Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not so bad?

Old
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Ismellofhockey

vCash: 500
Not so bad?

Kind of a bad week I guess to start this thread as I'm sure the mood in here is about as high as in a funeral with doomsday slated for the coming monday.

but looking at the Bruins, despite another disappointing year, I see more reason for optimism than in previous years.

First, your key players (Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Sturm) are very far away from free agency. The stability of the core seems more assured than ever before.

Second, there's a definite youth movement that shows definite potential at all positions:
- goaltending: Rask looks like a bluechipper and you still can't count out Toivonen yet.
- defence: Alberts, Lashoff, Stuart will have Chara and Ward to see them through.
- offence: Kessel obviously leads the charge with Kobasew, Bochenski and a bunch of guys whose names start with 'K' that I don't know too well but seeing them play they look like they have potential.

Even management seems better (being a Sens fan I have confidence in Chiarelli) and really, once stability has been set, the coaching will have it's true test and then a decision can be made regarding Lewis, whose decisions have been controversial at best.

So what do you think Bruins, will they make the playoffs next year? Or will they have to wait for Rask?

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote