Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The curse of the Habs strikes again

Old
03-23-2007, 08:15 AM
remer

vCash: 500
The curse of the Habs strikes again

It just amazes me that we have such a tough time playing the Montreal Canadiens. When the Bruins were number one in the conference back when Joe Thorton lead the team, they were expected to challenge for the Stanley Cup. Montreal an eight seeded team knocks the Bruins out.
Last night a chance to show a little dignity and try to falter Montreal's playoff hopes and they blow a third period lead and look like a bunch of dopes.
The Bruins are cursed by the Habs and that's something Bruin fans have to accept. Like it or not!

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
It just amazes me that we have such a tough time playing the Montreal Canadiens. When the Bruins were number one in the conference back when Joe Thorton lead the team, they were expected to challenge for the Stanley Cup. Montreal an eight seeded team knocks the Bruins out.
Last night a chance to show a little dignity and try to falter Montreal's playoff hopes and they blow a third period lead and look like a bunch of dopes.
The Bruins are cursed by the Habs and that's something Bruin fans have to accept. Like it or not!
Your sure yout not mistaken with Marc Savard

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
hackNslash

Cant really call it a curse of the habs because they blew a third period lead to them,they do it all the time so I guess they're cursed against almost every team.I'll call it the curse of Dave Lewis.

hackNslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:06 AM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Having seen my beloved B's eliminate the Habs in 1988, and repeat the feat in 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1994, I can assure you that there's no Habs curse at all (not that I believe in such things anyway). The truth is that in 2002, they were done in several things:

1) A hot goalie in Jose Theodore (coupled with some lukewarm netminding by Byron Dafoe)

2) A slow, immobile defense (which Montreal's speedy forwards masterfully exploited)

and finally

3) The fact that Kyle McLaren galvanized the Habs when he knocked Richard Zednik to Palookaville

In 2004, they were once again done in by a hot Theodore, as well as an untimely "upper body injury" to Joe Thornton (later revealed to be torn rib cartilege). As for this year? Well, the cold, hard truth is that the Bruins just aren't that good, and it's showing against pretty much everybody, not just the Habs. It's just a bit more painful to watch when the bleu blanc et rouge are providing the opposition, given the history and the rivalry.

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfreak72 View Post
Cant really call it a curse of the habs because they blew a third period lead to them,they do it all the time so I guess they're cursed against almost every team.I'll call it the curse of Dave Lewis.
I'd say losing 23 of 30 playoff series against the Habs qualifies as a curse.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

Argh!
The Curse Of Poor Team Play Strikes Again!

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOfChampions View Post
Argh!
The Curse Of Poor Team Play Strikes Again!
Bingo !

it ain't the Habs...we got shellacked by the Panthers , Rangers, Flyers, ...pick a freakin' team.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:40 AM
canuckulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Bingo !

it ain't the Habs...we got shellacked by the Panthers , Rangers, Flyers, ...pick a freakin' team.
Devils, Buffalo, Carolina, Toronto, Ottowa, Nashville...hey, I sense a pattern here !

This team stinks.

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Bingo !

i can pick 25 teams they sucked against this year

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote