HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2014, 11:26 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
We have been spoiled the last 3 seasons. Preseason games are total garbage!
No doubt. I've always hated how they make us pay full face for these meaningless games. If games that don't count cost the same as regular season games, why do playoff games cost more than regular season games?

Old
06-15-2014, 11:28 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
No doubt. I've always hated how they make us pay full face for these meaningless games. If games that don't count cost the same as regular season games, why do playoff games cost more than regular season games?
Could be worse, in Montreal I believe they make you buy 6 preseason games

Old
06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Could be worse, in Montreal I believe they make you buy 6 preseason games
ouch

Old
06-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Legend23

Anybody know what section Boomer Esiason sits in?

Old
06-16-2014, 07:25 AM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Anybody know what section Boomer Esiason sits in?
Section 108 around row 11

Old
06-16-2014, 07:53 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Although I'm guessing the first preseason game will be in decent demand next season
Why?

Old
06-16-2014, 07:58 AM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Why?
Because Richards won't be on the team anymore.

Old
06-16-2014, 08:18 AM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Section 108 around row 11
Those are $306, I don't understand why he wouldn't just buy the Delta Access for $79 more. But then again I bet they just let him walk in

Old
06-16-2014, 08:22 AM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Why?
Just to salute the team

And when I say "decent", I don't mean you can sell at a profit I mean worth at least 50% of face

Old
06-16-2014, 08:33 AM
patnyrnyg

I doubt anyone cares about the first pre-season game. But, if anyone wants to buy mine for face, let me know!

Old
06-16-2014, 08:53 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
Didn't receive anything, just now e-mailed my rep to ask about this
Quote:
Has anyone received their date/time for the seating relocation? My email from May 30th indicated the process would begin the week of June 16, and that I would receive my appointment date about a week before.
Me neither. Neither has the guy who sits next to me. I emailed my rep this morning, haven't heard anything. Went onto my account to see if it is posted anywhere and couldn't find anything.

Old
06-16-2014, 08:54 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
We have been spoiled the last 3 seasons. Preseason games are total garbage!
Hopeully we'll only have 3 preseason games next season, which is 6.8% of the bill. But at least its not the NFL where 20% of what you pay is preseason tickets.

But at the end of the day, teams price things however they want. Would you rather they just incorporated the price of preseason into the price of your regular season tickets and gave you the preseason "for free"? I'm not sure it makes much of a difference to me, but at least you can donate preseason tickets and get the full charitable deduction this way.

Old
06-16-2014, 08:58 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Just to salute the team

And when I say "decent", I don't mean you can sell at a profit I mean worth at least 50% of face
Lol, I don't think it'll be decent at all. Pre-season is like a superskate event. Actually, those were probably more filled.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:09 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Hopeully we'll only have 3 preseason games next season, which is 6.8% of the bill. But at least its not the NFL where 20% of what you pay is preseason tickets.

But at the end of the day, teams price things however they want. Would you rather they just incorporated the price of preseason into the price of your regular season tickets and gave you the preseason "for free"? I'm not sure it makes much of a difference to me, but at least you can donate preseason tickets and get the full charitable deduction this way.
I had suggested this to my rep. Gave a scenario where they want to charge $60 per ticket. So, for the season that would be $2640. (60x44). For the 41 regular season games, set the "face-value" at $63 for a total of $2583. That leaves $57 for the pre-season, so set the face value of the pre-season at $19 each (57/3). Total comes to $2640. We had a back and forth, said she never heard of the idea, but would bring it up. Would require someone to actually do the work to see how to break it down, so I doubt it is ever done. I even offered to do the arithmetic for them for every price point.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:19 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
For my $86 gallery seats next season that toilet paper adds $6.29 to the base price of each regular season ticket...making the real "face" $92.29.
That is what I plan to do for my regulars. Do the same with my Giants tickets. $95/ticket, so $950 for the season. 950/8=118.75, so friends/family pay $120 each.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:39 AM
patnyrnyg

Just got word from my rep, relocation has been delayed.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Just got word from my rep, relocation has been delayed.
Do they know until when?

Old
06-16-2014, 09:51 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Since nobody really wants to buy pre-season games at anywhere close to face, yes. I'd rather the face of my $86 tickets actually read $92, and have my pre-season tickets marked as $0. The Rangers would have to address the issue of pricing single game sales for those 3 games, but I'd certainly prefer they went that route.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:57 AM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Do they know until when?
Got the same reply, no word on until when

Old
06-16-2014, 10:04 AM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

Quote:
Since nobody really wants to buy pre-season games at anywhere close to face, yes. I'd rather the face of my $86 tickets actually read $92, and have my pre-season tickets marked as $0. The Rangers would have to address the issue of pricing single game sales for those 3 games, but I'd certainly prefer they went that route.
The NFL is losing season ticket holders just because of those 2 worthless preseason games. It's such a big issue that they keep trying to cut out one of those games and add a couple to the regular season (players union refusing).

It's not reasonable to charge full price on any sport's preseason games because they are not competing and the product is inferior. Obviously I don't want to be forced to buy any preseason games but they should at least cut the price in half. That's what the Phillies (MLB) and Wizards (NBA) do.

They will never mark down preseason games to $0 and mark up regular season because they still need to sell thousands of those preseason individually at a high enough price

Old
06-16-2014, 10:51 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
The NFL is losing season ticket holders just because of those 2 worthless preseason games. It's such a big issue that they keep trying to cut out one of those games and add a couple to the regular season (players union refusing).

It's not reasonable to charge full price on any sport's preseason games because they are not competing and the product is inferior. Obviously I don't want to be forced to buy any preseason games but they should at least cut the price in half. That's what the Phillies (MLB) and Wizards (NBA) do.

They will never mark down preseason games to $0 and mark up regular season because they still need to sell thousands of those preseason individually at a high enough price
NFL is losing season ticket holders for more than just the pre-season. 1) just the prices in general. 2) kills the entire sunday. 3) Since most people nowadays have ADD, and ADHD, the thought of sitting/standing to watch 1 entire game is not very appealing. People want to watch redzone or go to a bar to watch every game so they can keep up to the second with the fantasy teams and bets.

I see it with a few of the younger guys (25-28) with whom I work. They think I am nuts for spending $95 to go to the game. Then $30 for parking and $30 for the tailgate I attend. They go to a sports bar at 1pm, drink all day, eat twice, and do not spend as much as I do.

As for the NHL, they cetainly can make it $0 for pre-season games for STH and slightly raise the regular season tickets. They can then charge accordingly for the individual tickets. Those do not actually sell anyway on an individual basis.

Old
06-16-2014, 01:03 PM
McD27

Just got the delay email:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your continued support of the New York Rangers, and for your interest in a possible relocation or upgrade of your Season Tickets for the 14-15 Season.

We want to let you know that the relocation, upgrade and additional seat process, previously scheduled for the week of June 16, has been pushed out a little bit further. This delay won't in any way impact the process or your standing. As always, the priority for your scheduled time relative to other eligible Season Subscribers is based solely on your subscription tenure.

As soon as details are finalized, we will reach out immediately with your specific time slot for when you are able to use the virtual online tool and select your new seats.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns or questions, and thank you again for your support.

Old
06-16-2014, 01:14 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

I wonder if the Knicks will slip in there first

Old
06-16-2014, 01:21 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
That would make sense in some respects but I can probably get more value out of a deduction for donating the tickets than I could by selling the tickets - with some exceptions. Tough to claim a legitimate deduction for tickets marked with $0 face value.

Quote:

I don't know if they're losing a lot of STHs due to preseason games but it was addressed at least once on NFL today 1-2 years ago so there must be something to it. As I recall, Leon Hess was one of the last to require STHs to buy preseason and I think he was forced into it (those were the days of watching preseason games on tape delay). I miss him.

I wasn't aware that any MLB teams require STHs to buy exhibition games. I certainly don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
NFL is losing season ticket holders for more than just the pre-season. 1) just the prices in general. 2) kills the entire sunday. 3) Since most people nowadays have ADD, and ADHD, the thought of sitting/standing to watch 1 entire game is not very appealing. People want to watch redzone or go to a bar to watch every game so they can keep up to the second with the fantasy teams and bets.

I see it with a few of the younger guys (25-28) with whom I work. They think I am nuts for spending $95 to go to the game. Then $30 for parking and $30 for the tailgate I attend. They go to a sports bar at 1pm, drink all day, eat twice, and do not spend as much as I do.

As for the NHL, they cetainly can make it $0 for pre-season games for STH and slightly raise the regular season tickets. They can then charge accordingly for the individual tickets. Those do not actually sell anyway on an individual basis.
Yeah who would buy preseason games fom the box office when you can buy them on stubhub at pennies on the dollar? It would be nice if teams would not sell below STH face value, at least from their box office.

Old
06-16-2014, 01:46 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

Quote:
That would make sense in some respects but I can probably get more value out of a deduction for donating the tickets than I could by selling the tickets - with some exceptions. Tough to claim a legitimate deduction for tickets marked with $0 face value.

I don't know if they're losing a lot of STHs due to preseason games but it was addressed at least once on NFL today 1-2 years ago so there must be something to it. As I recall, Leon Hess was one of the last to require STHs to buy preseason and I think he was forced into it (those were the days of watching preseason games on tape delay). I miss him.

I wasn't aware that any MLB teams require STHs to buy exhibition games. I certainly don't.

Yeah who would buy preseason games fom the box office when you can buy them on stubhub at pennies on the dollar? It would be nice if teams would not sell below STH face value, at least from their box office.
Depends on your tax bracket, of course. If your effective tax rate is 25%, then your donation nets you 25%. If your effective rate is 50%, then you net 50% of the cost. Usually you can do better than that selling them for cash unless your motivation is to do a good thing for a charity then of course that's a nice thing to do.

The NFL preseason games are costing some STHs, but the bigger issue is the price of the gameday experience vs. the quality of HDTV coverage. For many teams you can now pick and choose the games you want on stubhub for less than your average season ticket commitment (in part due to the preseason). NFL has dramatically shifted to a television sport with declining attendance.

Phillies have a couple home preseason games every year, I think the Nationals have one as well.

I agree that people aren't clamoring to pay full face for preseason at the boxoffice, but they can at least put together 2 for 1 offers and groupon packages for a percentage of the face, which they can't do if the entire game is marked down to $0

Closed Thread