HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Question for season subscribers about this year's team gifts

Old
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Question for season subscribers about this year's team gifts

Anyone know what the annual gift was this year? I got a key chain a few weeks back commemorating my 5th year as a season subscriber. It got me thinking that I didn't receive a team gift this year. I know in previous years we've gotten a small framed jersey with our names on it ('05?), a pin that had the year we became a subscriber on it, a book on the history of the Rangers, and blanket with a foot pocket. I was also curious what other subscribers got for reaching various milestones this year (10 years, 15 years, etc.) Anyone else get something?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
oldtimer

Nothing this year

Coming to think of it... I don't remember receiving any gift this year. Have I forgotten it already? We use to at least get yearbooks. And I've been a season subscriber since 1965! (yes, that's not a Typo.) I guess Dolan gave it all to Isiah Thomas.

oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Coming to think of it... I don't remember receiving any gift this year. Have I forgotten it already? We use to at least get yearbooks. And I've been a season subscriber since 1965! (yes, that's not a Typo.) I guess Dolan gave it all to Isiah Thomas.
yeah, last season, we got that nice "paint bucket" with like, a T-shirt, some jelly-beans, stickers, etc. it wasnt very much, but it was at least something.

Also, i like that Subscriber Fall Fan Fest at the training center never happened. I called up a few weeks ago to ask about that, and they said that they are going to do it in the spring instead. yeah, we will see about that.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
petrprucha25*

I got the same key chain and nothing else.....doesnt look like we are getting anything else.

petrprucha25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I saw something a while ago that they were going to honor subscribers on 5th, 10th, 15th years etc. from now on. Next yeare is #15 for me so we'll be watching. I did get an invite to a cocktaiul party with alumni before the Detroit game but I was unable to go.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrprucha25 View Post
I got the same key chain and nothing else.....doesnt look like we are getting anything else.
That doesn't sound right, considering that other subscribers who didn't receive a key chain haven't received anything else either.

From the Rangers subscribers benefits page:

Tenure Recognition NEW
Subscribers honored at various tenured milestones, with a gift from the team. Tenure gifts will be presented to all subscribers at the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 40-year milestones.

SPECIAL TEAM GIFT
As a valued member of the Rangers family, you will receive an annual gift from the organization.

So it looks like every subscriber is due an annual gift, and tenure milestone subscribers should receive an additional gift. Maybe the team gift is coming at the end of the season? Definitely strange that it's nearly April and we haven't received anything yet.

Old
03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
Also, i like that Subscriber Fall Fan Fest at the training center never happened. I called up a few weeks ago to ask about that, and they said that they are going to do it in the spring instead. yeah, we will see about that.
i'm only a 1st year subscriber and i'm already frustrated with the way they run things.. that fan fest is something i was really looking forward to and i was told it would be in the off season.. now how many players do you honestly think will be there if thats the case.. or will they just parade the same group of old timers that they keep parading at every function i've been to this season.. i just think it's a slap in the face, that things are never what they seem with the garden..

my gut feeling this even wont happen..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
broadwayblue

I have to agree that the Rangers season subscribers aren't really treated very well as a group as compared to other teams. I mean it's great they gave me a key chain and all...but you think it could have something engraved on it. As it is there's nothing really special about it. But in the bigger scheme, there are more important things to complain about. Like how we actually pay the price printed on the tickets. Most other teams don't charge season subscribers the full face value. They can keep charging me the same price...but why not do what other teams do and charge more for individual tickets (yes, I know about the $4.50 facility surcharge.)

I think this page Here really shows how much the Rangers care about their fans in general.

5 promotion nights in 41 games...AND 2 of those nights are "Pin Trading" nights where you don't actually get anything unless you give a pin in return. So basically over the course of an entire season they give their fans a magnetic schedule, a team calendar, and a poster! What kind of pathetic budget do they have for this stuff? How much would it even cost them considering most of these promotional giveaways are sponsored by corporate partners.

When was the last time you got a free hat or t-shirt at a Rangers game?

Old
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
WheresBarnaby

10/18/2006 7:00P Nashville Budlight Rangers Magnetic Schedule
11/14/2006 7:00P New Jersey Rangers Pin Trading Night
1/9/2007 7:00P N.Y. Islanders Rangers 2007 Team Calendar Giveaway, presented by Hummer
1/13/2007 2:00P Boston Rangers Pin Trading Night
3/11/2007 12:30P Carolina United Rentals Rangers Team Poster Giveaway

Nice promos

I never really thought about that. At least the knicks fans get hats and shirts, but there's only about five dates also....

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/promos0607.html

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Scotty Hockey

I thought this year's gift was that dvd of last season?

And often this season the seats in front of mine have been sold to out of towners who were shocked that the place was not fan friendly at all. Few crappy giveaways, little fan interaction during the game (no kiss cam or silly stuff like that) and horrid dance music. I couldn't rebut their arguments.

To New York, you pay for the game, that's it. They don't need giveaways and things of that sort as they will fill the place, it is New York. The Islanders were giving out practice jerseys signed by Bossy or Trottier for anyone who signed up for a 10 game package earlier this year just to get some fans in their building. Could you imagine the Rangers ever doing that??? I sure as hell can't.

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:44 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I have to agree that the Rangers season subscribers aren't really treated very well as a group as compared to other teams. I mean it's great they gave me a key chain and all...but you think it could have something engraved on it. As it is there's nothing really special about it. But in the bigger scheme, there are more important things to complain about. Like how we actually pay the price printed on the tickets. Most other teams don't charge season subscribers the full face value. They can keep charging me the same price...but why not do what other teams do and charge more for individual tickets (yes, I know about the $4.50 facility surcharge.)(
I can comment on this because I have season tix to Rangers and Minnesota Wild. Biggest difference I see is that the Rangers have a far friendlier policy of collecting season ticket payments. The Wild ask for 5 payments beginning in late May and you are pretty much paid in full prior to first game. The Rangers offer 6 payments starting in early August. Freebies are about the same and goodies from the team (i.e invitations, events) are quite similar. I've dealt with both teams and the account reps are pretty good about helping out. I also have football tickets and compared to the NFL, hockey teams take much better care of their customers.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
werent we supposed to get 2 free tickets to a wolfpack game also?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
nickrOck

the giveaways are trash.. the pin trading is a joke, b/c if you don't want to trade a pin you still have to pay.. so they're still making money off of us.. so i hardly call that a giveaway..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Scotty Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
werent we supposed to get 2 free tickets to a wolfpack game also?
According to my ticket rep, you just go to the box office up there and show your subscriber card and they give you tix. As they don't take any record of that, you can probably keep going back ... I haven't tried it as Hartford is a bit of a hike for me and I work weekends. Ah well ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstranged View Post
According to my ticket rep, you just go to the box office up there and show your subscriber card and they give you tix. As they don't take any record of that, you can probably keep going back ... I haven't tried it as Hartford is a bit of a hike for me and I work weekends. Ah well ...
This is in fact the case. We've only used the freebies once, however, as the seats they gave us were cheap ones in the upper reaches of the HCC. They don't record anything, so I have no doubt you could get free tickets multiple times.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote