HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Did something controversial happen with CBC?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2014, 09:56 AM
  #1
yoyo999
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Did something controversial happen with CBC?

Quick question.

I saw on my twitter feed some sarcastic tweets about dead air on the cbc. Most notably Dave Hodge and grant mccagg. Did I miss something?

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 09:59 AM
  #2
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
New contract between NHL and Rogers, so Sportsnet gets to broadcast the game from now on. No HNIC anymore.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:05 AM
  #3
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
Quick question.

I saw on my twitter feed some sarcastic tweets about dead air on the cbc. Most notably Dave Hodge and grant mccagg. Did I miss something?
Yup something happened as the cup was being presented the CBC online stream went out, and was replaced by the NBC feed. When CBC came back ~10 minutes later they blamed the 'raucous' building for the loss of transmission. I thought they'd been hacked.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:25 AM
  #4
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
CBC feed craps out at the bet moment after the game. Typical CBC transmission problems, probably had some ancient antenna out in St Johns go down in a wind storm.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:38 AM
  #5
missthenet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
CBC feed craps out at the bet moment after the game. Typical CBC transmission problems, probably had some ancient antenna out in St Johns go down in a wind storm.
When the feed switched my TV screen split in two. I was trying to watch video seeing half the screen.

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
  #6
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,337
vCash: 500
So glad games are not gonna be on RDS anymore!

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 11:07 AM
  #7
peate
Good grief!
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
So glad games are not gonna be on RDS anymore!
They are, 60 of them, plus pre-season.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 11:11 AM
  #8
Forlando
Registered User
 
Forlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
So glad games are not gonna be on RDS anymore!
And that's a good thing because????? you realize that those games will be on TVA only right? if you prefer them..there is certainly something wrong with you.

Forlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 11:40 AM
  #9
vokiel
#FireMolgevin
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,751
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
And that's a good thing because????? you realize that those games will be on TVA only right? if you prefer them..there is certainly something wrong with you.
You can always watch those on CBC.

Anything is better than TVA, even if it's in English.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 12:00 PM
  #10
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,908
vCash: 500
Dave Hodge was fired as head of HNIC when he criticized the network following the networks decision to cut away from a playoff game.

"Now, Montreal and the Philadelphia Flyers are currently playing in overtime, and...we are not able to go there. That's the way things go today in sports and this network. And the Flyers and the Canadiens have us in suspense, and we'll remain that way until we can find out somehow who won this game, or who's responsible for the way we do things here. Goodnight for Hockey Night in Canada."

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 12:35 PM
  #11
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
They are, 60 of them, plus pre-season.
Oh but the games that matter though, where the Stanley Cup is played and decided...

RDS sucks

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:02 PM
  #12
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Dave Hodge was fired as head of HNIC when he criticized the network following the networks decision to cut away from a playoff game.

"Now, Montreal and the Philadelphia Flyers are currently playing in overtime, and...we are not able to go there. That's the way things go today in sports and this network. And the Flyers and the Canadiens have us in suspense, and we'll remain that way until we can find out somehow who won this game, or who's responsible for the way we do things here. Goodnight for Hockey Night in Canada."
Don't forget the pencil toss! That's the part that stands out for us old farts who saw it live.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:07 PM
  #13
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:09 PM
  #14
overlords
#FakeBlous
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
That is ****ing awesome

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:10 PM
  #15
overlords
#FakeBlous
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Oh but the games that matter though, where the Stanley Cup is played and decided...

RDS sucks
TVA will almost surely suck way more. Their PBP team is a joke.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:14 PM
  #16
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,921
vCash: 1782
It's going to be a long 12 years.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:52 PM
  #17
Mason the Goalie
@colinhuII
 
Mason the Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St. Johns
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,159
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
CBC feed craps out at the bet moment after the game. Typical CBC transmission problems, probably had some ancient antenna out in St Johns go down in a wind storm.
Except there was no breeze in the air and its summer.


This is true, in all seriousness.

Mason the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:08 PM
  #18
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
When the feed switched my TV screen split in two. I was trying to watch video seeing half the screen.
It was the same for us as well. So glad CBC is about done with hockey coverage. Imagine watching a game without Ron's cute little scripted storylines... so looking forward to it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:40 PM
  #19
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,176
vCash: 500
I ❤️ Dave Hodge

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 05:01 PM
  #20
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Grant McCagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
Quick question.

I saw on my twitter feed some sarcastic tweets about dead air on the cbc. Most notably Dave Hodge and grant mccagg. Did I miss something?
All I said was "What's going on with CBC?" I don't find that to be notably "sarcastic."

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 06:29 PM
  #21
Power Man
Grrrr
 
Power Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 23,152
vCash: 500
I watched the game on NBC, tbh

Power Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.