HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bright Spot - Brock Radunske

Old
03-25-2007, 01:26 PM
tru_gq

vCash: 500
Bright Spot - Brock Radunske

Hey everyone, is anyone else impressed with the recent play of Brock in the ECHL this past month. Hopefully he gets a long look at Training camp and then is on our new AHL affiliate.

Seems like over the last couple years he has turned the corner and become a consistant scoring threat.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=63186

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Cerebral

He's essentially a 24 year old playing in the ECHL so I'm not going to get my hopes up. He could certainly emerge as an older guy like Pisani did for the Oilers but I'm going to wait and see how he does in the AHL next season before I start to get optimistic at all.

03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
He's essentially a 24 year old playing in the ECHL so I'm not going to get my hopes up. He could certainly emerge as an older guy like Pisani did for the Oilers but I'm going to wait and see how he does in the AHL next season before I start to get optimistic at all.
With all prospects here in Edmonton we need to take that approach, regardless where they were picked. Those are certainly good #'s in the ECHL, and I do remember commentary from post draft his year is that he's a few years back in terms of devolepment, but has a lot of talent. So, it wouldn't come as a surprise if he's starting to catch up to the 'game' of things. Personally I've been a fan since his draft day (ie. after reading up on him now that he's an Oiler), and think he'll be starting in a 4th/3rd liner to start, and then emerging as a 2nd/3rd by the time season unwinds.

Wishful thinking perhaps on a wildcard, but so far things would have to considered on track of what was expected for his learning curve.

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Rafters

is there really that big a jump from echl to ahl........i would question his icetime in the ahl

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
is there really that big a jump from echl to ahl........i would question his icetime in the ahl
There really is a big difference between ECHL and AHL. Unfortanetly for me, I do hope one day Victoria can upgrade from ECHL to AHL.

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Bryanbryoil

IMO it's nice to see but he has done NOTHING at the AHL level. I'd be surprised to see him in the AHL with the Oilers next season.