HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash Part II

View Poll Results: Do you want to get rid of Rick Nash?
Yes 153 65.95%
No 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Lundquest
♔ -30- ♔

vCash: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBrassard View Post
If it is Nash, I bet it's a leg issue. He just doesn't have the same explosiveness he used to, or balance.
It would make sense. Hopefully that is the actual reason rather than playing this way healthy.

Old
06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Ranger luck.
It really wouldnt surprise me at all

Old
06-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xref View Post
Richter on the radio today says that someone who should be showing up on the scoresheet is playing injured. I'm guessing that it's Nash. Maybe a wrist or shoulder issue? Or it could be Richards, but I'm betting Nash. Could explain a lot.
Interesting.

Old
06-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBrassard View Post
If it is Nash, I bet it's a leg issue. He just doesn't have the same explosiveness he used to, or balance.

It would make sense. Hopefully that is the actual reason rather than playing this way healthy.

^uhmmm yeah if it turns out he's been eating cheeseburgers and waffle fries i'm gonna be PISSED.

in all seriousness though he does look out of shape to me. a little throwback to Richards always playing catch-up last season?

Old
06-11-2014, 08:06 AM
CJCNYR

if it is Nash people will likely just call him selfish for playing through the injury.

Old
06-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
if it is Nash people will likely just call him selfish for playing through the injury.
If it's Nash, I'm willing to cut him some slack for his numbers. I don't think it is, though.

If I had to guess, I would pick Kreider. It looked like he tweaked his knee more than once in the Montreal series. He hasn't really has the same impact since.

Old
06-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Lundquest
♔ -30- ♔

vCash: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
If it's Nash, I'm willing to cut him some slack for his numbers. I don't think it is, though.

If I had to guess, I would pick Kreider. It looked like he tweaked his knee more than once in the Montreal series. He hasn't really has the same impact since.
He's looked pretty good to me. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with Kreider.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

A leg issue is definitely the reason he has been skating and defending well, yet not scoring since his entire playoff history.

Problem solved!

Old
06-11-2014, 11:22 AM
yrrebbor

Can someone call him and remind him that he HAS to win this game?

Old
06-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Draft Guru

Well, Gaborik struggled scoring in '12 and the injury was a torn labrum. So I'll say a torn labrum for Nash.

Old
06-11-2014, 12:44 PM
tjs252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xref View Post
Richter on the radio today says that someone who should be showing up on the scoresheet is playing injured. I'm guessing that it's Nash. Maybe a wrist or shoulder issue? Or it could be Richards, but I'm betting Nash. Could explain a lot.
I hate these cryptic statements. Quite literally, Stepan should be showing up on the score sheet and he's playing injured. Ergo, the statement is true and the inferences drawn are completely bogus. Either say Nash is playing through a lot of pain, or Richards is so hurt he shouldn't be out there, etc etc rather than leaving it up to a guessing game.

Honestly, Richards is so far removed from where he was against Pittsburgh I'd bet it's him, Nash has been pretty soft most of the playoffs. He didn't use his body until game 3 and that's not the kind of play/turnaround that supports the theory that Nash is hurt.

Old
06-11-2014, 12:47 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Honestly, I'd guess MSL. He did miss the last game of the season, and while he has been good, I've felt he's looked a little off at times, whereas Nash/Richards just don't look injured to me.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-11-2014, 01:36 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Honestly, I'd guess MSL. He did miss the last game of the season, and while he has been good, I've felt he's looked a little off at times, whereas Nash/Richards just don't look injured to me.
I agree. I definitely dont think its Nash. He has shown explosiveness at times but not consistently. Not enough killer instinct. Though the last game he looked like he wanted the puck.

Old
06-11-2014, 01:37 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We need a hero and its gotta be Rick Nash.

Old
06-11-2014, 02:42 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

still gotta laugh. alot of excuse makers here. now its the... "hes gotta be hurt" crowd speaking up. lol.

dude is huge. hes fast. has enormous reach and leverage. hes a vet. he gets top line minutes and all he does is NOT score for a team that desperately needs a vet scorer to step up. he has been pretty much a no show. all but invisible but for his impersonation of a 3rd line energy guy/checker.

sounds alot like the same arguments that were made to keep cally. all the "intangibles" he brought to the team. leadership and grit.

ya...no.

nash scored 30 in the reg season. hes a proven goal scorer but he cant score in the playoffs. dude aint hurt. hes not snake bit. hes the prototypical big guy who plays small.

he lacks heart. plain and simple. he just cant get it done in the clutch. that not a personal attack. thats just reality.

and no... hes not the only one either.

Old
06-11-2014, 02:55 PM
CJCNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
still gotta laugh. alot of excuse makers here. now its the... "hes gotta be hurt" crowd speaking up. lol.

dude is huge. hes fast. has enormous reach and leverage. hes a vet. he gets top line minutes and all he does is NOT score for a team that desperately needs a vet scorer to step up. he has been pretty much a no show. all but invisible but for his impersonation of a 3rd line energy guy/checker.

sounds alot like the same arguments that were made to keep cally. all the "intangibles" he brought to the team. leadership and grit.

ya...no.

nash scored 30 in the reg season. hes a proven goal scorer but he cant score in the playoffs. dude aint hurt. hes not snake bit. hes the prototypical big guy who plays small.

he lacks heart. plain and simple. he just cant get it done in the clutch. that not a personal attack. thats just reality.

and no... hes not the only one either.
How about a team that can hold a 2 goal lead? If they held those leads and were up 2-1 at this point, you wouldn't even be in here talking about Nash.

All but invisible.... besides Zucc please tell me how many forwards played better than him last game.

You are right it is his norm to shoot 3%, not snake bitten at all. He just sucks and 3% is about right for him since he lacks heart and plays small.

9 GWG says otherwise about he can't get it done in the clutch

Old
06-11-2014, 03:15 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
How about a team that can hold a 2 goal lead? If they held those leads and were up 2-1 at this point, you wouldn't even be in here talking about Nash.

All but invisible.... besides Zucc please tell me how many forwards played better than him last game.

You are right it is his norm to shoot 3%, not snake bitten at all. He just sucks and 3% is about right for him since he lacks heart and plays small.

9 GWG says otherwise about he can't get it done in the clutch
rick nash hasnt played well irregardless of losing leads. hes a goal scorer who hasnt scored a goal.

to say that his playoff houdini act is some how lessened if we are winning 2-1, is completely bogus.

thats the truth.

Old
06-11-2014, 03:19 PM
CJCNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
rick nash hasnt played well irregardless of losing leads. hes a goal scorer who hasnt scored a goal.

to say that his playoff houdini act is some how lessened if we are winning 2-1, is completely bogus.

thats the truth.
incorrect, he has played well, he just has been kept off the score sheet.

Blaming Nash when this team has blown numerous 2 goal leads is just silly.

Up 4-2 in the 3rd, well clearly Nash is why we lost 5-4 because he did not score.

Old
06-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 744
If Nash played like he did last game every game, I would never loft another criticism towards him.

He drove to the net with the puck, he looked like he wanted the puck, all I was asking for was that he looked like he wanted to make a difference and last game he looked that way to me.

Not sure if he can sustain that at any sort of regular pace, but even without scoring I'd take that Nash.

Chemistry or lack there of seemingly with anyone, the Nash from last game, they'd figure it out.

Old
06-11-2014, 03:39 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
incorrect, he has played well, he just has been kept off the score sheet.

Blaming Nash when this team has blown numerous 2 goal leads is just silly.

Up 4-2 in the 3rd, well clearly Nash is why we lost 5-4 because he did not score.
again, no.

playing well for rick nash has to include scoring. it has to.

it can be that he played well if we won the game and he HADNT scored. thats fine.he does alot of other things.

however, we are down 3-0 and he hasnt scored.

if hes played "well" at this point then either he isnt an important player for us- he is, or what he does when he plays well isnt nearly enough to warrant what hes paid or how much ice he gets- prob more like it.

Old
06-11-2014, 09:08 PM
3rd Guy High

Richards is the one who's hurt. He's playing scared out there. Think it's fairly obvious. He's a conn smythe winner and refuses to take a hit to make a play.

Old
06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
slipknottin

Nash is playing the exact same way he did when he was scoring.

The difference is what always worried me. Nash during the regular season dominated on his power moves to the net. In the playoffs that time and space disappears and that move doesn't work.

Nash is not a sniper, he's not going to score a lot of goals shooting from out wide.

He hasent played badly at all, this is mostly what should have been expected

Old
06-11-2014, 09:22 PM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Richards is the one who's hurt. He's playing scared out there. Think it's fairly obvious. He's a conn smythe winner and refuses to take a hit to make a play.
Richards must have been hurt for two years then.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:11 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Time for the post game Nash coddling. He didn't lose us the game boys! I'm sure he can score on an open net...oh wait, nvm.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Nash has been good at everything except scoring goals (which of course is his main purpose). At least he's contributing. The fact that AV is putting him on the ice in important times of the game to protect a lead is a good thing. At least he's not useless.

Closed Thread