HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Straight from Trotzy'z mouth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2007, 11:56 PM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,175
vCash: 500
Straight from Trotzy'z mouth

On the CBC feed, his "Everyone healthy, dream playoff lines"

Kariya Legwand Erat
Radulov Forsberg Hartnell
Sullivan Arnott Dumont
Smithson Nichol Fiddler

Apparently he really likes Forsberg with Radulov

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:05 AM
  #2
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,491
vCash: 500
Really do hope he keeps 9,10,11 line together too, they've been dangerous most of the year.

I'd also like to see Harts with Dumont and Arnott, a line with good size that can cycle the puck.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:14 AM
  #3
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust
 
PeterAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Really do hope he keeps 9,10,11 line together too, they've been dangerous most of the year.

I'd also like to see Harts with Dumont and Arnott, a line with good size that can cycle the puck.
yeah me too, i think legwand and kariya together makes us just an extremely dangerous team especially with forsberg rolling out when their shift is over and then sully and arnott after forsberg skates off

PeterAngelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  #4
Crazyhorse
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Sounds good. Why force chemistry if it doesn't work?

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 09:06 AM
  #5
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Forsberg and Radulov have really seemed to click lately.

With Forsberg and Kariya, you havd two guys who were better at making the pretty pass than burying the puck in the net.

Thats a scary top 3 lines. Lets hope everyone can get healthy.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:59 AM
  #6
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Let's hope that he gives these lines more than 1 peroid to gel when they come back. Hopefully, they at least have a few games together. Any mention on how close any of the guys are. I heard on the zone that Hartz was skating, but that's about all.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 04:02 PM
  #7
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Hartnell, Forsberg and Radulov is what I think most here have been saying since day 1 of the Forsberg era (or at least a couple of games into it). I think Rads and Harts speed (or relative lack thereof) and willingness to shoot are perfect for Forsberg. This allows the old lines that worked to stay together.


I also like that Timonen- Zids may be getting broken up. I had to listen to the last three games but it sounded like Trotz was giving different pairings a look. My imagination?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
  #8
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Hartnell, Forsberg and Radulov is what I think most here have been saying since day 1 of the Forsberg era (or at least a couple of games into it). I think Rads and Harts speed (or relative lack thereof) and willingness to shoot are perfect for Forsberg. This allows the old lines that worked to stay together.
I agree....but Trotz HAD to do the Kariya/Forsberg experiment.

Kariya was one of the main reasons that Forsberg wanted to come here, and the potential chemistry had to be given a legitimate try. Both are smart enough hockey players to evaluate where their strengths will pay the most dividends in team success for the prize that all are striving for.....who knows, it could be the last legitimate chance for the Cup for either or both of them.

That being said, they will still have the opportunity to work their magic together during the 1st PP unit together, where the 9-10-11's strength of scoring off the rush due to speed is not in demand, but the precision passing skills of both Forsberg and Kariya can be together maximized.

We all saw it....Trotz may have seen it....but Kariya and Forsberg had to first answer the question first hand in their minds, and other line chemistry had to be attempted to see just where Forsberg would make the most impact even strength.
It is no coincidence that Radulov's game has matured since Forsberg has joined the team.
Having those three impact lines is a situation that no one else in the league can legitimately match up well against.......IF everyone becomes healthy......

Sully's health now becomes the lynchpin to ultimate Cup success or failure, in my mind.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 06:13 PM
  #9
xEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
On the CBC feed, his "Everyone healthy, dream playoff lines"

Kariya Legwand Erat
Radulov Forsberg Hartnell
Sullivan Arnott Dumont
Smithson Nichol Fiddler

Apparently he really likes Forsberg with Radulov
NMK's when was this mentioned? I recorded the game and I saw where CBC put up these line combos, but I took it as CBC's line combos and not combos they got directly from Trotz.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
  #10
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
NMK's when was this mentioned? I recorded the game and I saw where CBC put up these line combos, but I took it as CBC's line combos and not combos they got directly from Trotz.
The commentary before they put them up, they said, "we spoke with Coach Trotz before the game, and asked him what his dream lines would look like, if he can get everyone back in time for the playoffs, and this is what he gave us"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:32 PM
  #11
David Singleton
HFB Partner
 
David Singleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dickson, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I agree....but Trotz HAD to do the Kariya/Forsberg experiment.

Kariya was one of the main reasons that Forsberg wanted to come here, and the potential chemistry had to be given a legitimate try. Both are smart enough hockey players to evaluate where their strengths will pay the most dividends in team success for the prize that all are striving for.....who knows, it could be the last legitimate chance for the Cup for either or both of them.

That being said, they will still have the opportunity to work their magic together during the 1st PP unit together, where the 9-10-11's strength of scoring off the rush due to speed is not in demand, but the precision passing skills of both Forsberg and Kariya can be together maximized.

We all saw it....Trotz may have seen it....but Kariya and Forsberg had to first answer the question first hand in their minds, and other line chemistry had to be attempted to see just where Forsberg would make the most impact even strength.
It is no coincidence that Radulov's game has matured since Forsberg has joined the team.
Having those three impact lines is a situation that no one else in the league can legitimately match up well against.......IF everyone becomes healthy......

Sully's health now becomes the lynchpin to ultimate Cup success or failure, in my mind.
handtrick, the most interesting aspect of Radulov's improvement is his ability to stay upright. Earlier in the season, he could easily be knocked off the puck and couldn't forecheck with any degree of success either.

We all believed that, put on a scoring line, he would blossom as a scorer. I'm not so sure we all saw his ability to stay on his feet, successfully fight for the puck in the corners, or amazing increase in forechecking ability.

Since I really can't recall offhand, I wonder when that light started to come on for him and what impact Forsberg had on that.

David

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
  #12
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle View Post
handtrick, the most interesting aspect of Radulov's improvement is his ability to stay upright. Earlier in the season, he could easily be knocked off the puck and couldn't forecheck with any degree of success either.

We all believed that, put on a scoring line, he would blossom as a scorer. I'm not so sure we all saw his ability to stay on his feet, successfully fight for the puck in the corners, or amazing increase in forechecking ability.

Since I really can't recall offhand, I wonder when that light started to come on for him and what impact Forsberg had on that.

David
Pred303 and I had just this same conversation today....neither one of us could believe how much Rad's strength on his skates and strength on the puck have improved this year.

I thought it would need a vigorous summer weight program focused on leg and core strength at the very least....

And from my conversations with the coaches just prior the trading deadline, I think they would probably say something very similair...

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 06:52 AM
  #13
predperson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Sully's health now becomes the lynchpin to ultimate Cup success or failure, in my mind.
I agree with this statement 100%.
With that said, do you have any professional intuition about his back condition and how good/bad you think his chances of returning for the playoffs?

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 08:48 AM
  #14
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson View Post
I agree with this statement 100%.
With that said, do you have any professional intuition about his back condition and how good/bad you think his chances of returning for the playoffs?
the longer he is out, the more I worry.
That being said, if he is not back by the chicago game [3rd game before the end], then I will become extremely worried. If he is held out until that time, I won't be any more worried than I am right now, because it would be prudent to let the nerve root irritability quiet down as much as it can before the playoffs.
I think he needs about 3 games at the end of regular season to get his timing and legs back to be back effectively for the start of the playoffs.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
  #15
David Singleton
HFB Partner
 
David Singleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dickson, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Pred303 and I had just this same conversation today....neither one of us could believe how much Rad's strength on his skates and strength on the puck have improved this year.

I thought it would need a vigorous summer weight program focused on leg and core strength at the very least....

And from my conversations with the coaches just prior the trading deadline, I think they would probably say something very similair...
I tried to start this conversation this morning on the Zone, but I was cut-off (or dropped call) and never heard the full response.

Calling in to sports talk stations is a little bit of a pain.

David

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
  #16
TaiMaiShu
back to square one
 
TaiMaiShu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,628
vCash: 500
Hey everyone! What's he update on Sullivan?

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
  #17
predperson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu View Post
Hey everyone! What's he update on Sullivan?
not much of one.....read a few posts ahead of yours for speculation on when he will return. He has a bulging disc vs. herniated disc.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.