HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Several Montreal Canadiens prospects enjoyed long and productive postseasons

Old
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Several Montreal Canadiens prospects enjoyed long and productive postseasons

With the Hamilton Bulldogs failing to capture an AHL playoff spot, the Montreal Canadiens recalled a large group of prospects, including Nathan Beaulieu and Dustin Tokarski, as the Black Aces practice squad. Michael Bournival and Jarred Tinordi were already playing at the NHL level at the end of the NHL regular season and were part of Montreal's playoff roster.  

At the CHL level, the Canadiens were fortunate enough to have Mike McCarron playing for the 2014 Memorial Cup, which was hosted by the London Knights.

NHL

Bournival brought energy to the Canadiens fourth line and caused problems for the Lightning, Bruins, and Rangers defensemen with his forechecking and speed.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 08:35 PM
PricePkPatch

Is Bournival considered a "prospect" with 60 GP?!

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Is Bournival considered a "prospect" with 60 GP?!
Yes, he just got into the league and he's not an established player in the sense where he hasn't unleashed his full potential and he doesn't exactly know what role he will have in the organisation. I doubt that he'll be a 4th liner for ever. He was NHL ready and did the jump, but he has much more to do.

Stripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 09:45 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Yes, he just got into the league and he's not an established player in the sense where he hasn't unleashed his full potential and he doesn't exactly know what role he will have in the organisation. I doubt that he'll be a 4th liner for ever. He was NHL ready and did the jump, but he has much more to do.
Bournival plays like the Habs prospects of the past, a 200 ft game with lots of promise, reminds me of a young Plekanec in a lot of good ways.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
HabsFan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Bournival plays like the Habs prospects of the past, a 200 ft game with lots of promise, reminds me of a young Plekanec in a lot of good ways.
Unfortunately, I don't see Bournival having the same offensive ceiling as Plekanec as his offensive hockey IQ isn't his strong suit. I think he tops out as a 20-30 point 3rd liner who plays a complete 200 ft game, but that is still pretty good imo.

HabsFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote