HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

and down the stretch they come

Old
03-25-2007, 12:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
k, with Detroit getting 1 point and Nashville 2 today, the lead is back to even points (preds by 2 having played 1 game more). My question now that it seems more relevant, who has the tiebreaker if it comes down to it, Nashville or Detroit?
it's head to head matchups...which i believe detroit has already clinched...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:18 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
it's head to head matchups...which i believe detroit has already clinched...
below find the tie breaking procedure(head-2-head is #3 which detroit has). right now we have more wins(48 vs 45) which is #2. pts % = #pts/max possible pts or pts/(2x#games played). so 54 pts in 40 games = 54/(2x40)=.675 this one is only useful during the season(for all star stuff i would think). at the end everyone will be taking their pts total and dividing by (2x82), so you can just go on pts. we also have the #4 tiebreaker right now.

Tie Breaking Procedure
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:
1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2. The greater number of games won.
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:23 AM
irisheyes555

btw: did anyone else notice the pete highjacking my catch phrase tonight. during the game when they were talking about how things were getting tight pete said it reminded them of a horse race announcer.....and down the stretch they come. crispy thought he was going to make some reference to chicken, which was totally lost on me.

Old
03-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
btw: did anyone else notice the pete highjacking my catch phrase tonight. during the game when they were talking about how things were getting tight pete said it reminded them of a horse race announcer.....and down the stretch they come. crispy thought he was going to make some reference to chicken, which was totally lost on me.
Yes I did.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 08:22 AM
RollingPredFan

This may come down to the last game. I hope my nerves can take it LOL

This last homestand is HUGE, that goes without saying LOL

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Pred303

the theme for the week.. stop and enjoy this week, one we'll probably always remember as hockey fans.. games to savor, like a fine wine, a great steak cooked just right, that beautiful girl walking by in a pair of perfect ftting jeans... uh, wait i digress, almost lost my original train of thought there.

monday
anaheim (76) at detroit (76).. our two main competitors going at it

tuesday
edmonton at nashville (77).. another big chance to keep pace and pressure on detroit and buffalo

wednesday
anaheim (77) at chicago.. ducks game in hand
new jersey at buffalo (76).. last gasp for devils

thursday
anaheim (78) at columbus.. 2nd of a back to back for the ducks on the road
detroit (77) at nashville (78).. what else could be said?

friday
dallas at detroit (78).. last really difficult game for the wings on paper
new york islanders at buffalo (77).. islanders will be desperate, one of the sabres 2 games in hand

saturday
buffalo (78) at montreal.. montreal gives them fits at home
anaheim (79) at st louis.. a tough matchup hopefully on the road
dallas at nashville (79).. the revenge game, cranked up about two notches in importance

sunday
detroit (79) at columbus.. the wings game in hand, can pray for a miracle again

takes us straight into april, what a week of hockey we have here people.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
As long as we win the Central Division, I don't care if we end up first, second or third in the West (or overall). First would be great of course, but I just want to finish ahead of "them."

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
xEx

I think the winner of this last Nash vs Detriot meeting will take the central and 1st in the West. This stretch run is gonna be interesting. It would be great for the Predators to send a message to the west entering the playoffs.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
the theme for the week.. stop and enjoy this week, one we'll probably always remember as hockey fans.. games to savor, like a fine wine, a great steak cooked just right, that beautiful girl walking by in a pair of perfect ftting jeans... uh, wait i digress, almost lost my original train of thought there.

monday
anaheim (76) at detroit (76).. our two main competitors going at it

tuesday
edmonton at nashville (77).. another big chance to keep pace and pressure on detroit and buffalo

wednesday
anaheim (77) at chicago.. ducks game in hand
new jersey at buffalo (76).. last gasp for devils

thursday
anaheim (78) at columbus.. 2nd of a back to back for the ducks on the road

friday
new york islanders at buffalo (77).. islanders will be desperate, one of the sabres 2 games in hand

saturday
buffalo (78) at montreal.. montreal gives them fits at home
anaheim (79) at st louis.. a tough matchup hopefully on the road
dallas at nashville (79).. the revenge game, cranked up about two notches in importance

sunday
detroit (79) at columbus.. the wings game in hand, can pray for a miracle again

takes us straight into april, what a week of hockey we have here people.
I like the way this week is set up for us ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Wings fan with amnesia? Must be nice to be able to forget last year.....

I was kidding.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
t
thursday

friday

saturday

This little stretch of Dallas playing both teams on the road sets up nicely for you. Thursday night Detroit will be sky high playing a big game against the Preds, while the Stars will be sleeping in a hotel room waiting for the Wings to fly back to Detroit. Friday, the Stars will be catching the Wings the night after the Preds game, while the Preds will be sleeping at home in Nashville. Saturday, the Preds will be rested and catching the Stars traveling to Nashville after a tough game with the Wings.

Over the coarse of a long season, these things even themselves out, but for this little stretch the I like the way it falls for the Preds.

PS: Biggest winner in the Islanders trading for Ryan Smyth? The Preds. The Oilers have not been the same team since they traded him.

Good luck (but not too much) Thursday night. Here is to seeing a great hockey game with hopefully neither team losing a player to injury. Once of us will have the #1 seed and the other the #4. Here is to us both taking care of business in round I and meeting in Round II.

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
This little stretch of Dallas playing both teams on the road sets up nicely for you. Thursday night Detroit will be sky high playing a big game against the Preds, while the Stars will be sleeping in a hotel room waiting for the Wings to fly back to Detroit. Friday, the Stars will be catching the Wings the night after the Preds game, while the Preds will be sleeping at home in Nashville. Saturday, the Preds will be rested and catching the Stars traveling to Nashville after a tough game with the Wings.

Over the coarse of a long season, these things even themselves out, but for this little stretch the I like the way it falls for the Preds.

PS: Biggest winner in the Islanders trading for Ryan Smyth? The Preds. The Oilers have not been the same team since they traded him.

Good luck (but not too much) Thursday night. Here is to seeing a great hockey game with hopefully neither team losing a player to injury. Once of us will have the #1 seed and the other the #4. Here is to us both taking care of business in round I and meeting in Round II.

we need some sort of advantage since the wings have gotten guys back from injury and we are more shorthanded now than the last 2 times we played. nobody has returned from injury yet and toots is still in time-out. maybe hartnell, sully and nichol will return soon since they have been skating, but i doubt they will tomorrow night. we will try to do it again with smoke and mirrors.

Old
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
we need some sort of advantage since the wings have gotten guys back from injury and we are more shorthanded now than the last 2 times we played. nobody has returned from injury yet and toots is still in time-out. maybe hartnell, sully and nichol will return soon since they have been skating, but i doubt they will tomorrow night. we will try to do it again with smoke and mirrors.
Our big gun that was red hot before being injured, Zetterberg is still out. He is capable of dominating at both ends of the ice.

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Our big gun that was red hot before being injured, Zetterberg is still out. He is capable of dominating at both ends of the ice.
i think Zetterberg and Lebda may be out for the wings. but bertuzzi, cleary, frazen and markov have all returned.

since the 5-2 loss in nashville(3/14), we have lost erat for and estimated 4 weeks and (lights out) toots for 5 games(this being the last one). combined with hartnell, nichol and sully not returning yet that makes 5 Forwards. and i dare say that combined they are a bigger scoring hole to fill than zetterberg. not to mention that is 5 bodies that you have to replace as opposed to just one. while the call-ups perverley and abid have played OK and others have tried to step up(arnott and radulov), there are only so many parts you can take away before the offensive production starts to fall off. at least nobody can complain for ice time. we finished the last 2 periods against the oilers with 10Fs and 6D, thanks to kimo getting hurt and a bad game misconduct call against hordy(tie down got pulled off during a fight and they said it wasn't on properly).

just hope we can eek this one out.