HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal will not sign Vanek

Old
06-16-2014, 04:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Nope.
Then stop crying like a baby. You're a grown man.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 04:39 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He had 10 points in 17 games and still was on the fourth line while Desharnais and Pacioretty were rewarded for doing nothing. If I were in Vanek's situation I would blame Therrien for not even giving me a chance.
Same here...although the other 2 showed more effort. But it goes without saying they are both the darlings of the team and treated as such.

Old
06-16-2014, 04:40 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Pacioretty and DD both were crap, doesn't excuse Vanek for being ineffective 90 percent of the games either.

Vanek got plenty of PP time despite looking injured or simply behind the play.
You're right...but I'll tell you one thing. If MT keeps playing favorites with those 2, the team will not go anywhere while he's here. It's embarrassing how he favors those 2 no matter how bad/inefective they are.

Old
06-16-2014, 04:42 PM
haburger*

Hate to admit it but we need vanek.we just dont have the players who can score consistently. We were lucky this year but I wouldnt be surprised to see the habs get bounced early next year.we need to either make an offer to vanek or go after kane /yakupov.if that means selling the farm then it must be considered at the least.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 04:48 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Vanek's "dismal showing" placed him tied for fourth on the team in playoff scoring, third among forwards.

I know this forum loves over-the-top hyperbole and sky is falling absurd over reactions but finishing third in playoff scoring among Habs forwards while spending half of the post-season on the fourth line is far form "dismal."

But lets not let reality play a role in any of this.
Do you think he played well?

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You're right...but I'll tell you one thing. If MT keeps playing favorites with those 2, the team will not go anywhere while he's here. It's embarrassing how he favors those 2 no matter how bad/inefective they are.
Believe me, I am not fan of MeaThead.

You could also argue he was still playing favorites with Vanek as he got similar PP time despite being ineffective 5 on 5 and completely lost defensively and behind the play.

Coaches have favorites, all of them do. Red Wings fans hate how Babcock is in love with Cleary.

Yes it drives us all insane.

Also, this team isn't going anywhere with him here not because he plays favorites, it's because his "rah rah" style loses effectiveness as the years pass and it gets old quick. The zero semblance of a defensive scheme, not chip to no one offensive strategy is pretty ineffective.

Apoplectic Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
They had their share of struggles and most of this came from how teams adapt to them.
I think they looked good vs TB. They couldn't bury some of their chances, but they certainly created things.
Versus Boston, they were up vs Chara and a much better defensive team. So it's normal for them to have a tougher time. I suspect that's why Therrien split them up vs NYR. He knew Mcdo-Girardi was going to play vs Max. So he split them up in hope of getting more balance. That being said, he switched the wrong guy. Max can sustain tougher opponents and a bit more defensive duties, Vanek can't.

As for the regular season, no clue what you're talking about.
I mean, unless you are only looking at the last 4 games, which is pretty darn selective and small. Otherwise, in the 10 games previous to those 4, Vanek had 6goals 13pts, MaxPac had 8goals 14pts, DD had 3goals 11pts.

In the last 4 they each had 1 pt, but we're talking about 4 freaking games. So that's not what I call a lethargy at all.

I'm not suggesting Vanek was great in the POs. Not even close. Doesn't mean we have the luxury of pissing away on a 30 goal scorer.
I don't think we should throw him away either.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
haburger*

Hate to admit it but we need vanek.we just dont have the players who can score consistently. We were lucky this year but I wouldnt be surprised to see the habs get bounced early next year.we need to either make an offer to vanek or go after kane /yakupov.if that means selling the farm then it must be considered at the least.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He had 10 points in 17 games and still was on the fourth line while Desharnais and Pacioretty were rewarded for doing nothing. If I were in Vanek's situation I would blame Therrien for not even giving me a chance.
meh if anything MT was too patient, he would have been a healthy scratch several times if it were me. Guy was terrible, a 100% garbage.

Still, we need points for the regular season. So I wouldn't have a problem to re-sign him, as funny as it sounds.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM
S Bah

Vanek's worth is more than pure goalscoring as evidenced by Pacioretty & DD's statements about his sharing about offence of which all can't have been imparted in the short term he has had with the Habs. Players with the talent and experience of Markov, Vanek and others lies not just in their play but abilities to share their experience too players keen to get better, just my opinion from working with tradesmen all my life. Hard work is not always smart work and those with an ear for imparted wisdom, usually get home earlier with more money in their pockets!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 06:17 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I'd love it if we could sign Statsny and Vanek and trade Pleks and DD.

I'd be fine with picks and prospects but if Pleks could give us another winger or a top 4 D man that would be fine too.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 06:26 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Vanek's worth is more than pure goalscoring as evidenced by Pacioretty & DD's statements about his sharing about offence of which all can't have been imparted in the short term he has had with the Habs. Players with the talent and experience of Markov, Vanek and others lies not just in their play but abilities to share their experience too players keen to get better, just my opinion from working with tradesmen all my life. Hard work is not always smart work and those with an ear for imparted wisdom, usually get home earlier with more money in their pockets!
Not a bad point. I kinda wish we could keep Vanek myself, it's just a question of money unfortunately.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 06:45 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Yeah vanish can leverage all of that great playoff experience he's had to impart it to the youngsters like how to score deflecting pucks of your keister, the importnace of looking good on empty netters and most importantly, how to do the best casper the ghost impersonation. Hopefully patches is a quick study.

his demand to test free agency got him shipped from two bottom dwelling teams. Hes not going to sign with us (or if we trade his rights) or anyone else before the first and then someone is going to overpay. I hope to hell its not us.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASPHEMOUS View Post
Not a bad point. I kinda wish we could keep Vanek myself, it's just a question of money unfortunately.
Its not the money its the term. i hate vanek but even I would sign him 4 x ( 6.5 to 7) but hes looking to cash in as this is likely his last kick at the cat.

Old
06-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
meh if anything MT was too patient, he would have been a healthy scratch several times if it were me. Guy was terrible, a 100% garbage.

Still, we need points for the regular season. So I wouldn't have a problem to re-sign him, as funny as it sounds.
I don't think he was really patient. In the 2nd game of the POs, his ice time was dropped to below 16min. Versus Boston, he reached the 17min+ mark only twice and one of which was a game going to 2nd OT. Versus NYR the most he played was 13:14.
In comparison, Max never played 15min. Versus the NYR, the least he played was 18:46.
This isn't a knock on Max but he wasn't that much better than Vanek.

It's not just Vanek. Eller-Bourque-Gionta was our best line most of these POs. When Galy came back, they were eventually split up.
Eller was our best scorer all POs up front, he got 8min of PP time. That's right. Eight freaking minutes, all playoffs.

As bad as Vanek was, I don't think Therrien did a particularly good job with him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 06:55 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think he was really patient. In the 2nd game of the POs, his ice time was dropped to below 16min. Versus Boston, he reached the 17min+ mark only twice and one of which was a game going to 2nd OT. Versus NYR the most he played was 13:14.
In comparison, Max never played 15min. Versus the NYR, the least he played was 18:46.
This isn't a knock on Max but he wasn't that much better than Vanek.

It's not just Vanek. Eller-Bourque-Gionta was our best line most of these POs. When Galy came back, they were eventually split up.
Eller was our best scorer all POs up front, he got 8min of PP time. That's right. Eight freaking minutes, all playoffs.

As bad as Vanek was, I don't think Therrien did a particularly good job with him.
agreed. I think they should share the blame both Vanek and MT. Sometimes it's not just one or the other. Sometimes it takes a coach a while to understand how to use or coach a player.

Eller should definitely be on the PP one way or another. Especially because he's so good at gaining the zone. A lot of our forwards are bad at that.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Then stop crying like a baby. You're a grown man.
Are you?

Make better posts and you won't get cut up. Every other post is you *****ing about "Hab Fans" and defending other teams fans from "Hab fans who can't be objective."

Give the self righteous crap a rest and you won't get sliced up. Keep posting garbage and you will. Welcome to the wonderful world of the internet. You don't like people cutting you down? Make better posts. I'm not putting you on ignore either... so you can stop asking.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I'd love it if we could sign Statsny and Vanek and trade Pleks and DD.

I'd be fine with picks and prospects but if Pleks could give us another winger or a top 4 D man that would be fine too.
Still don't see the point in dealing Plecs. Nor do I see a reason to deal for Stastny. He's not a number one center either.

Vanek? Yeah, we need him. Where else are we going to find that kind of scoring on the wing?

Old
06-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Bleu Blanc Rouge

Quote:
Still don't see the point in dealing Plecs. Nor do I see a reason to deal for Stastny. He's not a number one center either.

Vanek? Yeah, we need him. Where else are we going to find that kind of scoring on the wing?
Because we need to get bigger

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Blanc Rouge View Post
Because we need to get bigger
How does Stastny make us bigger? The guy's only six foot. It's not like he's a big center dude. We should just put Galchenyuk in that role.

Old
06-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I don't get why everybody is jumping on Vanek's case for a bad playoffs and then turning around and wanting Iginla, who had an equally bad playoffs.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 08:34 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I don't get why everybody is jumping on Vanek's case for a bad playoffs and then turning around and wanting Iginla, who had an equally bad playoffs.
Because if iginla is not scoring, he's not useless like vanish? Because he didn't play disinterested and because he is not looking for a seven year deal?

Pick your poison ( but not vanishes contract)

Old
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Because if iginla is not scoring, he's not useless like vanish? Because he didn't play disinterested and because he is not looking for a seven year deal?

Pick your poison ( but not vanishes contract)
I doubt Iggy's an option to begin with. Vanek might not even be an option...

Old
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
sandysan

Quote:
I doubt Iggy's an option to begin with. Vanek might not even be an option...
Will we sign him? Who knows but we should kick the tires no?

Because what he brings ( effort, experience, tenacity and jam), yeah we have no need for that on our soft or small top 9.

I'd rather try to get something the habs need for a short term then sign an enigmatic floater long term in the hope he changes his spots.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Feintastic

Noooo is it real ? :O u serious ?

LMAO... I knew that Vanek wouldnt sign here since day one, it's just so easy tell !

Bergevin landed an expensive overrated UFA, thanks to him we have no 2nd round pick this year and we lost Collberg, good job !

2012 2nd round pick (Collberg)

2014 2nd round pick

vs

Vanek (no contract, UFA this summer)

Worth it ? Absolutely not. Vanek didnt help us in the playoff, he helped to secure a spot but I bet the Habs would have done the playoff anyway. The habs(Molson) achieved his goal its alright, making more money is the only thing that counts hehe ! With or without Vanek Bergevin knew damm well that we cant win a Stanley Cup with this team its impossible, fucc a Cinderella story we need a mighty club n the habs isnt one they just had a great 1st and 2nd round before they start to succ in against the Rangers.

Last edited by Feintastic: 06-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote