HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2014, 07:44 AM
  #201
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Are they adding more seats? Because they can't really accommodate too many more NEW season accounts.
"can't" == "don't want to" because they often make 3 times more selling those seats individually instead of at the STH price

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 07:54 AM
  #202
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
"can't" == "don't want to" because they often make 3 times more selling those seats individually instead of at the STH price
Very true, but either way they are not going to be taking on too many more accounts unless someone is willing to buy lower bowl and the more expensive seats within the lower bowl.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 10:45 AM
  #203
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Are they adding more seats? Because they can't really accommodate too many more NEW season accounts.
im sure theres plenty of overpriced lower bowl full STH available

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 11:10 AM
  #204
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
They want $500 deposit non-refundable to be put on a list for season tickets. That just seems dumb considering I highly doubt anything in the 200s or 400s open up

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 11:22 AM
  #205
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
They want $500 deposit non-refundable to be put on a list for season tickets. That just seems dumb considering I highly doubt anything in the 200s or 400s open up
This is why I have never done it. Probably a bad year to try, but I will inquire about a miniplan once the schedule comes out. Will also continue to try to buy a batch of games from some of the members here.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 11:41 AM
  #206
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
This is why I have never done it. Probably a bad year to try, but I will inquire about a miniplan once the schedule comes out. Will also continue to try to buy a batch of games from some of the members here.
The Canadiens have a STH waiting list and they ask for a $100 deposit. The good thing about that one is you choose the seating category to wait for, so you can request nosebleeds and won't be forced to take it or leave it with ice level seats. There isn't even a list though for the cheapest blue seats

What I like about that waiting list is that it also gives you presale rights to a regular season game, but on the downside they charge an extra $40/year fee just to stay on the list. That probably cuts down the list some for people that drop out but realistically they'll never call your name. They have something like 8000 people on the lists so right there that's an interest free $800,000 loan to the habs and $312,000 in "fee" cash flow per year. Great racket, wish I owned a team

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 12:17 PM
  #207
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Has anyone received info about the relocation time slot?

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 01:28 PM
  #208
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Are they adding more seats? Because they can't really accommodate too many more NEW season accounts.
Yes they can...downstairs.

Interesting thought about the deposit. When I first moved to Minnesota they had a waiting list and required a $100 deposit. They did however take care of those on the list by offering 3 game packages wherever possible and first shot at public sales. I had to get help from an NHL executive at another team to actually get season tickets there (2005)

bobbop is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 01:49 PM
  #209
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
They want $500 deposit non-refundable to be put on a list for season tickets. That just seems dumb considering I highly doubt anything in the 200s or 400s open up
When I put my deposit down right after the lockout it was still $500 but I was told that I could keep my place in line on the wait list if something opened and I turned it down. I got called for seats in the lower bowl and was basically told over the phone take them or wait until the next season and I jumped on them. The next year I moved upstairs and went from 4 seats to 6 seats. I am still paying less today per ticket by about $11 than I did 8 years ago in the lower bowl. If anyone is thinking about making the move for STs I would do it now while Lundqvist is still the King!

Giacomin is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 08:46 AM
  #210
Blueshirt67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
When I put my deposit down right after the lockout it was still $500 but I was told that I could keep my place in line on the wait list if something opened and I turned it down. I got called for seats in the lower bowl and was basically told over the phone take them or wait until the next season and I jumped on them. The next year I moved upstairs and went from 4 seats to 6 seats. I am still paying less today per ticket by about $11 than I did 8 years ago in the lower bowl. If anyone is thinking about making the move for STs I would do it now while Lundqvist is still the King!
I did the same thing 6 years ago, started with 2 in lowers for $95 each and was able to move up into $56 seats the next year which are now $76. I was able to add 2 piggyback uppers last year and am going to try to add 2 more this year.
It was much easier for us because they allowed you to downgrade your seats after paying your dues for a year. Not sure it works that way anymore.
It is great being an STH and I would recommend to anyone considering it to take the plunge.

Blueshirt67 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 03:23 PM
  #211
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Has anyone received their date/time for the seating relocation? My email from May 30th indicated the process would begin the week of June 16, and that I would receive my appointment date about a week before.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 04:06 PM
  #212
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Not sure where to put this, but I will in here, do any of you guys know when the Rangers will hold there usual after season sale?

I'm not familiar as to when this is and how to find out. I never get emails about it.

AHB is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 04:25 PM
  #213
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Not sure where to put this, but I will in here, do any of you guys know when the Rangers will hold there usual after season sale?

I'm not familiar as to when this is and how to find out. I never get emails about it.
The merchandise sale? They haven't done it in a couple of years. Last time they did IIRC was 10-11. Maybe they will now since the renovation is over and they could use the lobby again.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 07:42 PM
  #214
yrrebbor
Registered User
 
yrrebbor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
They want $500 deposit non-refundable to be put on a list for season tickets. That just seems dumb considering I highly doubt anything in the 200s or 400s open up
Is attempting to get a pair in the upper 200's futile for 2014-15?

yrrebbor is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 08:24 PM
  #215
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebbor View Post
Is attempting to get a pair in the upper 200's futile for 2014-15?
You might have to spend a season in the lower bowl. Many of the current STHs did it that way and I am sure almost everyone is happy the way things worked out. The key is to get your foot in the door. I would also not recommend becoming a STH unless you plan on going to at least half of the games.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
  #216
yrrebbor
Registered User
 
yrrebbor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
You might have to spend a season in the lower bowl. Many of the current STHs did it that way and I am sure almost everyone is happy the way things worked out. The key is to get your foot in the door. I would also not recommend becoming a STH unless you plan on going to at least half of the games.
What would the likelihood of being able to downgrade the following year?


I usually end up going to two games a month, usually buying a ticket the day after a loss, for a game in three to four days. Usually spending $65-75 for a single in the 200's.

15 games x $75 = $1,125
41 games x $50 = $2,050

If I go to half the games and sell the tickets I don't go to for face, I'm get to see a few extra games for "free."

yrrebbor is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 02:31 AM
  #217
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
The merchandise sale? They haven't done it in a couple of years. Last time they did IIRC was 10-11. Maybe they will now since the renovation is over and they could use the lobby again.
I figured last year was the only year they didn't do it due to the renovation. I think they did it after the 11-12 year.

Regardless, how would we find out if they're holding it this year?

AHB is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 08:32 AM
  #218
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I figured last year was the only year they didn't do it due to the renovation. I think they did it after the 11-12 year.

Regardless, how would we find out if they're holding it this year?
They usually send out an email. However, IIRC wasnt it always in September? I also seem to remember it was on a random weekday and open only from 11-4 or something like that.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 07:42 PM
  #219
niinah
Section 214
 
niinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: White Plains NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Has anyone received their date/time for the seating relocation? My email from May 30th indicated the process would begin the week of June 16, and that I would receive my appointment date about a week before.
Didn't receive anything, just now e-mailed my rep to ask about this

niinah is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 08:00 PM
  #220
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
They usually send out an email. However, IIRC wasnt it always in September? I also seem to remember it was on a random weekday and open only from 11-4 or something like that.
Used to be April or May depending on when the Knicks and Rangers finished their seasons.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
  #221
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebbor View Post
What would the likelihood of being able to downgrade the following year?


I usually end up going to two games a month, usually buying a ticket the day after a loss, for a game in three to four days. Usually spending $65-75 for a single in the 200's.

15 games x $75 = $1,125
41 games x $50 = $2,050

If I go to half the games and sell the tickets I don't go to for face, I'm get to see a few extra games for "free."
Also factor in exhibition games into your thinking.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 11:31 PM
  #222
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Also factor in exhibition games into your thinking.
3 x toilet paper = $....

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 12:04 AM
  #223
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
3 x toilet paper = $....
For my $86 gallery seats next season that toilet paper adds $6.29 to the base price of each regular season ticket...making the real "face" $92.29.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 12:08 AM
  #224
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Preseason is good for taking the kids to a game in the lower bowl

Although I'm guessing the first preseason game will be in decent demand next season

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 12:12 AM
  #225
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
We have been spoiled the last 3 seasons. Preseason games are total garbage!

Giacomin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.