HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gorges size

Old
03-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Gorges size

Is it just me or does Gorges looks tiny on the ice? He is listed as 6' - 6'1", 195 lbs, which is about Markov size, but he looks so small out there. Well, maybe we used to have a big guy wearing #26 just before him.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:22 AM
le_sean

He does look a little thin, but nothing some offseason workouts can't cure. If he can pack on some muscle he will be a good #6-7 d-man seeing as how he can skate and has talent with the puck on his stick. Not only that but he seems like he has a lot of heart too.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:46 AM
habsrock76

He does look tiny out there. Could be wearing smaller equipment. I like his upside though, stays square with his man, has decent puck skills, and skates well.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 08:12 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
He does look tiny out there. Could be wearing smaller equipment. I like his upside though, stays square with his man, has decent puck skills, and skates well.
i like him too . he is younger than rivet and has much more upside and potential , if he adds some meat to his frame he can play top four minutes , this trade could turn out to be a huge steal for the habs .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 10:37 AM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i like him too . he is younger than rivet and has much more upside and potential , if he adds some meat to his frame he can play top four minutes , this trade could turn out to be a huge steal for the habs .
well maybe not a huge steal but a good trade... I don't think Gorges can become a Rivet but if we combine the 1st pick and he thrns out to be a good player, well we will be able to say that we won this trade...

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 10:40 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Gorges... Top 4 minutes...

La Grosse Tendresse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:08 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
May be... We never know dude!

He is only 22 years old... Its pretty young for a d-men who is playing often. He got a good hockey sense, not to much brain cramp in his own, he get beat up down low in the corner because he needs to add some weights to his body. I was at the Bell Center yesterday and I notice that he is always calm and make a good first pass...

So its not out of opportunity in a few years because he is very sound well positional, good first pass, got a good speed, if he add some muscle on he can be very good in his own zone and with his first pass ability he can manages to get 4-5 goals and 20-25 in a few years.

Let the kid the time to develop.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Oh, I agree that the guy could be very serviceable. But believing that he can be more than a #5-6 guy is falling in the same Dandenault/Bouillon trap...

La Grosse Tendresse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:37 PM
ti-vite

Interesting Carbonneau comment here about Gorges

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/226047.html

Quote:
Guy Carbonneau a apporté un changement à sa formation. Josh Gorges a remplacé Janne Niinimaa à la ligne bleue.

«On ne veut pas le perdre», a dit Carbo en parlant de la dernière acquisition du Canadien.
Translation:

Guy Carbonneau made a chage to his line-up. Josh Gorges replaced Janne Ninimaa at the bleu line.

'We do not want to loose him', said carbo referring to latest Habs aquisition.

I don't understand that comment?

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:44 PM
kdawg3522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Interesting Carbonneau comment here about Gorges

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/226047.html

Translation:

Guy Carbonneau made a chage to his line-up. Josh Gorges replaced Janne Ninimaa at the bleu line.

'We do not want to loose him', said carbo referring to latest Habs aquisition.

I don't understand that comment?
I think he meant that we should play someone that we will keep (Gorges) rather than someone we won't (Niinimaa).

kdawg3522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Habs13

He seems to dive in front of a lot of shots, thats a great sign. Shows heart. At 22, he has oodles of oom to impove. Good kid.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 02:29 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
what a well thought out response but i'll reply anyway . i remember when markov was a rookie on this team and he would get pushed around in similar fashion but he continued to work hard and got stronger so i see no reason why gorges can't do the same . now i'm not saying that he will turn into a markov like defenceman but to say it's an impossibility for him to play top four minutes at some point in the future really deserves one of your patented 's . the only thing i see preventing him from doing so are his physical short comings he has all of the ingredients that he needs ; good skater , good first pass , sees the ice well , sound positionally , good hockey sense and plays with heart and courage add 15-20 pounds of muscle shake well and you have a top four defenceman . i'm not saying that it will happen but to dismiss it out of hand is just silly .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote