HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Rohlfs

Old
03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Jamie

vCash: 500
David Rohlfs

I wanted to know opinions about this guy. Excellent stats, apparently a defense guy first despite 33 points in 40 games for U of Michigan, and has good size at 6'3 220 pounds.

Through a connection, someone involved in NHL scouting for another team said that as an Oilers fan I should be excited about Rohlfs. The stats have come to back that up this year now, and it wasn't his offense that the scout raved about. It was his character and his game intelligence. Add in a big shot too and he's a potential power forward. Apprantley for a big guy he's got above average skating too.

What would some of the HF scouts here say about this guy? I think he may be one that's flying under the radar but could end up being a steal for us.

Also, he supposedly plays both RW and Defense at times (or at least last year, I'd have to assume he's been exclusive RW this season with the stats), so he's versatile, which is important on a MacT coached team.

What are the big guy's chances?

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Bryanbryoil

I've watched him a number of times this season, IMO he's a bottom 6 guy in the pro game. He has size and strength, not overly physical, but definately doesn't shy away from contact or physical play either. Skates well, very defensively aware, has a good shot that he lets go on the fly going down the RW. Likes to be in front of the net, and is very good there, at screening shots as well as looking for rebounds, etc. IMO he should be in Springfield next season. His stats started to dip after the first half of the season. That said, IMO he took a tremendous step forward this season as last season he was just an after thought.

03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I've watched him a number of times this season, IMO he's a bottom 6 guy in the pro game. He has size and strength, not overly physical, but definately doesn't shy away from contact or physical play either. Skates well, very defensively aware, has a good shot that he lets go on the fly going down the RW. Likes to be in front of the net, and is very good there, at screening shots as well as looking for rebounds, etc. IMO he should be in Springfield next season. His stats started to dip after the first half of the season. That said, IMO he took a tremendous step forward this season as last season he was just an after thought.
Would a RW version of Moreau be a fair comparable for him at this point?

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Would a RW version of Moreau be a fair comparable for him at this point?
Probably, except slightly less physical and he plays a little more around the net. I don't think that he's as good of a leader either, but that would be a somewhat fair comparison for his up-side.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote