HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon to Apologize to Hollweg...

Old
03-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Geogaddi

vCash: 500
Simon to Apologize to Hollweg...

Found this on the Islander board, think everyone would like to know about this.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...slanders-print
Quote:

Reminded of the chance to see Hollweg on Sunday, Simon said, "That's up to him. I know he's working hard to get his team into the playoffs. I've read in the paper that he's trying to put things past him, so out of respect to him, I'm going to talk to him first."

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
ThirdEye

Hollweg is a class act. I know some of his hits are questionable but I know in reality he probably never means to harm anyone and is about as forgiving as they come.

That said, I think Simon should have apologized much earlier. He had a great opportunity the day the incident happened and he brushed it off. If you ask me I don't really think he means it this time around anyway. He lost any and all his credibility with me at least

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
eco's bones

He has a lot to apologize for-- the least of which Hollweg saved him from being indicted in a criminal court.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Agree, definitely too little too late. He has had his chance to try and make right.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Just for reference, Simon's lawyers advised him not to say anything to anyone about the incident until all legal charges would drop. Which explains the lateness.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
pld459666

in fairness to Simon

I thought I saw a comment made by him after the suspension was handed down that he apologized for the Hit.

It didn't elaborate if Simon called Ryan or not so I'm assuming no, but they haven't played each other since the game and I'm sure he has and had every intention of apologizing.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
nexusrage21

I almost think its better he apologizes now. It makes it more sincere to me, as opposed to being a way to get himself out of trouble.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
dave4

I wonder if Ken Daneyko is going to apologize for what he said about Ryan Hollweg?

Or at least give Hollweg some credit for how he's handling this.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Simon could not apologize immediately: with the Todd Bertuzzi incident in mind, I'm sure the Islanders' lawyers got to him before the game was over and told him not to say a thing about it. He had to wait until the DA's investigation was complete. That's why he didn't comment after the game, why he hasn't commented on what was going through his head and why he has had to wait until now before apologising. Amazing as it might sound, a public apology to Hollweg may have affected his position legally.

When I was in college in DC, I used to hang out at a sushi restaurant/karaoke bar where Chris Simon used to go often. I never met him, but he seemed like a quiet, unassuming guy. He blows his top and seriously needs to get some sort of help for that, but otherwise, he seems to be an honest guy. That's no comfort for Hollweg or other guys he's gone over the line with, but I for one believe that the apology will be genuine.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 06:28 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Swedish sport commentator Calle Johansson who played 17(?) years in the NHL have had Simon as team mate in Washington and he said he was the most friendly and gentle person he had ever played with. Some one the players could call in the middle of the night if they needed some one to talk to or if they ever where in trouble he was there for them. That was off the ice btw and before the Hollweg incident. Think his suspension was good, hope he apologize to Ryan and that they both leave it behind them. I guess Simons days in the league are over any way considering his age and the swing with the stick.

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Swedish sport commentator Calle Johansson who played 17(?) years in the NHL have had Simon as team mate in Washington and he said he was the most friendly and gentle person he had ever played with. Some one the players could call in the middle of the night if they needed some one to talk to or if they ever where in trouble he was there for them. That was off the ice btw and before the Hollweg incident. Think his suspension was good, hope he apologize to Ryan and that they both leave it behind them. I guess Simons days in the league are over any way considering his age and the swing with the stick.
I think actually Nolan has stated that he will be back with the isles next year. I am glad this will be put behind him and I want to give Ryan Hollweg a lot of credit. I hate the guy but what he did by saying its over and lets move takes a lot to do especially from a professional athlete with that much pride and intensity. Good for him and good got Simon wanting to apologize in person and not on the phone.Now lets move on and see a great hockey game on Sunday. Good luck, its going to be absolutely nuts.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote