HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NBA Finals comparison

Old
06-15-2014, 09:55 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
NBA Finals comparison

I don't know if this will make anyone else feel better and it's a different sport where it's easier to blow a team out and with all due respect to the Kings, they're not the Spurs who are bar none that most successful NBA franchise of the last 15 years. That said they just beat Lebron James' Heat and two time defending champs (4th year in a row in the finals), 4-1. But, unlike us that gave the world great hockey, the Heat lost 4 games by 15 points or more. Anyway, my point was it could be worse and the team did us and the sport proud.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 09:57 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The NBA gods aka the heat got absolutely destroyed by the spurs. 10x worse than anything bias people want to say about the rangers/kings.

No contest at all. At least the rangers had fight in them.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 10:06 PM
machphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
The NBA gods aka the heat got absolutely destroyed by the spurs. 10x worse than anything bias people want to say about the rangers/kings.

Yep... that's what a 5 game blowout looks like. Don't tell the main board that though... we'll see I think Hank is more motivated than ever to win a championship. I want to see it happen so bad, just to see the HF main boards explode with rage.

machphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Zil

I don't get the point of this comparison. Also, the Heat are coming off two straight championships and this was their fourth straight year in the NBA Finals.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 10:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

I was absolutely disgusted when I read on the main board that Lundqvist was the only player from the Rangers showed up. What that tells me is that individual figured that the Rangers sucked and only had one good player and his confirmation bias caused such an idiotic post. Lundqvist did steal us game 4. Game 5, we were definitely outplayed. But it was at worst a toss up in games 1-3. What a disgusting thing to say.

Old
06-15-2014, 10:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I don't get the point of this comparison. Also, the Heat are coming off two straight championships and this was their fourth straight year in the NBA Finals.
That's exactly what I said. That's the point. A great team got their lunch handed to them. We made the sport proud. 3 OT losses. Somehow we got dominated...

Old
06-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Zil

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would expect posters on the main boards to ever give the Rangers props. They have an irrational hatred for the Rangers because they wish their teams got as much attention as New York's. I don't care what the opposition thinks. I just want to crush them.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 10:46 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I guess I just don't understand why anyone would expect posters on the main boards to ever give the Rangers props. They have an irrational hatred for the Rangers because they wish their teams got as much attention as New York's. I don't care what the opposition thinks. I just want to crush them.
If islanders and devils fans can give the rangers credit than a bunch of children on the main board are more than possible in doing so.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
If islanders and devils fans can give the rangers credit than a bunch of children on the main board are more than possible in doing so.
Yeah, seems like a bunch of Kings fans are acting like children. I guess they didn't like the McDonagh hype and now he sucks.

Old
06-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That's exactly what I said. That's the point. A great team got their lunch handed to them. We made the sport proud. 3 OT losses. Somehow we got dominated...
We only got dominated on paper. We lost 4-1, but if the bounces went the other way, we could have won it in 5 as well. 3 games going to OT, 2 of those going to double OT. This final was closer than it looks