HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading for a Star Player

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2004, 07:14 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
Trading for a Star Player

I noticed on the board over the last little while people talking about making trades for big time players which would most likely result with us giving away picks and/or prospects. We weren't even exspected to make the playoffs this year and theres a good chance we may and thats great but were still a rebuilding team should we really be trying to get better now by throwing parts away of what the organization has been working for, for over the past 3 years or so. I have no probem with trading some of the dead wood (if possible) we have but people are talking about like Smyth, Gonchar, ect. their going to cost atleast a good prospect + more. I think alot of it may because were excited about this possible playoff run but I'm just happy we made this year not exspected to at all, while rebuilding so maybe we should just go with what we have which got us this far and stay focused on the future instead of going for a star player. Anyway just somthing I noticed i'm probly the only one who thinks this way but I thought i'd bring it up anyhow.

Last edited by eddy: 02-15-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Old
02-15-2004, 07:46 AM
GhostOfTheForum

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
I agree with you and I'm sure the majority do

it's just easy to get caught up in it

Closed Thread