HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2014, 02:04 PM
  #126
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
Just heard on WIP that sixers are trying to move up from 3 to ensure Wiggins. Also trying to move up from 10. Cant imagine they'd give up futures, so i wonder what ammunition they actually have besides Thad? (Besides MCW...gulp)
They could eat bad salary.

Mr Black is online now  
Old
06-04-2014, 03:47 PM
  #127
Phillyfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
They could eat bad salary.
Which of the teams in the top 5 want to shed bad salary??

If the website I just checked is correct,

Sixers, Magic, Bucks, Jazz are among those with the most cap space.

After Luol Deng walks, Cleveland will have plenty of cap space too.

I guess the only logical thing would be eating salary from a contender, receiving a late first, and using that to package.

Should be interesting.

Phillyfan28 is offline  
Old
06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
  #128
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
Just heard on WIP that sixers are trying to move up from 3 to ensure Wiggins. Also trying to move up from 10. Cant imagine they'd give up futures, so i wonder what ammunition they actually have besides Thad? (Besides MCW...gulp)
Was there a source or just speculation? I don't think it's any secret Hinkie would like to move up, it's just a matter of how bad and if another team wants to move out as well. Personally, I would move up to get my guy. 10 seems like a lot, but in the NBA the 10th pick could just be a role player. Difference between 1 and 2 and 3 could be an all-star and a superstar. I have to think when Hinkie drew up his master plan, it was with having a shot to get Wiggins. Embiid was an unknown and Parker was just a good player.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
  #129
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
June 26 NBA draft, June 27 NHL draft, exciting times for our future.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-06-2014, 08:32 PM
  #130
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 50
Sixers will be out of that **** hole named PCOM in 2 years.

Quote:
According to the source, the Sixers plan to break ground on the new building this October. The organization hopes to have the facility open for basketball personnel sometime between April and June of 2016.
Quote:
The Camden facility is expected to be more than 100,000 square feet and will house the business and basketball operations for the organization. One person familiar with the situation said the Sixers want it to be the “Taj Mahal” of NBA practice facilities.
Quote:
Sixers head coach Brett Brown said having a new facility is “crucial” to player development and “a big part of why I was attracted to this program.”
http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...ctice-facility

Mr Black is online now  
Old
06-06-2014, 08:45 PM
  #131
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Should be done by the time they need to entice free agents.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
06-06-2014, 09:38 PM
  #132
Phillyfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Was there a source or just speculation? I don't think it's any secret Hinkie would like to move up, it's just a matter of how bad and if another team wants to move out as well. Personally, I would move up to get my guy. 10 seems like a lot, but in the NBA the 10th pick could just be a role player. Difference between 1 and 2 and 3 could be an all-star and a superstar. I have to think when Hinkie drew up his master plan, it was with having a shot to get Wiggins. Embiid was an unknown and Parker was just a good player.
It was on Rob & Ant, i just could the end of Ant's blurb and he hinted it was through a source or maybe said sources tell him but didn't quote anybody

Phillyfan28 is offline  
Old
06-10-2014, 07:24 PM
  #133
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,547
vCash: 500
Sixers rumored to be offering up 3rd plus Thad for the first overall pick. The 3rd+10th is a no go.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
06-10-2014, 09:01 PM
  #134
Phillyfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Sixers rumored to be offering up 3rd plus Thad for the first overall pick. The 3rd+10th is a no go.
I haven't been this excited for anything Sixers related in a long time.

#3 + Thad + #32 + retain salary for #1?

Phillyfan28 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 04:16 AM
  #135
djlethal08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hockessin, DE
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
I haven't been this excited for anything Sixers related in a long time.

#3 + Thad + #32 + retain salary for #1?
That's way too much to give up to move 2 spots. Also I don't think moving up is really necessary if Wiggins is the target. If Embiid's back checks out he's going #1. As for the Bucks, sure they could take Wiggins, but with Giannis already there it seems like a conflict. The reality is Parker and even Exum are better fits for their roster. The Sixers should just stay at 3 and save their assets for moving up from #10 to try to get someone like Vonleh, who I think would be the perfect compliment for Noel.

djlethal08 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 08:24 AM
  #136
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Angelo this morning was crying about giving up Thad Young + 3rd for a guaranteed bust.

He's a god damn clown. I can't stand him. Thad isn't going to be useful by the time this team is relavant.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 08:28 AM
  #137
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,408
vCash: 500
If the Sixers want Wiggens they need to make a move like this. Thad, while being a great role player, is expendable. There were also the rumors he wanted out, so it would be even funnier to send him to a team that is a loser as well.

I would do that in a heartbeat for the 1st overall.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 09:24 AM
  #138
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Count me in for 3rd + Thad + 32. Salary retention is whatever since the Sixers have a boatload of space.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:15 AM
  #139
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
I heard this from a friend who works in LA with casting agents. His friend is a sports agent.

He said that hinkie is trying to trade MCW this year and maximize his value. They want to replace him with Exum, and are trying to do a deal where they get one of the first two picks for mcw +. Then they would deal 3 to orlando for 4 + 14. Take exum at 4. I assume take wiggins or embiid at 1 or 2, and then package 10+14 to move up and grab Vonleh.


That would go down as one of the most insane draft day maneuvers for a single team. One thing my friend reiterated to me time and time again is that MCW is not a guy the sixers think is apart of their future.

Jtown is online now  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:17 AM
  #140
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,408
vCash: 500
So you are saying the Sixers want to get picks 2+4+10+14?

I think the rumor of Thad+3+32 for 1st and a salary retention makes more sense.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
  #141
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I heard this from a friend who works in LA with casting agents. His friend is a sports agent.

He said that hinkie is trying to trade MCW this year and maximize his value. They want to replace him with Exum, and are trying to do a deal where they get one of the first two picks for mcw +. Then they would deal 3 to orlando for 4 + 14. Take exum at 4. I assume take wiggins or embiid at 1 or 2, and then package 10+14 to move up and grab Vonleh.


That would go down as one of the most insane draft day maneuvers for a single team. One thing my friend reiterated to me time and time again is that MCW is not a guy the sixers think is apart of their future.
If Hinkie does that.... That is insane. That sounds like far too many moving parts, too many huge blockbusters. I don't even think I'd wanna trade MCW.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
  #142
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
That sounds impossible. That would mean the Sixers are considering starting 3-4 rookies next season?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
  #143
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
So you are saying the Sixers want to get picks 2+4+10+14?

3 for 4 plus 14 is a deal waiting to be done. Sixers wont do that unless they can get a top 2 pick.

So if the sixers wanted they could have 4 10 14 tomorrow. Getting a top 2 picks is the hold up and is likely gonig to be mcw plus a first next year top 3 protected.

Jtown is online now  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:22 AM
  #144
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
That sounds impossible. That would mean the Sixers are considering starting 3-4 rookies next season?
noel, 3 plus 10. Sounds like we are gonna start 3 rookies next year no matter what.

Jtown is online now  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
  #145
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
noel, 3 plus 10. Sounds like we are gonna start 3 rookies next year no matter what.
I dunno if I considered 10 to be an automatic starter

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
  #146
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
I dunno if I considered 10 to be an automatic starter
on this roster....

Jtown is online now  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:26 AM
  #147
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
on this roster....
I agree but I think it depends what they do in the offseason. I guess I wasn't counting Noel as a rookie really per se, even though it'll be his first NBA experiences.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:26 AM
  #148
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I heard this from a friend who works in LA with casting agents. His friend is a sports agent.

He said that hinkie is trying to trade MCW this year and maximize his value. They want to replace him with Exum, and are trying to do a deal where they get one of the first two picks for mcw +. Then they would deal 3 to orlando for 4 + 14. Take exum at 4. I assume take wiggins or embiid at 1 or 2, and then package 10+14 to move up and grab Vonleh.


That would go down as one of the most insane draft day maneuvers for a single team. One thing my friend reiterated to me time and time again is that MCW is not a guy the sixers think is apart of their future.
Well that would be a complete coup if he was able to accomplish all of that and it actually panning out with a decent product on the court. I knew Hinkie was an out of the box GM but this would be a complete surprise move like a jack in the box....YIKES! Kind of scary to think what machinations are going through that guy's mind but hopefully it works out and he is a mad genius....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:36 AM
  #149
KJS14
Registered User
 
KJS14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
If they could pull of getting #2, #4, #10 and #14..

I'd consider keeping #10 and #14 rather than using them to move up as well. Assuming we get Wiggins and Exum, we could take Saric at #10 and stash him for 2 years. There should be a good SG remaining at #14, and Zach LaVine would be a dream scenario for me. We would have one of the most athletic and versatile lineups in the league in a few years with Exum, LaVine, Wiggins, Saric and Noel.

KJS14 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:42 AM
  #150
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
If they could pull of getting #2, #4, #10 and #14..

I'd consider keeping #10 and #14 rather than using them to move up as well. Assuming we get Wiggins and Exum, we could take Saric at #10 and stash him for 2 years. There should be a good SG remaining at #14, and Zach LaVine would be a dream scenario for me. We would have one of the most athletic and versatile lineups in the league in a few years with Exum, LaVine, Wiggins, Saric and Noel.
If we make no trades this year i would love LaVine at 10. That would give us a very intresting backcourt, plus flexability if we do trade mcw down the line since Lavine can play PG.

I would be all over Vonleh. He seems to me like a great compliment to Noel. A frontcourt of Wiggins Vonleh and Noel....that would be a dream.

Jtown is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.