HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Sign Petr Zamorsky to 2yr deal

Old
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
moore's not an instinctual enough player to ever progress particularly far

his skating being as good as it's been stunted his development because it was a crutch for learning better play in general

diaz's brain in moore's body is an all star
Diaz isn't exactly renowned as the most intelligent hockey player. The guy was scratched traded twice this year and is not even in our lineup. John Moore > Diaz by far.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
eco's bones

Diaz is a little overrated here by some. He's been around a little while--he has history apart from being a Ranger. Canadiens posters were salivating about us inserting him into the lineup when Moore got suspended. Why?--because for all his offensive gifts there was very little ever offensive production and because they thought he sucked defensively. He got moved to Vancouver and the Canucks moved him on quickly to us. If he were so special--he would have found a home in one of those cities. He came to New York and when he did get a chance he played fairly well--but the Rangers defense is more structured than most and it's easier to fit in when you're playing with steady defensive oriented guys--like Klein.

Klein steadied John Moore as well. Moore has played very well since Klein came on board. He no longer is running all over the defensive end as he very often did paired with Del Zotto who was also prone to panicking. Rangers made the right decision keeping Moore. Diaz is simply insurance--a UFA when the season is over and not someone you give a serious contract to. I don't expect him at training camp in September. I don't expect the Rangers will sign him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Diaz is a little overrated here by some. He's been around a little while--he has history apart from being a Ranger. Canadiens posters were salivating about us inserting him into the lineup when Moore got suspended. Why?--because for all his offensive gifts there was very little ever offensive production and because they thought he sucked defensively. He got moved to Vancouver and the Canucks moved him on quickly to us. If he were so special--he would have found a home in one of those cities. He came to New York and when he did get a chance he played fairly well--but the Rangers defense is more structured than most and it's easier to fit in when you're playing with steady defensive oriented guys--like Klein.

Klein steadied John Moore as well. Moore has played very well since Klein came on board. He no longer is running all over the defensive end as he very often did paired with Del Zotto who was also prone to panicking. Rangers made the right decision keeping Moore. Diaz is simply insurance--a UFA when the season is over and not someone you give a serious contract to. I don't expect him at training camp in September. I don't expect the Rangers will sign him.
Agree 100%. He played that one game in the regular season where he looked phenomenal on the PP, shooting the puck, and everyone was drooling. He's underwhelming IMO. Moore is the far superior player.

Old
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Agree 100%. He played that one game in the regular season where he looked phenomenal on the PP, shooting the puck, and everyone was drooling. He's underwhelming IMO. Moore is the far superior player.
If Moore can pick up his play on the defensive side of the ice just a bit more, and also improve himself on the power play (in an attempt to be able to QB the 2nd unit), then we're in good shape. At that point, Moore = Diaz offensively, and Moore = Klein defensively...

I'll take that any day for the cost we incur keeping him.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 11:29 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Looks like Diaz insurance. Rangers lack RH PMD and their PP shows as a result.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
If Moore can pick up his play on the defensive side of the ice just a bit more, and also improve himself on the power play (in an attempt to be able to QB the 2nd unit), then we're in good shape. At that point, Moore = Diaz offensively, and Moore = Klein defensively...

I'll take that any day for the cost we incur keeping him.
I hope Moore can be better than Diaz offensively. Diaz isn't that good offensively.

Old
06-13-2014, 01:54 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
I hope Moore can be better than Diaz offensively. Diaz isn't that good offensively.
I'm not saying it is guaranteed but I would say it's absolutely possible considering moore has an even better set of tools than Diaz does.... Its a matter if whether or not he learns to use them properly and to their biggest potential

Old
06-13-2014, 01:56 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I'm not saying it is guaranteed but I would say it's absolutely possible considering moore has an even better set of tools than Diaz does.... Its a matter if whether or not he learns to use them properly and to their biggest potential
Agreed

Old
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Looks like Diaz insurance. Rangers lack RH PMD and their PP shows as a result.
He's just a kid who the Rangers think might have a future. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Diaz in any capacity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Agreed
Biggest downfall is that Moore has a bag of pucks for a brain... So its a coin flip on whether or not he develops properly. He could easily work in a 2nd pairing and I'm willing to give him slack since a) CLB completely ****ed up his development and b) he's only 23. Our development system is mountains better than CLBs and ulf Is a great defensive coach. Klein is a great partner for him as well. So his future is looking up from here.

Old
06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's just a kid who the Rangers think might have a future. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with Diaz in any capacity.
Give the NYR board enough time and they'll find a way to connect a new M&M color with Glen Sather's free agency plans.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Give the NYR board enough time and they'll find a way to connect a new M&M color with Glen Sather's free agency plans.
What's the newest color, brown? The Browns are from Cleveland, Cleveland is in Ohio, Columbus is in Ohio, Columbus has the Blue Jackets, one of their top players is Johansen, Johansen is an RFA. Sather is gonna offer sheet Johansen.

amidoingitrite

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post

Classic.