HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Straka

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
  #1
OlWpgJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Straka

I know he has had a couple minor injuries but looking at ice time , he has played a fair bit the last couple of games(almost a period each game with some powerplay) but his offence has disappeared. He was really good for my hockey draft I'm in but the last month ,he hasn't gotten a point. Is he still hurt but playing or just dumb luck that he hasn't gotten any points. The last couple of games have been low scoring affairs in his defence I guess.

OlWpgJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 07:29 PM
  #2
Madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlWpgJet View Post
I know he has had a couple minor injuries but looking at ice time , he has played a fair bit the last couple of games(almost a period each game with some powerplay) but his offence has disappeared. He was really good for my hockey draft I'm in but the last month ,he hasn't gotten a point. Is he still hurt but playing or just dumb luck that he hasn't gotten any points. The last couple of games have been low scoring affairs in his defence I guess.
Yes, that's it.

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 12:17 AM
  #3
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
He's playing with a bad shoulder--one that needs surgery in the off season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:28 AM
  #4
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
The guy cant shoot the puck, he just passes, its killing us

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
  #5
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
If you're looking for any fantasy production out of Straka down the stretch, you're gonna be dissapointed. He is playing with one arm right now and can't shoot at all. He may not score another goal for the rest of the season.

At this point the Rangers may have been better off with Dubi still in the lineup. (I love Straka btw, heart and soul player, but the guy cant do anything right now).

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
  #6
philbo
Registered User
 
philbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Avon, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
The guy cant shoot the puck, he just passes, its killing us
TOTALLY AGREE! Love Straka's heart, hustle, but he can't shoot so RENNEY GET HIM OFF THE POINT ON THE PP.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 06:11 PM
  #7
OlWpgJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
I figured it was something like that

like being injured. His shoulder ,is it something that a little more rest until playoffs wouldn't help? It makes you wonder why he is even playing right now? Thanks for the info anyways, I havn't been able to catch a Rangers game for awhile so wasn't sure.

OlWpgJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
  #8
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlWpgJet View Post
like being injured. His shoulder ,is it something that a little more rest until playoffs wouldn't help? It makes you wonder why he is even playing right now? Thanks for the info anyways, I havn't been able to catch a Rangers game for awhile so wasn't sure.
I would rest him as well, unless its one of those things where it cant be hurt anyworse than it already is, but if we go deep into the playoffs he isn't going to be ready for next season either.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.