HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leafs Meltdown Bless you Sabres!!!

Old
03-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Russeltown

vCash: 500
The enemies are still NYR, Tampa Bay and Carolina. Those are the teams that currently hold playoff spots.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
The enemies are still NYR, Tampa Bay and Carolina. Those are the teams that currently hold playoff spots.
Yes, very true. And I think it will remain that way down the stretch. Crucial games against NYR must be won.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Habs13

here's to the Sabres doing to the Leafs what we did to the Bruins!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rew190 View Post
Screw the Leafs.

Cheers boys, I was at that game and there's nothing like shutting the invading hordes up in our house!

Hopefully we can also shut their crowd up in theirs tomorrow for the stinger.
It was so beautiful seeing the Leafs crowd shut the Hell up!

Jacques Mitchell

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Natural Habs Fan

I had the pleasure of watching the game in a room full of Leafs fans. They were gloating so much when they were up 4-1 and it was funny to watch the mood drop after the goal to make it 5-4. It really was surreal. I do feel bad for them though. I'd prefer Toronto make it in the playoffs over an American based team.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 03:19 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
I had the pleasure of watching the game in a room full of Leafs fans. They were gloating so much when they were up 4-1 and it was funny to watch the mood drop after the goal to make it 5-4. It really was surreal. I do feel bad for them though. I'd prefer Toronto make it in the playoffs over an American based team.
I don't

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Vlad The Impaler

I watched the whole game, so was fortunate enough to see the comeback. A couple of observations:

-Leafs are the same old, same old. Some different players, same style. I guess they could do ok in the playoffs but something is still missing. It will be difficult for them to make the playoffs now. I don't see it happening, so one less team to worry about for the Habs.

-I don't understand why I keep hearing praise for Paul Maurice this year. He's an average coach at best and showed again last night that he is incapable of influencing the flow of a game.

-I'm not too sure the Sabres will be as great in the post-season as the playoffs. But they sure are fun to watch. This was a textbook comeback proving that in the new NHL, you can overcome a 4-1 deficit without the need for powerplays. Last night, the last three goals by the Sabres were equal strength with less than 11 minutes to go.

The NHL relies a lot on PP for scoring and luckily, we have a team like Buffalo who are exciting and generating chances no matter what the situation is on the ice. I for one hope that they will be very successful in the playoffs and win the the Stanley Cup. Maybe that would show the way for other teams that you can win with an exciting team.

The Sabres are the most entertaining team in hockey right now.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 08:16 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
The NHL relies a lot on PP for scoring and luckily, we have a team like Buffalo who are exciting and generating chances no matter what the situation is on the ice. I for one hope that they will be very successful in the playoffs and win the the Stanley Cup. Maybe that would show the way for other teams that you can win with an exciting team.
The Sabres are fun to watch, however I wouldn't be too disappointed if they happened to have an early 1st round exit by, say, a team from Quebec if they so happen to squeek into the playoffs.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
BLONG7

The Sabres are a fun team to watch, they have youth and speed, and a never say die attitude...coming back from a 4-1 defecit is showing some guff...the Leafs will look back at this as a huge blow to their season...the poor guys at TSN and Sportsnet are probably all going to need to see Dr. Phil for a group rate on their counselling appointments...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 08:41 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
You can't be a real Habs fan if you wish to have the Laffs in the playoffs.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I thought Glenn Healy was going to cry at the end. He was just destroyed.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:08 AM
lfsuk

I've been happier to see the leafs lose before, I just can't remember when. The "Toronto Sports Network" is gonna have to go off the air. Seriously I checked the leafs board last night as I was reading this one., there was carnage going on there. The fans wanted everyone out, fire the coach, trade everyone, sign a whole new slate of ufa's, you name it.
on another note, I hope we see a Habs Sabres playoff round. If the Habs can play up to thier abilities it will be an awesome series. Any thouhgts?

Not Mitchell

lfsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
You can't be a real Habs fan if you wish to have the Laffs in the playoffs.
Yes you can.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:32 AM
JrHockeyFan

Crazy finish. I had just left the Knights / Owen Sound playoff playoff game and went to a Boston Pizza. I figured the Leafs/Sabres had to be over by then.

We looked up at the big screen I assumed they were showing a highlite package. They had repeated the 3rd goal and then the two quick 4th and 5th goals. LOL Then I realized it was actually a live 5 to 4 game. The Leaf fans were so quiet it was actually hard to figure out who was who without looking at their expressions.

Those odd man rushes were devastating

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Yes you can.
how?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I thought Glenn Healy was going to cry at the end. He was just destroyed.
Harry Neale too, it was hilarious.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:56 AM
zurg999

It took 45+ minutes for the Leafs game story to hit the TSN front page after the game. Granted it's an AP wire feed and I'm not sure what's involved time wise (although it's usually on within minutes).

I'd like to think the TSN homers were too busy trying to pull themselves out of their fetal positions to get around to updating the page. I wonder if Healey needed warm milk, cookies and a pacifier before he could sleep?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
It took 45+ minutes for the Leafs game story to hit the TSN front page after the game. Granted it's an AP wire feed and I'm not sure what's involved time wise (although it's usually on within minutes).

I'd like to think the TSN homers were too busy trying to pull themselves out of their fetal positions to get around to updating the page. I wonder if Healey needed warm milk, cookies and a pacifier before he could sleep?
I noticed that too. It was on the RDS and ESPN sites first.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
NoSkillz

Send a message via MSN to NoSkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post

NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote