HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Sign Petr Zamorsky to 2yr deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
  #76
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
moore's not an instinctual enough player to ever progress particularly far

his skating being as good as it's been stunted his development because it was a crutch for learning better play in general

diaz's brain in moore's body is an all star
Diaz isn't exactly renowned as the most intelligent hockey player. The guy was scratched traded twice this year and is not even in our lineup. John Moore > Diaz by far.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
  #77
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
Diaz is a little overrated here by some. He's been around a little while--he has history apart from being a Ranger. Canadiens posters were salivating about us inserting him into the lineup when Moore got suspended. Why?--because for all his offensive gifts there was very little ever offensive production and because they thought he sucked defensively. He got moved to Vancouver and the Canucks moved him on quickly to us. If he were so special--he would have found a home in one of those cities. He came to New York and when he did get a chance he played fairly well--but the Rangers defense is more structured than most and it's easier to fit in when you're playing with steady defensive oriented guys--like Klein.

Klein steadied John Moore as well. Moore has played very well since Klein came on board. He no longer is running all over the defensive end as he very often did paired with Del Zotto who was also prone to panicking. Rangers made the right decision keeping Moore. Diaz is simply insurance--a UFA when the season is over and not someone you give a serious contract to. I don't expect him at training camp in September. I don't expect the Rangers will sign him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
  #78
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Diaz is a little overrated here by some. He's been around a little while--he has history apart from being a Ranger. Canadiens posters were salivating about us inserting him into the lineup when Moore got suspended. Why?--because for all his offensive gifts there was very little ever offensive production and because they thought he sucked defensively. He got moved to Vancouver and the Canucks moved him on quickly to us. If he were so special--he would have found a home in one of those cities. He came to New York and when he did get a chance he played fairly well--but the Rangers defense is more structured than most and it's easier to fit in when you're playing with steady defensive oriented guys--like Klein.

Klein steadied John Moore as well. Moore has played very well since Klein came on board. He no longer is running all over the defensive end as he very often did paired with Del Zotto who was also prone to panicking. Rangers made the right decision keeping Moore. Diaz is simply insurance--a UFA when the season is over and not someone you give a serious contract to. I don't expect him at training camp in September. I don't expect the Rangers will sign him.
Agree 100%. He played that one game in the regular season where he looked phenomenal on the PP, shooting the puck, and everyone was drooling. He's underwhelming IMO. Moore is the far superior player.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
  #79
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Agree 100%. He played that one game in the regular season where he looked phenomenal on the PP, shooting the puck, and everyone was drooling. He's underwhelming IMO. Moore is the far superior player.
If Moore can pick up his play on the defensive side of the ice just a bit more, and also improve himself on the power play (in an attempt to be able to QB the 2nd unit), then we're in good shape. At that point, Moore = Diaz offensively, and Moore = Klein defensively...

I'll take that any day for the cost we incur keeping him.

TheTakedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 11:29 AM
  #80
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Looks like Diaz insurance. Rangers lack RH PMD and their PP shows as a result.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
  #81
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
If Moore can pick up his play on the defensive side of the ice just a bit more, and also improve himself on the power play (in an attempt to be able to QB the 2nd unit), then we're in good shape. At that point, Moore = Diaz offensively, and Moore = Klein defensively...

I'll take that any day for the cost we incur keeping him.
I hope Moore can be better than Diaz offensively. Diaz isn't that good offensively.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 01:54 PM
  #82
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
I hope Moore can be better than Diaz offensively. Diaz isn't that good offensively.
I'm not saying it is guaranteed but I would say it's absolutely possible considering moore has an even better set of tools than Diaz does.... Its a matter if whether or not he learns to use them properly and to their biggest potential

TheTakedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 01:56 PM
  #83
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I'm not saying it is guaranteed but I would say it's absolutely possible considering moore has an even better set of tools than Diaz does.... Its a matter if whether or not he learns to use them properly and to their biggest potential
Agreed

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM
  #84
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 20,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Looks like Diaz insurance. Rangers lack RH PMD and their PP shows as a result.
He's just a kid who the Rangers think might have a future. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Diaz in any capacity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
  #85
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Agreed
Biggest downfall is that Moore has a bag of pucks for a brain... So its a coin flip on whether or not he develops properly. He could easily work in a 2nd pairing and I'm willing to give him slack since a) CLB completely ****ed up his development and b) he's only 23. Our development system is mountains better than CLBs and ulf Is a great defensive coach. Klein is a great partner for him as well. So his future is looking up from here.

TheTakedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
  #86
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's just a kid who the Rangers think might have a future. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Diaz in any capacity.
Give the NYR board enough time and they'll find a way to connect a new M&M color with Glen Sather's free agency plans.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
  #87
EpicDing
Chris K-POP Kreider
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Give the NYR board enough time and they'll find a way to connect a new M&M color with Glen Sather's free agency plans.
What's the newest color, brown? The Browns are from Cleveland, Cleveland is in Ohio, Columbus is in Ohio, Columbus has the Blue Jackets, one of their top players is Johansen, Johansen is an RFA. Sather is gonna offer sheet Johansen.

amidoingitrite

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
  #88
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Give the NYR board enough time and they'll find a way to connect a new M&M color with Glen Sather's free agency plans.


Classic.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
  #89
FLYLine27
BUCH
 
FLYLine27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 40,589
vCash: 500
So with Zamorsky coming to NA this year to play, whats the scoop on him? Potential?

He played just 35 games this year split between the Finnish and Swedish leagues, was he injured for a portion of the season?

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 01:42 PM
  #90
cwede
Registered User
 
cwede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
So with Zamorsky coming to NA this year to play, whats the scoop on him? Potential?
He played just 35 games this year split between the Finnish and Swedish leagues, was he injured for a portion of the season?
Has a great year in Czech league '13-14:
- Czech Extraliga Best Defenseman 13/14
- Czech Extraliga Champion 13/14
- Czech Extraliga Playoffs Best Plus/Minus 13/14
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70391

last season, stepped up to Finnish league and then to Swedish

Righty with some skill and experience, having played 3 years against men.
Probably slot ahead of Noreau and Donnay on the Right side

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 01:44 PM
  #91
FLYLine27
BUCH
 
FLYLine27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 40,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
Has a great year in Czech league '13-14:
- Czech Extraliga Best Defenseman 13/14
- Czech Extraliga Champion 13/14
- Czech Extraliga Playoffs Best Plus/Minus 13/14
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70391

last season, stepped up to Finnish league and then to Swedish

Righty with some skill and experience, having played 3 years against men.
Probably slot ahead of Noreau and Donnay on the Right side
He was named the best defenseman as a 21 year old against men? Damn.....


Anyone know how he did this season in the limited amount of games?

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 02:40 PM
  #92
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: yo old soorbrockon
Country: Germany
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
So somewhere down the line this is the Dan Boyle replacement.

Cool.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:00 PM
  #93
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,687
vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfonmoni View Post
So somewhere down the line this is the Dan Boyle replacement.

Cool.
I'm high on him, seen him in the WC and he reminds me quite a bit of Stralman.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:02 PM
  #94
Dactyl*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bofflol
Country: United States
Posts: 17,736
vCash: 500
The savior

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:03 PM
  #95
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,687
vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
The savior
we can dream, can't we?

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:03 PM
  #96
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: yo old soorbrockon
Country: Germany
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Well let's hope it happens.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:05 PM
  #97
Dactyl*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bofflol
Country: United States
Posts: 17,736
vCash: 500
Petr the great

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:10 PM
  #98
Capt McDonut
That was Vesey
 
Capt McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Great another dman that can't skate on the right side..

Capt McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:13 PM
  #99
Capt McDonut
That was Vesey
 
Capt McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
What's the newest color, brown? The Browns are from Cleveland, Cleveland is in Ohio, Columbus is in Ohio, Columbus has the Blue Jackets, one of their top players is Johansen, Johansen is an RFA. Sather is gonna offer sheet Johansen.

amidoingitrite
This is so great its not even funny

And I'm pretty sure in one of bernmeisters plans we actually do go after him

Capt McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2015, 03:35 PM
  #100
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
vCash: 500
The cup is ours!

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.