HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2014, 02:47 PM
AHB*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The NHL isn't making any money on these, it costs them about $60 each from the supplier. Although most of the orders are from people that would never spend $200, many are from resellers who will unload to people who would. Not that the NHL shouldn't make good on their website price. If I were them I'd probably try to get one jersey to every person who ordered(ie 40 jersey guy gets 39 jerseys cancelled)
Where did you hear they cost $60? With the fact that these are screen printed, I find that really hard to believe. The lettering and numbers are essentially free.

Old
06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Not to mention, running a website and the merchandising organization behind it is a lot of overhead. Warehouses, call centers, buying & planning teams, advertising, site hosting & maintenance cost a ton of money. And additional order fulfillment generates additional expense.

Just because there may still be item profit at $63, doesn't mean that the store as a whole isn't taking a big hit on these if 100% fulfilled. Even of 85% were incremental orders just due to the price - the margin on those may not be enough to offset the lost margin on the other 15% plus incremental overhead. I don't blame people for being disappointed though.

06-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Hunter Gathers
Raise hell and . . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Guys, need to sell some jerseys to pay bills.

Selling:

Cam Talbot - game issued / worn (I think it's only GI, though) Hartford Whale jersey (Goalie cut size 58)
No name - Rangers Edge 2.0 Authentic heritage jersey (size 60)

Both are on eBay right now but I will sell both on here as well over Paypal to anyone interested.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:00 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post

Selling:

Cam Talbot - game issued / worn (I think it's only GI, though) Hartford Whale jersey (Goalie cut size 58)

Both are on eBay right now but I will sell both on here as well over Paypal to anyone interested.
Having never bought a goalie cut jersey, I'm going to assume that they are wider in order to accommodate the pads? If so how does a goalie 58 compare to a regular jersey?

Also, how much are you looking for?

Old
06-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Hunter Gathers
Raise hell and . . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Having never bought a goalie cut jersey, I'm going to assume that they are wider in order to accommodate the pads? If so how does a goalie 58 compare to a regular jersey?

Also, how much are you looking for?
Yeah, they are a bit bigger to accommodate pads. It's not as body hugging as the regular Edge jerseys. I'd say it's closer to an old sized 56 or 54, maybe?

I paid $335 for it. Looking for $300. I will sell to someone from a non North American country as long as they are a HFBoard member.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

This poor employee at the NHL Shop who made the jersey pricing error is probably on suicide watch due to the fallout... Well not really but I'm sure he/she feels terrible about what this led to.... : \

06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
mike14

Quote:
Yeah, they are a bit bigger to accommodate pads. It's not as body hugging as the regular Edge jerseys. I'd say it's closer to an old sized 56 or 54, maybe?

I paid $335 for it. Looking for $300. I will sell to someone from a non North American country as long as they are a HFBoard member.
PM'd ya

Old
06-05-2014, 10:22 PM
phillyb

anyone have a promo code for shop.nhl.com?

Old
06-05-2014, 11:15 PM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

vCash: 666
Quote:

Selling:

same here, pls by me and jonothon's jerseys pls.

Old
06-06-2014, 01:44 AM
GraveyTrain9

anybody know how to remove a "C" from a premier jersey? It looks like its ironed on but I want to know if its possible to remove without leaving permanent damage. I received a Lundqvist jersey as a gift and he knows zero about hockey and thought it would be a good idea to put a C on it.

Old
06-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonster View Post
anybody know how to remove a "C" from a premier jersey? It looks like its ironed on but I want to know if its possible to remove without leaving permanent damage. I received a Lundqvist jersey as a gift and he knows zero about hockey and thought it would be a good idea to put a C on it.
Idk, as far as I know it will leave lasting damage. Maybe take it to a tailor

Old
06-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
I only own 2, and they're replicas... about 10 years old or whatever and unnamed/numbered whatever.

Guess I should get a Lundqvist and McD... cant see those two going anywhere hahah. Problem is I've liked a lot of Rangers but havent really thought any were worth buying jerseys for... save Jagr, since the Messier years I guess.

Like for the Giants... who NOW would I get? I GUESS Manning? No Id just go get an old Strahan or Taylor.

Love the Rangers, just short on dudes whose jerseys I'd want hahah.

My fave rangers recently have been odd picks.. Neimenen, Kasparaitis, Avery, Zuc,

Old
06-06-2014, 08:59 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
anyone have a promo code for shop.nhl.com?
nhlfan1 worked the other day.

Old
06-06-2014, 09:08 AM
RangerFan09

vCash: 237
Selling a Chris Kreider Premier Heritage jersey. Size "L" But fits more like a XLT or XXL (Hence the reason I'm selling it.)

Mother bought it from ice jerseys for Christmas but it didn't ship till February but she kept it for me as a surprise from when I returned home from school so it was a little late to return to ice jerseys and now they wanted a 30-40 dollar restocking fee. So I have it listed on ebay for the 175 she paid for it, but willing to work out something here through paypal if anybody is interested in it.

Chris Kreider Heritage Jersey - Premier

Old
06-06-2014, 11:01 PM
mjb112090

Would anyone have any interest in my jerseys?

They are:
Leetch ccm size 52

Messier ccm size 52 with 75th anniversary patch.

Graves white liberty size 48

Pm me if interested

Old
06-08-2014, 02:39 PM
foe84

sportsk or icejerseys? which is the better site to use.

I'm looking for a kreider jersey or just a simple plain no named blue rangers jersey.

also, if anyone knows reliable world cup jerseys, i would appreciate it as well.

Old
06-09-2014, 09:59 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
If you want an on ice authentic IceJerseys and RiverCitySports have them and both do decent customization. They both have the made in Canada Edge 2.0 jerseys in limited stock.
Doesnt need to be an authentic at this exact moment. Im buying 1 3rd jersey kreider non patch.. I want a Henrik authentic with the cup patch on it as well. I would be fine with just getting a Kreider 3rd jersey for now (replica). Just wondering if I should try MSG again ( i get 15% off for being a STH) or order online from an icejerseys etc.

Old
06-09-2014, 10:33 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
I only own 2, and they're replicas... about 10 years old or whatever and unnamed/numbered whatever.

Guess I should get a Lundqvist and McD... cant see those two going anywhere hahah. Problem is I've liked a lot of Rangers but havent really thought any were worth buying jerseys for... save Jagr, since the Messier years I guess.

Like for the Giants... who NOW would I get? I GUESS Manning? No Id just go get an old Strahan or Taylor.

Love the Rangers, just short on dudes whose jerseys I'd want hahah.

My fave rangers recently have been odd picks.. Neimenen, Kasparaitis, Avery, Zuc,
I understand this completely... my first jersey was an old Starter blank that I had forever until I got it signed by like 14 Rangers so I didn't want to wash it and my wife has since advised me that I shouldn't wear it in public anymore.... It's also small on me since I've grown in the last 20 years. I then got a blue Girardi (lucky guess) that I actually ordered with the #46 then had to call and have them change it to 5 when he switched. I also picked up another blank CCM white that I want customized and a RBK Jagr that I bought for $20 when he signed in Russia. I have a heritage Gaborik that my friend bought me.

I like having the player that not a lot of people do. I don't know why I prefer that but it's just how I've always been. When I bought the Girardi I was also considering Betts, Orr etc and my wife told me to get G. Great call by her.

My next jersey was supposed to be a Stanley Cup Hags but I got screwed by #jerseygate and I want a Fast jersey but I'm not convinced he'll stick with #12. I also scour eBay for a Bure, Robitaille, Ulf. I don't care what others think, I want the players I like.

Buy who makes you happy and if they're not Rangers for long, then you've got a conversation piece when you're out and about.

Old
06-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Lindbergski
24ski

Send a message via AIM to Lindbergski Send a message via Yahoo to Lindbergski
Just got my shipment notification with the jersey that had pricing error.

Your shipment from SHOP.NHL.COM is on its way!
If there are items from your order that are not listed below, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment when it occurs.

The shipping method they are using is also FEDEX Standard Overnight so I shall be getting it tomorrow. Hopefully they accepted my request and made the C in McDonagh lower case as all of the replica's seem to have all capitals. Will post pictures once it comes in. If it's all capitals, I guess I'll still try to get another c on it somehow.

Old
06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Zeshy25

Selling Lundqvist Blue EDGE 1.0 size 50 for $220 plus shipping. Name is stitched onto nameplate and jersey is in great condition. Bought it from a member here who said it was flawless but, it does have a small stain on the bottom hem. Please PM me if interested and I will send pictures.

Old
06-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Lindbergski
24ski

The $62 jersey came in today. They took my request and mad the c in McDonagh lower case as all replicas come with capitals from what they said.

Anyway, here you go.

Old
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfHags View Post
The $62 jersey came in today. They took my request and mad the c in McDonagh lower case as all replicas come with capitals from what they said.

Anyway, here you go.

so people actually got it lol. What time did you order?

Old
06-10-2014, 12:19 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I think this guy is the only one thus far who has reported receiving his order...

Old
06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Lindbergski
24ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I think around 1PM. Not completely sure. When NYR memes posted up the link, I hopped on it right away. Lets hope others get a jersey as well.

Old
06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
phillyb

bought a carcillo and d moore shirt last night at modell's after the game.

Closed Thread