HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

trade idea

Old
03-24-2007, 02:28 AM
devilsfan30

vCash: 500
trade idea

if you're the rangers, would you give up al montoya, brandon dubinsky and marcel hossa for vincent lecavalier?

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 02:55 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i don't feel like we need to make that trade right now.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 03:02 AM
devilsfan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
i don't feel like we need to make that trade right now.
obviously in the offseason

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 03:28 AM
NewYorkStranger

I would.

NewYorkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 07:08 AM
johnny_rudeboy

I would, but I hope to keep on to Hossa since his curve is going up all the time and he is a good bait to fetch his brother once he becomes UFA the season after the next. But yeah, Vincent is just the type of big power center this organization needs. And it is a good thing for Avery that the clubs 3 biggest stars then would be a Czech, a Swede and a french Canadian.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 07:56 AM
in the hall

hell yeah

VL is young and can do it all.. probably a top 3 player this season

as much as we all love Dubinsky, he is not a elite prospect or anything close to that.. either more quality needs to be included, whether that means changing dubinsky to staal (to which i would not do personally) or include additional assets such as a first and one or two more quality prospects, thats up to tampa to decide.. and i would probably do the latter given our depth

Last edited by in the hall: 03-24-2007 at 08:01 AM.
in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:12 AM
nyr7andcounting

Yea as long as Lecavalier isn't going to be a UFA in a year or two. Not sure what his contract is like, but pretty sure he's a UFA when his current one is up since he started in the NHL at 18. Right?

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting View Post
Yea as long as Lecavalier isn't going to be a UFA in a year or two. Not sure what his contract is like, but pretty sure he's a UFA when his current one is up since he started in the NHL at 18. Right?
After this season he have 2 more years on his contract and is then UFA.

Old
03-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan30 View Post
if you're the rangers, would you give up al montoya, brandon dubinsky and marcel hossa for vincent lecavalier?
Id like to see us make a deal like that, I've grown on Vinny this season, but he do have his limitations too. Vinny are extremely good in the attackingzone, but he isn't close to a Jagr, Crosby or Thornton at getting involved comming out of his own end.

LeCav have played many games the last 3 seasons where he have been completly invisible. If a checking line is assigned to him, and they get the puck down low and play him thight he is often stopped, playing with MSL and Richards really helps him in that aspect.

He is still fabulos when he got the puck on his stick crossing the redline.

So I am not sold on LeCav beeing exactly the type of player to go after, but there are others. And we do have a ton of room to make a deal like that.

Good young players always become available every now and then, look at the players moved lately, Luongo, Marian Hossa, Heatly, Havlat, and Thornton among others only the last couple of seasons.

If a Rick Nash gets sick of Colubus, or a Jay Bouwmeester wants out of Fla, or Atlanta decides to move Hossa, we got plenty to offer, and great depth in the organization.

Lets say Nash is put on the market, we could easily offer Montoya, Dubinsky/Callahan/Prucha and Rachunek/Baranka or something like that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:37 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
I would have to chew on that one for away. My heart is set on Dubi playing for us. I would prefer subbing another player for dubi, even a pick, or picks to retain dubi.
I would love 3 centers like Vinny, dubi & pyatt.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:45 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I would have to chew on that one for away. My heart is set on Dubi playing for us. I would prefer subbing another player for dubi, even a pick, or picks to retain dubi.
I would love 3 centers like Vinny, dubi & pyatt.
id rather keep Dubinsky as well. He is our more skilled centre prospect. We are low on centre prospects. Id rather move a dman if we must.

maybe Montoya, Immonen, Dawes and Rachunek??? Id rather give up Dawes than Dubinsky. We have more than 1 smaller players that have skill, Dawes, Callahan, Prucha. Callahan should be with the Rangers next year. Dawes I think would have intrest to the Bolts. He can be another St. Louis.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:49 AM
In The Flesh

not right now.

thats a lot to give up.

I dont think TB trades him anyway.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Crease

I don't think that a package of Montoya, Dubinsky, and Hossa would nearly be enough.

We may be high on Dubi and Hossa but they are unproven commodities at this point in their careers. We're talking about a top 5 forward in the NHL at this point in his career who is just barely entering his prime and has already won a cup.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:09 AM
geisenNYR

I would be willing to trade Montotya and Hossa, but I don't know about Dubinsky. I think Dubinsky has a really bright upside. We need to trade Montoya soon while he still has value, because he won't be in the NHL unless Henrik gets hurt.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:18 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisenNYR View Post
I would be willing to trade Montotya and Hossa, but I don't know about Dubinsky. I think Dubinsky has a really bright upside. We need to trade Montoya soon while he still has value, because he won't be in the NHL unless Henrik gets hurt.
Once Monty have played a season or two as back up to Lundqvist he will be worth even more if he is up to the NHL standard. He will have 3-4 years as a RFA and the team he gets traded to have all the time they need to see if he is the read deal for him before they attempt to sign him up long term. But so far he have not saved a puck in the NHL.

Old
03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
SML

If any of you are under the impression that Tampa takes that package for a guy who is under 30 and could be the MVP if the Crosby story weren't such a lock, I think you're mistaken. Hossa hasn't even put one solid year together yet. Montoya has yet to play one NHL game and Dubinsky, while a promising kid, is far from Lecavalier. There's no way that deal gets it done.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:

No frickin' way!!! Ugh......

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Onion Boy

Absolutely would make that trade, but I highly doubt Tampa would.

If they ever traded Vinny I think they would want roster players, not youth.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I think TB has to trade one of the big three, but my guess is Montreal will want to take a stab at Richards or Vinny. They sure as hell aren't going to get any top free agents to sign there so their only other option is to trade for one.

03-24-2007, 10:48 AM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I would not make this trade. That is good young talent right there. These guys will be great in the future seasons to come.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
I would not make this trade. That is good young talent right there. These guys will be great in the future seasons to come.
Keep in mind Vinny is only 26 - Richards too - it's not like your trading for a player who doesn't have much left in his tank.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
not right now.

thats a lot to give up.

That's a no brainer from the Rangers point of view. A top 5 player in the league for 3 prospects?

I'd give up Okposo and more for that guy.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:15 AM
danman1202

I'd do that deal...but I doubt Tampa would...

What reason do they legitimately have for trading him? They guy is a terrific player, there's no reason for them to trade the guy. It's a nice thought for us though.

danman1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 12:27 PM
NewYorkStranger

I'm thinking something along the lines of Prucha, Staal or Tyutin, and Montoya for Vinny is more realistic. Now that one I would have to think about, and would probably say no.

NewYorkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 12:46 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I'm sure TB would want a 1st rounder along with a 3rd/4th as well if this were to happen. You have to think about where this team is as far as contending goes for the future. We certainly have the goaltender and we lack a true #1 centerman as well as #1 d-man. The clock's running out on guys like Straka/Jagr with their contracts. No matter what we offer, I'm sure Montreal would offer near 2x the amount. Gainey's going to be under fire to make a move.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote