH Martin Rucinsky
17 MTL Chris Osgood
18 BOS Steve Konowalchuk
19 CGY Yanic Perreault
20 EDM (LA) Steve Staois
21 WAS (STL) Brian Savage
22 CHI Aaron Ward

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Titan124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Thanks for the participation, everyone! (Even if some, ahem, started throwing guys like Palffy and Zhitnik into the mix when they weren't eligible for this little game ).

Some interesting stories to note:

- Top 4, with a bit of variation, seems to have a consensus in Forsberg, Niedermayer, Lindros and Näslund.

- In most drafts, Quebec ends up with Forsberg anyway, and as several have noted, this may have actually hurt the team what with the opportunity cost of trading Lindros

- a number of drafts have Rolston ending up on Vancouver -- he's a Canuck-killer, ironically -- and a number have Kovalev ending up on Vancouver, where he was incessantly rumored to be going while Petr Nedved sat out in 1993-94

- a couple of the drafts have the Isles' pick, Lachance, going to the Rangers, which is just kinda funny for the NYI/NYR thing.
Sorry again

Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote